Games 10,11/68 Attack @ Erie Oct 21,22-2017

A forum for all fans of the Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Digger, waudby

Re: Games 10,11/68 Attack @ Erie Oct 21,22-2017

Postby stevey on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:06 am

You are right on Cubby. This isn't a Bowman issue it is a team issue. I see alot of individuals trying to be Hero's and it goes south real quick.
stevey

Postby Digger on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:48 pm

stevey wrote:You are right on Cubby. This isn't a Bowman issue it is a team issue. I see alot of individuals trying to be Hero's and it goes south real quick.

The goalie stats say he is part of the problem.

I don't disagree the overall defensive play by the team is not part of the problem either.
Digger
Digger

Postby stevey on Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:01 pm

Digger I am in no way saying he is not a part of the problem. Unless we are getting DiPietro or McNiven back changing Goalies without addressing the other issues will not gain us much.
stevey

Postby Digger on Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:29 pm

stevey wrote:Digger I am in no way saying he is not a part of the problem. Unless we are getting DiPietro or McNiven back changing Goalies without addressing the other issues will not gain us much.

sorry for the confusion
Digger
Digger

Postby CHL Watcher on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:41 pm

Digger...I fixed it for you

Centorame - Durzi does that now, not Friend. Friend is still Friend. Durzi is a year younger than Centorame and is on a big roll.
McNiven - Bowman - Not bringing confidence to the game the way McNiven did. Not even average. Average would probably be all they need to compete with the best. That hurts huge.
James - Lyszczarczyk - Lyszczarczyk is a much better skater than James, is younger, and will accumulate far more points than James. I think he's a huge improvement.
Palmu - not replaced (huge hole) - Plenty of people think it's not important that the Attack have only one import. Imports are top six on championship teams. They're important to have. Palmu types are out there....playing for some of the other teams.
Schmalz - not replaced (missing power forward aside from the top line). Gadjovich can't be the only muscle on the offensive side of things or he'll be well bruised by springtime. Is there a big, disciplined, power forward out there who can skate and hit and be had for a decent return? He doesn't have to score much...just be a handful to deal with. That was Schamlz.

McGill - Gill - The play that I see makes no sense. The crucial discipline required to win in this league is missing. The defense is lost. Goaltending is very shakey. He can't help the goaltending except to give Guzda a game when it makes sense to do so....and so far he hasn't done that. Fail. The defense should be solid...aside from goaltending...and it is anything but solid. Fail. The discipline is 100% on the coach for not acting to restrain those who think selfishly at each opportunity. Fail.

They are going to get some great draft picks and younger prospects for their top end players for another run in a few years....if they don't snap out of it fairly soon. Status quo past January 10 with this lot would be a disaster.
CHL Watcher

Previous

Return to Electric Ice Forum