Maple Leaf Connection not good enough

A forum for all fans of the Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Digger, waudby

Maple Leaf Connection not good enough

Postby cooter on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:27 am

When picking a head coach, old friends should not be part of the process. What outstanding schemes did he come up with in Kingston?
Like I said before, he is an old style coach, and this a new systems style game.
There is never a right way to do the wrong thing.
cooter

Re: Maple Leaf Connection not good enough

Postby attackisback on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:00 pm

this thread is a joke. its 11 games in the team is 6-2-2, they lose 2 games in a row and you want a new coach. wow, do you know anything about hockey?
attackisback

Postby Digger on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:51 pm

attackisback wrote:this thread is a joke. its 11 games in the team is 6-2-2, they lose 2 games in a row and you want a new coach. wow, do you know anything about hockey?

People that know about hockey also know when things go bad it's the coach who takes the blame. Right or wrong!!
Digger
Digger

Postby attackisback on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:15 pm

show of hands will degray fire the coach? whats his track record for that in the past?
attackisback

Postby Digger on Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:46 pm

attackisback wrote:show of hands will degray fire the coach? whats his track record for that in the past?

Nobody outside of you said fire the coach but if the ship does not get corrected that is something that very well could happen at some point down the road.

Myself I am not a big fan of doing that as in most cases it is only works short term.
Digger
Digger

Postby Digger on Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Just for the record the Phoenix Suns fired their coach after only 6 games. :lol:
Digger
Digger

Postby CHL Watcher on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:57 pm

DeGray plays to win. He will do what he feels is necessary. Will he fire the coach? Maybe, at some point. Maybe not. That's up to the coach.

I'm betting DeGray isn't happy about scrambling to assemble a team. It's probably not what he expected to be doing at this point in the season.

Personally, I wouldn't be firing the coach just yet....because it's too darn early and goaltending has a lot to do with the standings. Remember....they're still doing better than last year at this time. It won't look good on DeGray or the organization if they're seen to have a hair trigger. Accepting a coaching job with Owen Sound requires some sacrifice. This isn't Toronto. You would have to feel you have some amount of security or you're unlikely to want the gig. Give him time to do whatever it is he's trying to do and cross your fingers that there is some sense to it, I guess.

Personally, I'm put off by the lack of discipline.
CHL Watcher

Return to Electric Ice Forum