Question ???

A forum for all fans of the Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Digger, waudby

Question ???

Postby cooter on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:14 pm

Is Daniels still our property, and if he is why has DD not called him up to see if he can help our goaltending problem?
We have 3 defence men behind the bench, why are we so bad in our end, poor systems?
There is never a right way to do the wrong thing.
cooter

Re: Question ???

Postby attackisback on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:53 am

he wont be called up. He didnt stick the last 2 years not sure whats changed. Guzda is the future no matter how this season goes.
attackisback

Postby hockeyhockeyhockey on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:40 pm

Daniels had off season surgery, that's why he never played an exxy game for the Attack.
He's playing for the Kitchener Dutchmen along with Lucal Pfeil.
Not sure what kind of team the Dutchies are this year, but Daniela numbers are not spectacular.

Given the state of the Attack skaters, I don't think adding him at this point would yield better results.
your Owen Sound Attack...

2011 OHL Champions
2011 Western Conference Champions
2011 Mid-West Division Regular Season Champions
2011 OHL Memorial Cup Participant
hockeyhockeyhockey

Postby Pitou on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:13 pm

We had an upgrade already in our stable. Emanuel Vella. His current numbers are better than either of our current tenders, all around. Now I concede that Vella was not consistent last season but he was played quite sparingly behind McNiven. Never really given a chance to see what he could do with some regular playing time. He was given away for a bag of pucks in favour of an overage tender who is historically average. Vella would not be occupying an O/A spot and would leave space for an upgrade in that area.

I'm not suggesting for a moment that anyone would be thrilled at the prospect of Vella being the #1 starting the season, but Dale seemed quick to covet thy neighbours' ox of the same pedigree.
Last edited by Pitou on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pitou

Postby hockeyhockeyhockey on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Shopping for a Ferrari at Dollar Saver ?

2011 OHL Champions
hockeyhockeyhockey

Postby attackisback on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:09 pm

http://www.tsn.ca/habs-claim-g-niemi-of ... s-1.915142

NHL

MONTREAL CANADIENS
2h ago
Habs claim G Niemi off waivers
TSN.ca Staff

Bergevin on claiming Niemi: Gives us a 'safety net' 1:28
Bergevin on claiming Niemi: Gives us a 'safety net'
Now Showing Price taking his time to recover, but insists he will be back soon 3:34
Price taking his time to recover, but insists he will be back soo...
Up Next Pacioretty on Price's injury: 'From what I've been told it's very, very minor' 2:13
Pacioretty on Price's injury: 'From what I've been told it's very...
The Montreal Canadiens claimed former Florida Panthers goalie Antti Niemi off waivers on Tuesday.
Earlier Tuesday, injured starting goalie Carey Price (lower-body) told the media that he expects to be back in the lineup soon. Price's backup, Al Montoya, is also currently sidelined due to a concussion.

“We had a chance to claim an experienced goaltender off waivers. We wanted to protect the organization,” Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin said Tuesday.
Niemi appeared in two games with the Panthers, both in relief of James Reimer, posting an .872 save percentage and a 5.08 goals-against average.
The 34-year-old Niemi played in three games for the Penguins earlier this season, recording a 7.49 goals-against average and .797 save percentage before getting waived.
Bergevin said Niemi could stick with the Canadiens after Price returns as not to interfere with the development of standout rookie Charlie Lindgren.
“In an ideal world, you don’t want a young goaltender to play two or three games a month," Bergevin said, after noting the team is without a timeline for Montoya's return.
Antti Niemi portera le numéro 37 avec les Canadiens.

Antti Niemi will wear No. 37 with the Canadiens.#GoHabsGo
— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) November 14, 2017
Niemi carries a $700,000 cap hit on the one-year contract he signed with the Penguins in July.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Price
Montoya
Niemmi
Lindgren
Furchale
McNiven
echl goalie 2
echl goalie 3
attackisback

Postby CHL Watcher on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:26 am

That's what I've been saying. It just doesn't make sense for McNiven to play a few games a month at this stage of his development when there is a really wide open, perfectly good alternative.

We shall see.
CHL Watcher

Postby Noofgoof on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:15 am

I hope Mcniven gets returned.. However if mot is Timpano worth lookin at? His numbers career wise may not be the best but he did win a OHL championship and came close in the memcup.. He does not seem to thrilled in Erie and they seem to be sold on the younger guy. What would he be worth? I wouldnt think a crazy amount goin by numbers but again he did win an OHL championship just a year ago.. He did however have a pretty darn good team infront of him..
Noofgoof

Postby Noofgoof on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:23 am

Side note Mcniven played for Laval in the Ahl last night he had a great game heading in to the third but let three 3rd period goals in. He still managed to hang on for the 5-4 win he was 3rd star of the game and made 27 saves on 31 shots..
Noofgoof

Postby CHL Watcher on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:21 am

I don't think it hurts his cause when he plays well.

...but I also don't think it helps.

The number of games he plays is important. If Montreal doesn't think it's a good idea to have a young goaltender play a few games a month....then...something has to give.....because this is exactly the situation they have now. It's mid-November and how many games has anyone played for Montreal and the farm? A few each month.
CHL Watcher

Postby Pitou on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:11 pm

Noofgoof wrote:I hope Mcniven gets returned.. However if mot is Timpano worth lookin at? His numbers career wise may not be the best but he did win a OHL championship and came close in the memcup.. He does not seem to thrilled in Erie and they seem to be sold on the younger guy. What would he be worth? I wouldnt think a crazy amount goin by numbers but again he did win an OHL championship just a year ago.. He did however have a pretty darn good team infront of him..

In my opinion, no. Timpano is much of the same of what we have now. I think Erie won despite Timpano as much as they won because of him. His numbers were acceptable on a very strong team, but still ranked only 15th in save% last year. With a weaker roster, his numbers are basically where Bowman's currently are this year. The only benefit would be if he was not an O/A and could use that slot to bring in a quality O/A. But I'm pretty sure Timpano is an O/A too. He does have the intangible asset of playoff experience, but is not stopping the puck any better this year, than what we have.

In addition, it was Murcada who was the better goalie for Erie in the playoffs. 2017 Playoff Stats: Murcada- 1.64 GAA- .938 Save%- Timpano- 2.73 GAA- .895 Save%. .895 will not usually get it done in the playoffs. Like I said, Erie won despite him and should have won the Memorial Cup. They lost to a weaker team with a stronger goaltender.

There has to be better options out there, but the team needs to start playing as though spending future resources on goaltending will be a worthwhile investment. Right now, I'm not convinced.
Pitou

Postby hockeyhockeyhockey on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:57 pm

Well stated, Pitou. For whatever reason this team has gone flat under Gills direction .
Them, or him ?

2011 OHL Champions
hockeyhockeyhockey

Postby attackisback on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:40 pm

Gill is fine hes been here 3 months. Posters on here said the same thing about the late mark reeds when he first started to and by the end of his time here he was beloved.

the coach wont be fired so you can stop thinking that or hoping it will happen. Degray builds bridges he doesnt burn them
attackisback

Postby hockeyhockeyhockey on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:16 pm

I'm not naive to think Gill is going anywhere after three months on the job.

I also know this team has some high end skill, lots of it, that as a team, is not performing to expectations at the moment.

2011 OHL Champions
hockeyhockeyhockey

Postby stevey on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:03 pm

I know the Coach is here to stay at least for his contract and in all likelihood he is a good coach it is a learning curve.The problem is this could be it for this cyle I think we lose Gadjo next season no guarentee on Suzuki returning and who knows what else happens. Maybe we should get Bobby Ryan to give the boy's a pep talk. He was known to say that instead of that team quitting on Stotts they should have went out and won for themselves because you may never get to play for a Championship again. Maybe these guy's should buckle down and play for there teammates and do what they need to do to win I think we have enough character in the room they could do it.
stevey

Next

Return to Electric Ice Forum