Huge important stretch of games coming up...

A forum for all fans of the Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Digger, waudby

Huge important stretch of games coming up...

Postby Noofgoof on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:45 am

I was looking at the schedule and after the Niagara game on Wednesday we play the next 6 games all against divisional opponents. 1 against London 3 against Guelph and 2 against Kitchener. This could be a very big oppurtunity to make some ground on the Rangers and distance our self from the surging Knights and Storm. Lets hope the boys come to play.. interestingly enough after that stretch out of the last 7 games before the new year we have 3 against Barrie and another against both Kitchener and London with a game against flint and Kingston in there also . Barrie May as well be a divisional opponet due to the amount we play each other so those games are also huge and both Barrie and Kingston are playing good hockey so there really isnt any easy games..
Noofgoof

Re: Huge important stretch of games coming up...

Postby CHL Watcher on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:53 am

Honestly, the way things are going that sounds like a recipe for disaster.

London - surging
Barrie - incredible D and good offense. Shouldn't be happening. Somebody there REALLY knows what they're doing.
Kitchener - is the one making distance on the Attack...not the other way 'round. Beautiful management this season.
Kingston - defense...goaltending.
Guelph - surging....never easy.

...and so on.

And even Saginaw has to win now and then. :shock:

If a different team shows up we're good to go. Sounds promising, right? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. These other teams are progressing....becoming better. That's what is supposed to be happening. It is absolutely NOT happening here. They aren't even where they were in preseason at this point.

Mistakes have been made and getting out of those mistakes will mean admitting to them. Odds?

What do you figure Suzuki and Gadjovich will fetch at the deadline?
CHL Watcher

Postby stevey on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:38 am

First off in this league there are never any easy games.I just hope if Coach has seen enough and is sitting guy's for there poor play,that he keeps it up.If we fall behind there will be no 15 gm winning streaks this year everybody has improved from last year we need to stay in the mix until any upgrades are done. If there are any happening I sure hope it is soon. My next question, Do we ride Guzda for a bit ? Personally I can live with him letting in the odd weak goal as he is young and learning I really on the weekend thought there where only a couple goals that he probably should have had.
stevey

Postby Noofgoof on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:55 am

I would ride him until he starts to falter. Might give bowman some ambition to be better when and if he gets back in the crease.. in the mean time look for any kind of cheap replacement for Bowman in the net and as an OA the goalie coming in doesnt need to waste an OA spot unless its helvig in my opinon which after yesterday seems a little less likely. But an OA dman or forward that can put up points and bring some kind of experience to the team would be more useful at this point
Noofgoof

Postby Pitou on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:19 pm

Well the Attack have recently taken over the Conference lead in PIM's. And they have a game or two in hand on most. A chance to widen their gap there too. Let's hope it turns around. They were not leaders in that area. Not the element of the game that you're looking to climb the rankings.
Pitou

Postby stevey on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Sudbury just signed an O/A goalie that was playing for Ryerson. Mario Culina played a bit of 2 seasons with the Spitfires.
stevey

Postby CHL Watcher on Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:21 am

Dale DeGray has passed over a number of goaltending prospects and every time he does this I think about MM returning.

Otherwise....Christian Propp instead of a defenseman would have made a lot of sense...regardless of how good that defenseman might be....age and experience aside. Even trading Propp for a more experienced goalie would have been easier than grabbing an experienced guy in a vacuum. You have to give to receive....and a promising young goalie who can stop pucks right now is a perfect fit for a young team trading an old goalie.......and yet Dale DeGray is acting like he's looking for placeholders to get by with, rather than a known goaltender.

It just seems a little off.....unless....
CHL Watcher

Postby CHL Watcher on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:23 am

I'm bumping this thread just to remind people and to make sure it gets updated. Last post was Nov 24, but the thread is very relevant to all the game threads...and kind of ties them together.

So far....not so good.
CHL Watcher

Postby stevey on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:40 am

Not so good is an understatement. They could very well be in the 9th spot and out of the playoffs by the end of this stretch. Anyone with any connection to the team reading this feel free to have the boy's prove me wrong I actually don't mind eating crow. I am usually a glass is half full type of person but I think this glass has a whole in the bottom.
stevey

Postby CHL Watcher on Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:42 pm

Well...it's hard to salvage this "Huge important stretch of games" at this point.

I thought they played a hard fought game tonight. It just wasn't quite enough.

I hope Phillips is okay, but a head shot like that can have huge repercussions....so.....I hope he's okay.
CHL Watcher

Return to Electric Ice Forum