Game 25/68 Rangers @ Attack Nov 29,2017- 7 pm

A forum for all fans of the Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Digger, waudby

Game 25/68 Rangers @ Attack Nov 29,2017- 7 pm

Postby attackisback on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:05 am

http://attackhockey.com/article/attack- ... toys-night

NOVEMBER 28, 2017
Attack host Rangers on Toonies and Toys night
The Owen Sound Attack will look to get back in the win column when they play host to the Kitchener Rangers on Wednesday, Nov. 29.

Coming off of a pair losses to other Midwest Division rivals in the London Knights and Guelph Storm, Owen Sound will play their 3rd of six straight meetings with division opponents on Wednesday night, in what is the Attack’s annual Toonies and Toys night in support of the Owen Sound Fire Department’s toy drive for the Salvation Army.

Fans are encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped toy to the Bayshore to be donated to the Salvation Army that will help brighten the Christmas of a family in need. There will also be a Chuck-A-Puck in the 2nd intermission with all proceeds going to the Salvation Army.

TooniesAndToysGS

On the ice, Owen Sound will put their 13-9-0-2 record to the test against the Midwest Division leading Rangers, who enter the game at 15-9-2-0.

The meeting marks the 4th of the year between the two teams, although it is the 1st matchup in Owen Sound.

In the previous three tilts, the Attack have skated away with a 4-3 OT win on Sept. 29 as well as a 5-2 victory on Oct. 27. Kitchener was victorious in one of the meetings, a 4-1 score back on the 9th of October.

Nick Suzuki will return to Owen Sound’s lineup after missing Saturday’s game against Guelph, and the OHL’s 3rd leading scorer will be a big boost to the lineup.

Sitting at 41 points on the year by way of 16 goals and 25 assists, the Vegas Golden Knights prospect is on pace for 119 points this season.

Last year’s 3rd leading scorer in the OHL, Adam Mascherin, is powering Kitchener’s offence so far this season with 26 points in 26 games, a pace well below his 100 point campaign in 2016-17.

Fans who wish to purchase tickets for Wednesday night’s game can do so at the MacVicar & McComb ReMax Attack Box Office, online at www.attackhockey.com, or by calling 519-371-7452.

The Weekend Preview is presented by Joe Tomato’s, located next to the Galaxy Cinemas on the Sunset Strip. Joe Tomato’s offers fans 50% off wings and appetizers following all Attack home games. Simply present your ticket stub to your waiter or waitress to take advantage of the offer.

This season of Attack Hockey is brought to you by Lerner’s Personal Injury Lawyers and Bertrand & Muzzell Paralegal Services.
attackisback

Re: Game 25/68 Rangers @ Attack Nov 29,2017- 7 pm

Postby stevey on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:35 am

One of our Leaders needs to step up and take charge.Every player needs to be held accountable for there play or lack of. Erie is only 5 pts back and that puts us in the 9th spot. Time to right the ship now I believe if everyone plays smart and play Mc Gill's 5 man system they can climb back a bit maybe our goaltending get's some consistency and we at least look respectable. They say next year is our year but I don't see that Gadjo will almost be cetainly gone I feel Suzuki may be gone. Are we going to have goaltending I think Guzda will be good but he's a couple years away. THE TIME IS NOW!!!!!
stevey

Postby Annan_Man on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:41 am

Has anyone seen Hancock around town? Is he in a cast/sling? Wondering the extent of his hand injury.

Would like to see Daniels get the start again tonight.
Annan_Man

Postby stevey on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:40 pm

Looks like a cast heard 4-6 wks
stevey

Postby attackisback on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:28 pm

settle into 5-8th place and see what happens March 2018
attackisback

Postby hllywd99 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:37 pm

attackisback wrote:settle into 5-8th place and see what happens March 2018

IMHO with the way the schedule is this team doesn't make the playoffs. :oops:
........."FRACKEN A BABY! FRACKEN A!".............

......Andrew Shaw @ 11:09 pm 06/24/2013.......

.....TD Gardens in Boston, Mass.....
hllywd99

Postby Pitou on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:43 pm

I don't know what to say, that hasn't already been said except this is the least enjoyment I have had in watching the Attack in a long time. Daniels has not shown signs that he is an OHL ready goalie any time soon. This isn't rust. His positioning and anticipation is not there. He was struggling with the Dutchmen, how do you expect him to make the jump to the O.

They got rid of Vella with no plan. I never thought he would look like a Godsend.
Pitou

Postby stevey on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:04 pm

Don't know why I didn't notice this till tonight and I was watching us chase the puck around on the 5th goal. This team except for 4-5 guy's is out of shape. Andrew Hopf is still listed with the office and management people on the Attack website but I wonder how much work he does with the team?
stevey

Postby hockeyhockeyhockey on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:14 pm

An OHL goalie.

Or a sell-off.

It's conceivable the Attack could drop from 4th place and home ice to 9th place and out of playoffs by Monday.
Last edited by hockeyhockeyhockey on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
your Owen Sound Attack...

2011 OHL Champions
2011 Western Conference Champions
2011 Mid-West Division Regular Season Champions
2011 OHL Memorial Cup Participant
hockeyhockeyhockey

Postby hockeyhockeyhockey on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:16 pm

attackisback wrote:settle into 5-8th place and see what happens March 2018

Absolutely not !!!!! We loyal Attack fans will not settle for mediocrity. Make the necessary changes now.
your Owen Sound Attack...

2011 OHL Champions
2011 Western Conference Champions
2011 Mid-West Division Regular Season Champions
2011 OHL Memorial Cup Participant
hockeyhockeyhockey

Postby Digger on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:19 am

It's no longer red rising it's red sinking or stinking.

The game was a classis example of the attck season. They were up 4-2 then Sushko takes a selfish crosschecking penalty in front of the ranger net and 10 sec later it's 4-3 then shortly after 4-4.

At least he never saw the ice until late in the 3rd when they needed a goal, I would have left him on the bench and sit the next game.

The attack have no chance of winning with goaltending like that, too many weak goals and a dumb penalties is a bad mix.
Digger
Digger

Postby Digger on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:44 am

Attack collapse in third period
Greg Cowan, Pincher Creek Echo
By Greg Cowan, Owen Sound Sun Times
Wednesday, November 29, 2017 10:24:54 EST PM

Three straight third period goals for the Kitchener Rangers has lead to three straight Owen Sound Attack defeats.

With the Attack up 4-2 in the third period the Midwest division Rangers fired back and won the game 5-4 Wednesday night at the Harry Lumley Bayshore Community Centre.

“It’s a tough league” said assistant coach Al Letang following the game. “Teams come in here and they want to play hard, and until we raise our desperation we’re going to be a team that’s up-and-down.”

Coach Todd Gill might have been a little hot under the collar early in this one. After getting on his team about bad penalties following Saturday’s loss to Guelph, Markus Phillips took a tripping penalty not five minutes into the game.

The Rangers moved the puck well in the zone and it wasn’t long until Kole Sherwood’s cross-ice pass ended up on Adam Mascherin’s stick and into the net for his team leading sixth powerplay goal of the season.

“We didn’t start on time, and I also think the penalties killed us,” said Aidan Dudas following the game.

Nick Suzuki said before the game he wanted his team to get back to what they’re good at, scoring goals, but not by cheating in their own end.

“We score a lot of goals and we have a ton of skill on the team, but I think we have to focus on the defensive zone first,” said Suzuki. “When we get the puck back we can do a lot of good things.”

The Vegas Golden Knights first-round pick practiced what he preached scoring a shorthanded goal to tie the game early in the second period. Suzuki drove the puck wide and sent a backhand into the side of Chris McGonigle’s goal-pad, which was pressed up against the post. Suzuki then shovelled the rebound over his pad for the goal. His second short-handed tally of the season.

“I love playing in any situation. I’ve done that my whole life through minor hockey and if the coach trusts me to do everything like that I am definitely willing to do everything,” said Suzuki.

The Rangers would regain the lead at 10:46 following an Attack powerplay when Greg Meireles skated end-to-end before shooting a backhand from just inside the face-off-dot which squeaked through Daniels.

If the goal shook Daniels, he didn’t show it. The newcomer would make some desperation saves minutes later during an Attack penalty kill to keep the Rangers lead at one.

Then, the Attack started plaything their game.

“We need to stick to what we’re good at. Play real fast and play with a lot of skill,” said Suzuki.

Aidan Dudas started flying around the Rangers zone setting up Ethan Szypula with a wide open net, but a deflected puck spoiled the chance. Dudas was on the puck again shortly, but this time was sent head-over-heels caught with his head down by the Rangers Mike Petizian at the blue line - a hit so hard his helmet popped off. Dudas took the wallop and made the play. The puck ended up on the stick of Chase Campbell who sent in front of the net to a wide-open Maksim Sushko. The Belarusian faked forehand before dragging the puck to his backhand around McGonigle and into the open net.

“A lot of people think that I’m small so I won’t go in the corners,” said Dudas following the game. “But I really pride my game on hard work and going to the dirty areas and tonight kind of showed that.”

The Attack’s Sean Durzi would break the tie less than two minutes later when the fleet-footed defenceman barrelled into the zone and cut under Kitchener’s Giovanni Vallati before sending a backhand shot into the net.

Owen Sound took their first lead of the game, 3-2, and the Rangers pulled goalie Chris McGonigle in favour of Luke Richardson.

Dudas was at it again at the start of the third as the 17-year-old Parry Sound native’s shot found its way through Richardson and onto the stick of teammate Chase Campbell. The puck was in the net before Richardson figured out he didn’t have it and the Attack went up 4-2.

But habits die hard. As the Attack were feeding off the momentum Sushko’s interference penalty put the Rangers on the powerplay and Mascherin made no mistake with the extra space scoring on a carbon copy of his first period goal.

A fifth goal for the Attack, and third point for Aidan Dudas, was taken away when a reviewed offside call revealed Durzi failed to keep the puck in on the powerplay.

It turns out, the fifth goal would have been a difference maker as the Rangers went on to show they have some skill as well.

Rickard Hugg tied the game up minutes later on a snapshot from the middle of the ice after a period of sustained pressure for the Rangers. The goal would be reviewed on another offside challenge, but this time the puck was deemed to have stayed inside the blue paint.

Minutes later, Durzi got caught stepping up on the play. The puck got behind Durzi and on Sherwood’s stick who scored his tenth of the season giving the Rangers the lead again, a lead they wouldn’t relinquish.

The Rangers three goals on six third-period shots iced the game. Owen Sound has yet to win in this tough stretch of six-straight division games.

“I think it’s the little things that eat away at your game,” said Letang “You don’t tie the stick up in front of the net, or you take a bad penalty . . . we never have the ice tilted in our favour because we’re not always ready to compete.”

Daniels stopped 20 of 25 shots while McGonigle got in front of 11 of the Attack’s 14 shots before Richardson backstopped the Attack’s late-game onslaught saving 17 of 18 shots.

Owen Sound now travels to Kitchener Friday for the back-half of the home-and-home series against the Rangers. Game time at the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium is 7:30 p.m.

“The nice thing is we get to go right back at them,” said Letang.
Digger
Digger

Postby CHL Watcher on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:10 am

I don't think that "going right back at them" is going to be fun. But I'll give him an 'A' for effort.

So....

I don't know what to say....but...

Obviously, they need a goaltender. Obviously they aren't willing to get one at the going rate.

This doesn't bode well.
CHL Watcher

Postby attackisback on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:41 am

cameron and roberts out last night... hmmmmm
attackisback

Postby stevey on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:32 am

I'm sorry to say this but unless we have a top notch goalie it won't be the answer. We ran out of gas again we have 5-6 guy's in shape 3 of them play on the same line they ran out of gas and couldn't catch up with the puck late in the game and not to beat a dead horse but stay out of the( insert foul language here) penalty box.
stevey

Next

Return to Electric Ice Forum