Taken from HF board.

A forum for all fans of the Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Digger, waudby

Taken from HF board.

Postby cooter on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:51 pm

as a fan watching coach Gill I've remembered one thing a Frontenacs fan told me at the start of the year.

Gill is a good coach but needs to have the team on the same page which yes I know is pretty topical point that all coaches say when coming into a new club but you have to look past the point and see what he's actually saying.

Which is clearly pointed out in how he runs the lines he lives and dies by his 1st line in games if the first line is intact then the team complements every other line as a complete group. However if you change that first line around then the whole house of cards so to speak falls apart quiet easily.

This year has shown it on 3 occasions this far when Gadjovich was out with injury the team took a step back, when Hancock got hurt the team took a step back and when Suzuki was away for personal reasons the team took a step back.

Bringing me to my point Gill relies heavily on the top line and when it's not there the team becomes a house of cards when it changes.

When you need a goal in the 3rd period your top line is too tired from being over worked.
There is never a right way to do the wrong thing.
cooter

Re: Taken from HF board.

Postby attackisback on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:00 am

wouldnt you rely on the top line too? Who on the 2nd 3rd or 4th lines whatever they may shape up to be has stepped up and been a consistent secondary scorer? Dudas i would consider should be on the top line every night by the way hes played hes the only other player outside suzuki and gad that is putting up points up front regularly.
attackisback

Postby CHL Watcher on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:47 am

Dudas, Sushko

Dudas is obvious.

Sushko is on pace for 30 goals or thereabouts. He may not be as dynamic as some of the others, but....we certainly can't ask for too much more from an 18 year old.

The rest of the guys seem to have stalled out. I don't know what that is caused by.....but there's been no progress or development there......I'd say it's been the opposite.

They need better goaltending.....before they need a new coach....but I'm thinking that it may turn out that they actually need both. I can smell a lot of top 5 picks coming in the next few years.
CHL Watcher

Postby hockeyfan99 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:07 am

It's Junior Hockey, all teams rely on their top guns to play even-strength, PP and to kill penalties. That isn't new. The teams that take the next step are when their secondary players also produce to help build on what the top players do. The Attack are not getting production from their secondary players. Plain and simple.

If they get good goaltending and production from the depth, that's where success comes.
hockeyfan99

Return to Electric Ice Forum