Please, no Pezzetta

A forum for all fans of the Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Digger, waudby

Please, no Pezzetta

Postby CHL Watcher on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:00 pm

I don't do the HF boards but I do read them.

Sudbury fans seem to think the Attack don't have enough 'grit' (penalty magnets). They do.......and plenty of them. No thank you.

BTW. Good job Mr. Groulx. Your best game yet. That's how you go about looking valuable.

You can't do squat while sitting in the box. But the other team can laugh at you for being there.
CHL Watcher

Re: Please, no Pezzetta

Postby attackisback on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:17 am

attack need a guy who can be physical and take the odd penalty. jacob friend is nothing like he was last 2 years now he has a letter. misses hits, never fights, owen sound isnt as tough to play against anymore as they have been. Groulx brings some of that back and will get penalties for it
attackisback

Postby Pitou on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:31 am

attackisback wrote:attack need a guy who can be physical and take the odd penalty. jacob friend is nothing like he was last 2 years now he has a letter. misses hits, never fights, owen sound isnt as tough to play against anymore as they have been. Groulx brings some of that back and will get penalties for it

He does bring some of that, but many of his penalties are not of the "gritty" type that makes the team tougher to play against. Just poor decisions.

It's not tougher to play against a team when you're on the power play a half dozen times a game. He also lacks the fear of his mere presence keeping players looking over their shoulder. With gritty penalties, timing and circumstance is everything. Not sure that aspect has been mastered.
Pitou

Postby stevey on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:42 am

I think Jacob is being asked to do to much and his play is suffering I think the pressure of the "C" is to much.The league has looked after the fighting part with the 3 fight rule you have to pick your spots carefully now. I don't know if Pezzeta would come here after his brothers experience.
stevey

Postby CHL Watcher on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:32 pm

He was just as gritty and in your face as ever, his hustle was as good as ever, and he went at the net just like he always does, but he kept a line that he didn't cross. That's the key. I noticed him double take and skate away a couple of times when he may not have done so on another occasion. The end result was that he made a definite positive difference.

Penalties prove nothing if they hurt your team.

Look at this team. It needs no extra hurt. It needs people pulling together.
CHL Watcher

Postby attackisback on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:07 am

Post by CHL Watcher on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:32 pm

He was just as gritty and in your face as ever, his hustle was as good as ever, and he went at the net just like he always does, but he kept a line that he didn't cross. That's the key. I noticed him double take and skate away a couple of times when he may not have done so on another occasion. The end result was that he made a definite positive difference.

who?
attackisback

Postby stevey on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:56 am

CHL Watcher wrote:He was just as gritty and in your face as ever, his hustle was as good as ever, and he went at the net just like he always does, but he kept a line that he didn't cross. That's the key. I noticed him double take and skate away a couple of times when he may not have done so on another occasion. The end result was that he made a definite positive difference.

I noticed those little looks also and was glad to see him skate away. hopefully he saw that he can play physical have a positive impact but stay out of the box.
stevey

Return to Electric Ice Forum