I guess I have to put up with it

A forum for all fans of the Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Digger, waudby

I guess I have to put up with it

Postby CHL Watcher on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:14 am

BrunoDaBear you are a very big fibber. Also known as a pant load.

I spent that entire season raving about the trades made and telling EVERYONE who would listen that Mississauga was going down because ....the East was weak. I took a TON of heat for it on the boards.

Stothers yes....and that other fellow who liked to blame his players for everything. Reeds occasionally. But anyone who says I wanted them to take a run the next year is lying their face off.

I guess you don't remember much. How about the "happy dance"?

The year they traded Blandisi to take a run deserved every bad comment I made. A total bummer. The year he traded the top scorer for an extra London OA.....you betcha.

2011? What a goof you are.....lying punk.

...and in response to the old....the numbers lie post from the other guy. Well let me explain. They stopped scoring 9 or 12 goals at random. Better get that straightened out. :lol:

Two teams have scored more goals. Three times they've been outshot....and that perimeter shot garbage is just that....garbage. They're been buzzing some well tended nets regularly. The league is a 1-6 goal a game league. You have to win the league with a 4-5 goal per game average. Show me how many teams have scored more than that in the last 20 years.

a .900 save percentage would put the Attack where they should be. Secondary scoring is not the problem on a team that still scores as much as anyone unless they're playing anyone.....if you get my drift. As a matter of fact my first vitriolic rant was after the 12-6 win. Secondary scoring? In the 1980s QMHJL perhaps....but not this time.

Secondary scoring has dried up a bit, but the team has SIX players in the 30-50 goal a season range. Without a goaltender who can consistently stop the puck they will need at least 9 or 10 of them.

Or they could get a goaltender. Every back-up in the league has better numbers.

smh
CHL Watcher

Re: I guess I have to put up with it

Postby cubby01 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:48 am

Hey, we got a W last night!! Despite sketchy goaltending. Is the 15 game streak deal back on?
cubby01

Postby CHL Watcher on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:06 pm

Yes.

I was on the verge of posting about that offer of 15 losses. Unfortunately...

Now it's only 15 games more for a record. Things are looking up.

I think this team is loaded with talent and have not written them off one bit. Not kidding. All they need is an experienced goaltender and they're off to the races with NOBODY wanting them in the first round....guaranteed.
CHL Watcher

Postby stevey on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:38 pm

You are right Watcher any other issues,I think I said this before would not be an issue if we had slightly above average .900 sv % goaltending. On that note our discipline the last few games has been better. Great job by the team on that. I also think Guzda is improving and am in no way critisizing him a 16 yr old should not have to carry the load in what really is a semi pro league.
stevey

Postby Digger on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:20 pm

CHL Watcher wrote:BrunoDaBear you are a very big fibber. Also known as a pant load.

I spent that entire season raving about the trades made and telling EVERYONE who would listen that Mississauga was going down because ....the East was weak. I took a TON of heat for it on the boards.

Stothers yes....and that other fellow who liked to blame his players for everything. Reeds occasionally. But anyone who says I wanted them to take a run the next year is lying their face off.

I guess you don't remember much. How about the "happy dance"?

The year they traded Blandisi to take a run deserved every bad comment I made. A total bummer. The year he traded the top scorer for an extra London OA.....you betcha.

2011? What a goof you are.....lying punk.

...and in response to the old....the numbers lie post from the other guy. Well let me explain. They stopped scoring 9 or 12 goals at random. Better get that straightened out. :lol:

Two teams have scored more goals. Three times they've been outshot....and that perimeter shot garbage is just that....garbage. They're been buzzing some well tended nets regularly. The league is a 1-6 goal a game league. You have to win the league with a 4-5 goal per game average. Show me how many teams have scored more than that in the last 20 years.

a .900 save percentage would put the Attack where they should be. Secondary scoring is not the problem on a team that still scores as much as anyone unless they're playing anyone.....if you get my drift. As a matter of fact my first vitriolic rant was after the 12-6 win. Secondary scoring? In the 1980s QMHJL perhaps....but not this time.

Secondary scoring has dried up a bit, but the team has SIX players in the 30-50 goal a season range. Without a goaltender who can consistently stop the puck they will need at least 9 or 10 of them.

Or they could get a goaltender. Every back-up in the league has better numbers.

smh

Is there something I am missing here?
Digger
Digger

Postby CHL Watcher on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:19 pm

Yes
CHL Watcher

Postby attackisback on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:39 am

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/o ... 11/page-31

BrunoDaBear
BrunoDaBear

Remember back in January 2011 when CHLwatcher went on his rant about how coach Reeds was garbage and should be fired. Saying that the team should trade Joey and Wilson and load up for 2012. Also in that rant he said that if the attack somehow turn the ship around, he'd never post on electric ice again. Well, the attack won it all and should've won the Mem Cup. Take what CHLwatcher says with a grain of salt.
BrunoDaBear, Saturday at 11:16 AM 756
attackisback

Postby Digger on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:19 pm

Really it was 2011 who the frig cares ??
Digger
Digger

Postby Annan_Man on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:24 pm

Posting on one board about a post on another board... Really.
Annan_Man

Postby CHL Watcher on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:28 pm

Yes.

Really.

I care. I don't expect anyone else does....

...but the electrons were free.

It was just a little case of dealing with a big fat lie in the nicest way I could imagine.
CHL Watcher

Postby Annan_Man on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:42 pm

You know what else is free. Joining HF boards and having a direct dialog...
Annan_Man

Postby CHL Watcher on Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:30 pm

I know, eh?

But I don't feel like it.

Bruno will be skulking around here somewhere....and that's good enough for me.

Bruno is the intended recipient. Nobody else needs to worry about it.

Not bothering with this thread is easy enough to do for everyone else.

I'm sorry if I irked anyone other than Bruno....but he told a giant fib....and I put my response right where he could see it.

Cheers.
CHL Watcher

Return to Electric Ice Forum