Is it the year to go for it?

A forum for all fans of the Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Digger, waudby

Re: Is it the year to go for it?

Postby CHL Watcher on Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Digger.....that's what I'm saying.

Trading assets away means a very short playoff....probably four games.....two at home...depending on the scale of trading....and is unlikely to make any difference whatsoever to next season.

Picking up an OA and an import (if possible) and staying the course for the return of injured players probably means a better playoff run at the very least..and a great one if the level of acquisitions is aggressive.....and is also unlikely to make any difference whatsoever to next season.

The Attack will be a threat even without trading......but only if they have goaltending of an average league level....which they have not had. They just won't win it all.

This situation is a jigsaw puzzle with 9 missing pieces. Can you see what it looks like with them all in place?

My thought is that I don't want a lot of trading done....in either direction. I just doubt if either will pay for the hurt caused. I would probably pick up McKenzie, but not for the price suggested.
CHL Watcher

Postby cubby01 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:00 pm

I kind of agree that maybe we need to see this through. Add an OA for cheap, hope everyone gets healthy and let's see what this group + Ollie can do.
Hopefully Gill can challenge the players to step up and be the team that we all expected. Gadjovich and Sushko should come back with a ton of confidence, maybe that will rub off on the others.
cubby01

Postby cubby01 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:04 pm

Changed my mind after tonight. This group does not have it.
cubby01

Postby attackisback on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:56 pm

With this group playing like this we would be lucky to get 4 playoff games. Flint only a few points back now
attackisback

Postby CHL Watcher on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:42 pm

attackisback wrote:With this group playing like this we would be lucky to get 4 playoff games. Flint only a few points back now

I know. It's incredible, really.

Way too much talent on board for this kind of showing.
CHL Watcher

Postby Kadri_Leafs1990 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:59 am

CHL Watcher wrote:
attackisback wrote:With this group playing like this we would be lucky to get 4 playoff games. Flint only a few points back now

I know. It's incredible, really.

Way too much talent on board for this kind of showing.

It really is. People are quick to point out things like not having Hancock and Roberts in the line up but this streak of just terrible hockey started on November 11th or 12th.

This has been building for a while.

I wouldn't want to risk it this year.

I'd look at selling.

If you don't sell and we finish 8th, we get Soo. Get our butts handed to us and then lose valuable trading assets like Gadj, and maybe to some teams Friend.

I can't see this improving any time soon. To me this issue is deeper then the roster. I think this starts with the head coach but thats just my opinion.
Kadri_Leafs1990

Postby PensFan101 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:29 pm

I'm really glad this thread was able to generate some discussion, even if it came at a time when this team looks to be checked out.

I have a feeling we will add an OA, not give up too much, and stand pat, letting Gadjovich play out the skid and take our chances. Feels foolish and shortsighted, but at least there's a bit of hope that a healthy roster could make some noise.
PensFan101

Previous

Return to Electric Ice Forum