What to do!

A forum for all fans of the Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Digger, waudby

What to do!

Postby cooter on Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:25 am

Promote the coach to assistant GM, move assistant coach to head coach and sell off your most marketable assets. Stockpile for next year.
There is never a right way to do the wrong thing.
cooter

Re: What to do!

Postby stevey on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:09 am

What do you consider marketable assets? Do you trade Suzuki ? My thought is that would have to be a huge trade as he is back next year IMHO. I think the only 2 you would get much for are Friend and Gadjo with the latter bringing ahuge return. That will make the rest of this year extremley painful
stevey

Postby hockeyhockeyhockey on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:27 am

Assuming this season is lost, base on a large sample size, you've got to a decide who goes forward with the team.

Let's decide the team is being built around Dudas and Guzda.

You need to build a core who will be here in two years.

Beamish, Chibrikov, Lyle. Struthers, Roberts, Groulx, Moro, Russell, Doherty.

A top priority is another starting goalie. Never again should the team fall into this predicament.

Everyone else should be available.
your Owen Sound Attack...

2011 OHL Champions
2011 Western Conference Champions
2011 Mid-West Division Regular Season Champions
2011 OHL Memorial Cup Participant
hockeyhockeyhockey

Postby stevey on Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:45 pm

The tricky part is how many of the other guy's go ? How ugly are you prepared to let the rest ofthis season and next get ? I guess it depends on what other GM's are offering who goes. I believe Gadjo Suzuki and Friend and maybe Hancock would bring enough return to let them go. I sure am glad DD is the one making these decisions.
stevey

Postby Digger on Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:09 pm

I think the Attack are going to be better next year so be careful with what is traded if that is the decision Dale makes this year.

Build next years team around Suzuki and Dudas.
Digger
Digger

Postby kjh on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:37 pm

Your GM isn't alone in facing this dilemma. The Knights are also sitting right on the fence this season, unsure of whether to buy or sell. Just hypothetically, imagine if the Knights let it be known that they'd be willing to trade Cliff Pu, and Joseph Raynmakers (sp?) would Attack fans view that possible bundle as being attractive enough to make an offer ? Would you feel that either player, or both, would fill a couple of holes on your present roster ? You'd be getting a bona-fide OHL calibre goaltender, along with a top 6 centre capable of not only scoring & playmaking, but has one of the better face-off percentages.

Your thoughts ?
Because I don't agree with your point, doesn't mean that I "don't get it". The possibility exists that I get it.....but still don't agree.
kjh

Postby attackisback on Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:19 pm

Wors around town is raymaakers wouldn’t accept a trade to Owen Sound at the first of the year
attackisback

Return to Electric Ice Forum