Games 36-38/68 Jan 5,6,7, 2017 (SPORTSNET GAME SATURDAY)

A forum for all fans of the Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Digger, waudby

Re: Games 36-38/68 Jan 5,6,7, 2017 (SPORTSNET GAME SATURDAY)

Postby Noofgoof on Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:47 am

Ahhh and life is suddenly good being an Attack fan again.. sure is nice to win.. nonetheless twice in a row.. next weekend we should be able to scoop atleast 2 more I would expect and then hopefully maybe Hancock and Ollie can make the return the following week.. hate to say I told you so but I knew those lowsy streaks wouldnt last much longer.. and by saying that by no means are we outa the woods but the team seems to be trending in the right direction for now. Lets hope it continues maybe we can pull an upset and beat the sault next weekend.. Id even be ok with letting the trap lul us to sleep in north bay if we can scare the sault a bit next weekend by beating them.
Noofgoof

Postby CHL Watcher on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:57 pm

SSM

went and got Raddysh and Sambrook to add to their stack.

Logic says no way.....but we can always dream.

They have gone the extra mile to get this done.

The Attack have not.
CHL Watcher

Postby Pitou on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:45 pm

Wow! All you can do is hope they upset the chemistry! ; )
Pitou

Postby attackisback on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:47 pm

Ihttp://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/2018/ ... res-return

There is no timeline for Olivier Lafreniere retuning from a groin injury, according to the team.

The Owen Sound Attack goaltender was 31 seconds away from celebrating his first win as a member of the team and first shutout of his Ontario Hockey League career when he was helped off the ice on Saturday during a 7-0 win over the Kitchener Rangers.

“It’s not career ending,” said Dale DeGray, the Attack’s general manager. “We’re trying to assess him right now. I don’t think it’s nearly as severe as maybe even he thought it was, originally . . . is it two days, two weeks, is it two months? I don’t believe for a second it’s career ending or even season ending.”

For now, the team plans to move forward with 16-year-old rookie goaltender Mack Guzda and emergency call-up Riley Daniels from the Kitchener Dutchmen.

Daniels played four games for the Attack following the departure of Zach Bowman and preceding the Attack’s trade with the Ottawa 67’s netting the team Lafreniere in exchange for an eighth-round pick in 2019 and a conditional third-round selection in 2021 - activated if Lafreniere plays as an over-ager.

However, with the trade deadline coming Wednesday at noon, DeGray has time to bring in some help at the position if deemed necessary by the team.

“Nobody wants to see that, especially when he was playing so well,” said DeGray of the injury. “I’m not a knee-jerk guy, quite honestly, it would have to be something better than what we have and I don’t believe there’s anything available out there that would make sense for us to do.”

DeGray said his is “content” with the three over-age slots on the team being filled with newly acquired Brett McKenzie and Attack veterans Ethan Szypula and Jacob Friend.

Adding to the context of any potential move is the fact the team has used 29 of a possible 30 player cards on the season.

“It makes it even more of a concern figuring out is that the route you want to go, or what do you want to do?” DeGray said. “There’s no question it certainly puts a different thought process in my head.”

DeGray also confirmed 18-year-old winger Zachary Roberts will undergo shoulder surgery and miss the rest of the season.

Roberts had scored three goals and five assists with the Attack in 23 games this season.

Chase Campbell, who has missed time recently with an injury, is “day-to-day or week-to-week” according to DeGray.

Kevin Hancock, who was scoring at over a point-per-game clip before his hand injury, is expected to be back in the lineup in the coming weeks.

“I’m comfortable with the group,” said DeGray. “The only thing I’m not comfortable with is being in eighth place. I can’t imagine, if there’s anyone in the dressing room that is comfortable with where we’re at in eighth place they should have let me known so I could have moved them along.”

The Attack have won two straight games now after dropping 11 of 12 through December and early January.

“Due to some unforeseen circumstances we’re not where we think we should be,” said DeGray. “So, now it’s up to us, and only we can do it, get back to where we should be. If things go the right direction come playoff time, let’s see where it all falls out.”

gcowan@postmedia.com

@GregCowanST
attackisback

Previous

Return to Electric Ice Forum