Enough Already!!!

A forum for all fans of the Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Digger, waudby

Enough Already!!!

Postby hllywd99 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:40 pm

The time has come to call a spade a spade.

Dale DeGray has to go and take your choice for coach with you.

WTH did you make trades at the deadline for?

The goaltending situation was exposed in the first period of the first game yet you kept your head in the sand.

Thanks for your time here,but you just turned a contender into a laughing stock.
........."FRACKEN A BABY! FRACKEN A!".............

......Andrew Shaw @ 11:09 pm 06/24/2013.......

.....TD Gardens in Boston, Mass.....
hllywd99

Re: Enough Already!!!

Postby Pitou on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:48 pm

The challenge is the ownership group are not hockey people. DD can spin his way with words like he tried to do in the news article regarding the trade deadline. It was just excuses. Yes I agree with his statement, you don 't build a team in 7 days. What did you do in the other 358 days regarding goaltending?
Pitou

Postby hockeyhockeyhockey on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:54 pm

Pitou wrote:The challenge is the ownership group are not hockey people. DD can spin his way with words like he tried to do in the news article regarding the trade deadline. It was just excuses. Yes I agree with his statement, you don 't build a team in 7 days. What did you do in the other 358 days regarding goaltending?

Disagree about hockey people . Mcdirmid long time NhLer, Peter, Bob play hockey. They know enough.

How ling getting embarrassed, and listening to locals complain?
your Owen Sound Attack...

2011 OHL Champions
2011 Western Conference Champions
2011 Mid-West Division Regular Season Champions
2011 OHL Memorial Cup Participant
hockeyhockeyhockey

Postby Pitou on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:07 pm

My bad, you're right. I wasn't even thinking about them.
Pitou

Postby CHL Watcher on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:10 pm

Heck....we've seen them get behind the bench themselves.

But none of it is going to make a difference at this point and the financial hit from this season is going to sting.

Sucked the momentum right out of the bank account.

Laughing stock.
CHL Watcher

Postby PensFan101 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:29 pm

History has taught me to usually be patient with these things, but wow, that's a real low point. This team is cooked.

From such a high last season to such a low. This one is one management and the coaching staff.

I hope ownership has the wherewithal to make the right choices and hold the right people accountable. Time for a new managerial era in Owen Sound.
PensFan101

Postby attackisback on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:53 pm

This thread is hilarious
attackisback

Postby cubby01 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:20 pm

The GMs job is over for the year, so no rush to do anything there. Roster is also set, so what is the only thing that can change right now in order to salvage the season? Yup, behind the bench. Let's see what Letang can do for the last half.
cubby01

Postby cooter on Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:06 pm

It is like DD has other things on his mind, maybe he is leaving and is waiting out his time.
The other thing that might be affecting the team is the loss of one of the ownership group, money might be tighter.
Just throwing out some thoughts here because the team is not the same as last year.
There is never a right way to do the wrong thing.
cooter

Postby CHL Watcher on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:38 am

It doesn't explain the trades he made. It might explain the lack of effort in finding a goaltender, but wouldn't explain the effort in flipping one or in making the other deals without one.

Nope. He may be moving on, but he was focused....but on the wrong things. Harry Neal is bang on. This place being a "goalie factory" is what has always brought the Platers/Attack respectability. You can never be counted out of a game when you're goaltending is strong.

Vella? Propp? Not willing to sacrifice picks or players for a goalie but sacrificing plenty of them for players. DD never heard of Harry Neal by the looks of it.
CHL Watcher

Postby CHL Watcher on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:49 am

cubby01 wrote:The GMs job is over for the year, so no rush to do anything there. Roster is also set, so what is the only thing that can change right now in order to salvage the season? Yup, behind the bench. Let's see what Letang can do for the last half.

I don't know....

I'm not sure.

In the Mike Futa/Mike Stothers days we had a situation where one guy was loading the team with stars....searching far and wide and the other was not getting it done. I was not a fan of the game he coached or the way he did it. He always seemed like he was about to blow up.

In this case I see a coach who talks to the kids and works with them, doesn't brow beat them in the press and a GM who is stripping assets and failed to provide a goaltender for this kind of team (a good experienced one). That lack of goaltending will demoralize the troops....and the goalies...and when you think about it the boys worked their butts off for no reason on many a night. I'm not sure it was the coach who lost them.

It also costs money to make a move like that and likely wouldn't do much for the standings (no starting goalie). There will be a noticeable financial hit from this coming at them even if they do nothing. If I was them I would want to stop the bleeding, but not by adding a wound.

This is why I'm not sure.
CHL Watcher

Postby Pitou on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:24 am

The way human nature tends to be, is if you're anticipating poor wine and you get poor wine, you tend to be able to tolerate it. But if you're expecting fine wine and get poor wine, you tend to spit it out.

If the team decided to be sellers, I would have been more able to tolerate the wine. As things played out, I don't like the taste.
Pitou

Return to Electric Ice Forum