attack rap

A forum for all fans of the Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Digger, waudby

attack rap

Postby Digger on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:19 pm

Apparently Dale Degray is on Attack Rap tonight on Rogers if anyone has any questions they would like to ask him.
Digger
Digger

Re: attack rap

Postby attackisback on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:30 pm

I hope the people crying for him to be fired call in but I’m sure they won’t
attackisback

Postby CHL Watcher on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:39 am

You can't be the only one calling in attackisback. Someone else is bound to call.

What will you ask him about when you call?
CHL Watcher

Postby attackisback on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:08 am

sorry dont have the time on my hands to be able to call in. but im sure you were able to call in multiple times using various different sounding voices to ask for gill to be fired and hopefully formally ask to submit your own resume for both GM and coach.
attackisback

Postby Kadri_Leafs1990 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:07 pm

attackisback wrote:I hope the people crying for him to be fired call in but I’m sure they won’t

Okay and what do you think is going to happen if someone on these boards were to call in and state there case for Todd Gill or Dale DeGray to be fired?

You think Dale DeGray is just going to sit there with a bit of a pause and be like, Wow you are correct we need to fire him this moment?

Nothings going to happen. Dale has to stick with his guy through thick and thin. GM"s dont just come out and say that they made a mistake.
Kadri_Leafs1990

Postby attackisback on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:56 pm

"Re: attack rap

Okay and what do you think is going to happen if someone on these boards were to call in and state there case for Todd Gill or Dale DeGray to be fired?

You think Dale DeGray is just going to sit there with a bit of a pause and be like, Wow you are correct we need to fire him this moment?

Nothings going to happen. Dale has to stick with his guy through thick and thin. GM"s dont just come out and say that they made a mistake."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hense the sarcasm.

Gill shouldnt be fired, and they wont fire him. Its more than just a coaching issue this year.
attackisback

Postby Kadri_Leafs1990 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:11 pm

attackisback wrote:"Re: attack rap

Nothings going to happen. Dale has to stick with his guy through thick and thin. GM"s dont just come out and say that they made a mistake."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hense the sarcasm.

Gill shouldnt be fired, and they wont fire him. Its more than just a coaching issue this year.

I think when you look at the underlining issues, that isn't on Todd Gill.

Goaltending, Injuries, Players missing to World Junior.

But other than Durzi, Dudas and Sushko

what players have taken steps forward this year and have developed?

I get that it takes time but almost every player in this line up (Injuries aside) has seemingly not taken a step forward.

Phillips, Zippy, Russell, friend has been lousy, still looks like the same player he was in Sept,

To me that's on TG.

While I have been on board with moving on from him, I also realize that it is fair to give the guy a fair chance with a healthy roster but I just still feel that he isn't the type of coach this team needs. He isn't nor will he ever be a good Junior coach.
Kadri_Leafs1990

Postby Pitou on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

attackisback wrote:sorry dont have the time on my hands to be able to call in. but im sure you were able to call in multiple times using various different sounding voices to ask for gill to be fired and hopefully formally ask to submit your own resume for both GM and coach.

Yet you found the time to come online and sarcastically snipe those who have an opinion that differs from yours. Yep, you're the epitome of "high road" yourself.

Some on here are drastically critical, some unconditionally supportive and a bunch in between. Welcome all. Just articulate the reasons for your differing opinions. We won't all agree or disagree, but that's okay. I think DD's handling of assets and his "on the fence" plan was terrible and detrimental to the success of the immediate future of this team. He served neither the best interest of his team this year or future. Pick a direction and go with it. His failure to land a goalie was immediately detrimental. Should it cost him his job? Maybe. Not my decision but I certainly don't need your approval to voice my assessment, especially short of any meaningful rebuttal one from you.

I dislike the argument or defense from people who don't agree with the critique of others by challenging them to apply for the job. It's a convenient fall back position that requires no thought. Myself (nor anyone else) need not aspire to be the President of the United States or even have the ability to do so, in order to know when Trump does or says something unbecoming of a President. Nor do I need to aspire to be a chef to know when my steak is overdone.

By your analogy we should all just shut up like lemmings unless we agree with what's happening or aspire to do it yourself. That's a submissive way to go through life. I'm sure you've never arm-chair criticized anyone's performance or called for their job... politician, judge, police, manager, CEO...without applying for that job yourself. Think hard now. You might find some hypocrisy in your logic.
Pitou

Postby CHL Watcher on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:52 pm

Nice one.

I hate to even follow that one.

But I thought I'd just throw out the fact that attackisback's comment doesn't follow the conversation.

I never said Gill should be fired. I said DD should be talked to and if he moved on it might be best. I'm not sure what I would ask him about that. It's not my call.

I don't need answers to why things were done the way they were done. I'm satisfied that it wasn't the best that could have been done.
CHL Watcher

Return to Electric Ice Forum