Erie back to back weekend

A forum for all fans of the Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Digger, waudby

Re: Erie back to back weekend

Postby os ex pat on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:50 am

CHL Watcher wrote:
That quick switch to red for the extra swag sales after the championship run topped up your closet was one of those bank account driven moments that just begs for the kick in the groin result that follows.

The logo and jersey redesign were planned ahead of the Championship run by at least a year, as per requirements of the league and Reebok/CCM.

I was one who really didn't like the redesign at first, but it has really grown on me. The black set is my favourite of the trio and yet it's the version I don't have in my closet, yet.
“Sports do not build character. They reveal it.”

~ Heywood Brown
os ex pat

Postby CHL Watcher on Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:15 pm

Well the timing worked out great, then.

attackisback

The Attack are black and always were. I'm not talking about third jerseys. I'm not talking about accent colours (like our own red and gold). I'm talking about the dominant colour on the jersey.

For example. London is green, not black (that's an accent colour).
Otters were blue and now are gold. Barrie is blue. North Bay Olive drab. Sudbury blue, Oshawa red, Frontenacs yellow, but heavy on the black, Hamilton black, but heavy on the yellow. I may be splitting hairs.....but let's just say the Attack were the blackest of black. :lol:

I always liked them and so did other fans from other cities. They still look the best out on the ice....or anywhere, for that matter. Reds are nice....but the blacks are better. At least they didn't kill them completely after the championship title.
CHL Watcher

Postby attackisback on Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:27 pm

“Attack are black and always were. I'm not talking about third jerseys. I'm not talking about accent colours (like our own red and gold). I'm talking about the dominant colour on the jersey”

Actually the attack are red they wore these jerseys wednesday Sunday. They have been red since 2011-2012.
Last edited by attackisback on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
attackisback

Postby CHL Watcher on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:52 am

attackisback wrote:“Attack are black and always were. I'm not talking about third jerseys. I'm not talking about accent colours (like our own red and gold). I'm talking about the dominant colour on the jersey”

Actually the attack are red they wore these jerseys Saturday and Sunday. They have been red since 2011-2012.

What are you on? They wore black on Saturday.

You are starting to sound like a radio 'viewer'.

...and no....the Attack are black. It's just that someone screwed up for a bit, but they'll get over it in time. The grass is not always greener elsewhere....unless you're talking about 'elsewhere' being London. An identity dies slowly. Keep trying. The championship blacks are still the best.

Anyway. I like 'em. I'll wear black and you wear red, okay? Sports psychology is so lost, as is all such hocus, pocus. Can I get a horoscope reading with that? Throw in a long term weather forecast and I'm in.
CHL Watcher

Previous

Return to Electric Ice Forum