2018 NHL Draft Rankings

A forum for all fans of the Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Digger, waudby

2018 NHL Draft Rankings

Postby attackisback on Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:54 pm

https://www.tsn.ca/2018-nhl-cs-mid-term ... a-1.975085

Sean Durzi #39

Brady Lyle #127

Aiden Dudas # 131

Connor Roberts (owen Sound Born) #150
attackisback

Re: 2018 NHL Draft Rankings

Postby CHL Watcher on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:58 pm

I think the Attack can take some of the credit for

#108 Matthew Struthers

.....who happens to be ranked just ahead of Brazeau and Burghardt, btw. That's a nice future.

As I said....there's your best young NHL prospect....right there.

Tough one.....all that time here and yet....he's going to be a Battalion legacy. Him and McKenzie, both.

Oh, well.
CHL Watcher

Postby hockeyhockeyhockey on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:03 pm

I believe a team is going to get a real steal if Dudas goes at 131.

He's a heck of a player now at 17.
your Owen Sound Attack...

2011 OHL Champions
2011 Western Conference Champions
2011 Mid-West Division Regular Season Champions
2011 OHL Memorial Cup Participant
hockeyhockeyhockey

Postby attackisback on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:36 pm

Mr Durzi will be 20 this October he’s a 1998 birthdate.

He was passed over in the draft last year. Hopefully this is his year
attackisback

Postby CHL Watcher on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:50 am

He deserves it.

Should have been drafted last time around. Couldn't believe the 'scouts' missed him at the time.

Hancock is another of those guys that will play pro at some level....and it's been obvious for a couple of years now. Unfortunately for him his numbers were thought to be inflated by Suzuki and Gadjovich....which has turned out to be exactly the wrong view. Then again....you have to actually pay attention to see it. Imagine the most under-rated player remaining so? Stupid, right?
CHL Watcher

Postby stevey on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:31 pm

CHL Watcher wrote:He deserves it.

Should have been drafted last time around. Couldn't believe the 'scouts' missed him at the time.

Hancock is another of those guys that will play pro at some level....and it's been obvious for a couple of years now. Unfortunately for him his numbers were thought to be inflated by Suzuki and Gadjovich....which has turned out to be exactly the wrong view. Then again....you have to actually pay attention to see it. Imagine the most under-rated player remaining so? Stupid, right?

I suppose that is why he is the MOST underrated player. Even when he makes his worth known he is still underreated. He will be a steal for someone.
stevey

Postby hockeyhockeyhockey on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:35 am

CHL Watcher wrote:He deserves it.

Anyone who thinks Hancock is riding anyone's coat-tails only needs to review the Attack since he has returned to the lineup.
Nick Suzuki's slump is over, getting , what, 8 pts in three games. I think Hanner with 7 or 8 pts, and the Attack with three wins. Kevin Hancock doesn't need to prove he's a catalyst on this team .Others just need to accept it.
your Owen Sound Attack...

2011 OHL Champions
2011 Western Conference Champions
2011 Mid-West Division Regular Season Champions
2011 OHL Memorial Cup Participant
hockeyhockeyhockey

Postby CHL Watcher on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:34 pm

Bingo

When I show disdain for 'scouts', as I often do....it's just because they regularly deserve it.

They often display a flock of turtles mentality ....very slow to adapt and almost always in unison. I wouldn't pay anything for that.

I know there are very good ones out there working hard to get things figured out. Good on them.
CHL Watcher

Return to Electric Ice Forum