What have you done for me lately?

A forum for all fans of the Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Digger, waudby

What have you done for me lately?

Postby CHL Watcher on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:59 pm

The Attack are playing 0.875 hockey over their last 8 games (7-1-0-0).

They've outscored their opponents 36-20 and held them to 1 goal in half of those games. 2.5 goals against average. 4.5 goals scored on average. +2 per game.

Wins against CHL Top Ten ranked teams on two of those occasions, outscoring them 8-4 and allowing 1 goal in half of them. 2 goals against average. 4 goals scored. +2 per game. (sound similar?)

It's a small sample set, but the opportunity to make it bigger starts tonight in Peterborough.
CHL Watcher

Re: What have you done for me lately?

Postby attackisback on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:09 pm

petes have lost 9 in a row. tonite could be the night a stinker happens and it all goes backwards. The petes will be ready to go.
attackisback

Postby CHL Watcher on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:23 pm

Very true. They will be ready.

The biggest issue for the Petes is defense. Hopefully the Attack go right at them right off the first puck drop.

Kingston is the elite team they'll face on this trip, but any OHL team can win on any given night.....particularly if they're due.
CHL Watcher

Postby stevey on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:41 pm

IMHO I think the character on this team has kicked in and now that they are healhty and have a Goalie that I feel is capable and has something to prove if they keep there focus should finish strong.Having said that hope they don't think about Kingston till tomorrow worry about the Pete's. A team that has lost 9 straight is dangerous DON'T TAKE THEM LIGHTLY!!!! Start the trip on the right foot and let's gain some ground this weekend.
stevey

Postby CHL Watcher on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:47 am

9-1 in their last ten.

Six in a row.

+18 over 10 games.

Wins over Hamilton (Top Ten ranked, broke their 3 game winning streak), Kitchener (Top Ten ranked, broke their 7 game winning streak), Kingston (broke their 6 game winning streak), and Barrie.

Ollie has won all of the last 6 games he's played in, and 7 of the last 8.
CHL Watcher

Return to Electric Ice Forum