VS London Oct 20 th

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

VS London Oct 20 th

Postby Kemosabe on Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:06 pm

Can't believe no comments on this game yet!

2:00 minutes to go in the 2nd period score 3 0 Rangers. End of period 3 to 2 o well still one period to go!
# Rangers will Raise the Shield

Newest Ranger inspiration
Kemosabe

Re: VS London Oct 20 th

Postby Number65 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:47 pm

I saw the third period only, after the wheels had fallen off.

The Rangers were on their heals for most of the period. It didn't help that they had a Knight player draped all over them every time they touched the puck (which seemed to escape the attention of the officials, with the exception of Jones' mugging of Blaisdell). On the other hand, they fell for every Knights' dive or snapped-back head (which you'd think they would know enough about to not be fooled). But, ultimately, this loss is on the Rangers, not the refs.
Number65

Postby Nelli27 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:31 pm

I mentioned on the Knights' board that this season seems rather strange. No powerhouses--lots of mediocre teams, and then when you look at the Eastern Conference, it doesn't even seem as though there's a team remotely interested in 'going for it' this year.
As an OHL fan, I'm disappointed that we've lost too much 'star power' this season to the NHL, e.g. Konecny, Chychrun, Tkachuk, Marner, Crouse, Sergachev, Strome, etc...Personally, I'm having a difficult time getting excited about this season.

As for last night's game, I hope that Cascagnette is o.k.
I think both goalies would like a couple of shots back.
Guest will develop into quite the player. How can he not? He comes from that hockey factory known as "London and area". :lol:
I'm sure you guys miss McInnis as much as we miss Dvorak, Marner and Tkachuk.
Bracco would put up huge numbers if you guys can pick up another good forward.
Mascherin has such a great shot--he's the Ranger that makes me most nervous.
Nelli27

Postby Overager on Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:48 pm

Many of you are probably not aware that London has a unique way of selecting the "three stars" at london home games.At each home game they designate three mothers from the London team and they are charged with selecting the "three stars of the game." At thursday's game the selectors were:
Mrs.Mete
Mrs. Piccinich
Mrs.Crawley
And they selected Mete,Piccinich and Brendon(sp.) Crawley

For tonight's game the designated mothers are:
Mrs.Jones
Mrs.Miletic
Mrs.Johnson
I don't know who the "stars" were because they like to keep the fans guessing but I'm sure that the mothers will give it a lot of thought. It certainly is a different way of picking the "stars of the game" but London likes to do everything with class.
Overager

Postby Nelli27 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:42 am

Overager wrote:Many of you are probably not aware that London has a unique way of selecting the "three stars" at london home games.At each home game they designate three mothers from the London team and they are charged with selecting the "three stars of the game." At thursday's game the selectors were:
Mrs.Mete
Mrs. Piccinich
Mrs.Crawley
And they selected Mete,Piccinich and Brendon(sp.) Crawley

For tonight's game the designated mothers are:
Mrs.Jones
Mrs.Miletic
Mrs.Johnson
I don't know who the "stars" were because they like to keep the fans guessing but I'm sure that the mothers will give it a lot of thought. It certainly is a different way of picking the "stars of the game" but London likes to do everything with class.

How can anyone NOT know with your constant reminders? Which makes me suspicious that there's not some other underlying motive for your incessant whining.
Yes, the 3-star selection in London is typically biased in favour of the home squad. With that admission, the question is: 'will you continue to offer your reminders, and if so, what does that say about your character?'
What's worse is that during each home game there's a "dance off" between the London mascot, Scorzy, and random fans (usually from the opposing team), and it too is rigged! Scorzy always wins.
I must say that anyone who would let either of these things bother him is someone who is likely a deeply troubled or disturbed individual. There are greater injustices in this world than the "mothers" who pick stars at a junior hockey game. Most people easily dismiss this for what it is, but not you, sir, you suffer from moral indignation over something that insignificant!
Ah, the world of the internet, where anyone can cower behind their computer screen and spew off anything they like. Well done. By the way, if you'd like to chat, I'm at all London home games, section 107, K 9.
Nelli27

Postby Overager on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:35 am

nellie- How would I ever guess that you are a London fan? How dare that anyone would question something done at the shrine of junior hockey ? Oh, I don't think that I am deranged but I might be.
Overager

Postby Overager on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:03 am

When I question the fact that ,at their home games, London usually selects only London players when selecting their three stars, London fans always say, "the three stars segment doesn't matter." If this is true, then why don't they award a star to a member of the visiting team ?
Overager

Postby imarriedawitch on Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:30 pm

Overager wrote:When I question the fact that ,at their home games, London usually selects only London players when selecting their three stars, London fans always say, "the three stars segment doesn't matter." If this is true, then why don't they award a star to a member of the visiting team ?

For the last time Overager, it's a promotion. Do you understand what a promotion is?

London Knights Retweeted
Coulter's Pharmacy ‏@CoultersRx · Oct 21
Knights Fans tweet @GoLondonKnights your section, row & seat number to be 1 of @CoultersRx 3 stars of the Knight! #ldnont

See ..... 3 stars of the Knight! Key word being Knight .... as in not Ranger.

Fans tweet their seat number during the game and for each Knight star a fan is selected and receives an autographed stick and their picture taken with the player. All sponsored by CoultersRx.

Question / Comments should be forwarded to Coulters and the Knights. I assure you nobody here can do anything. Your fixation on it is nothing but drivel to the members here.
imarriedawitch

Postby Overager on Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:26 pm

Youmean the Knights have to look like homers all over a tube of tooth paste ?
Overager

Postby Nelli27 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Overager wrote:Youmean the Knights have to look like homers all over a tube of tooth paste ?

Let's concede for the sake of argument that you're right, and London is biased in its three star selection.
Can you explain why you and no one else is morally indignant to our 3-star selection? Why does it get under your skin so much? What do you hope to accomplish by continuously bringing it to our attention?
We don't want you to appear on our message board to provide that reminder. Knowing that, if you did it again, it can only mean that you're doing it for no other reason except to troll.
We welcome your comments about the game on our board, just don't post for the sake of annoying people. You decide the type of poster you want to be, and I'll leave it at that. Do you want meaningful exchanges about the game or to be a prick? Your call--I'll respond accordingly.
Remember: Bud Gardens, section 107 K 9 (I don't cower anonymously behind a computer screen).
Nelli27

Postby Number65 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:05 pm

Number65

Postby Overager on Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:27 am

imarriedawitch- So I guess that it is not,repeat not, essential because of a promotion to only name London players in the three star segment, as you explained. It's simply a case that the selectors in London can't see anyone from the visiting team most of the time. Imagine, an historic occasion at the London Gardens (or whatever they call the place). A member of the visiting team named one of the three stars.Well, at least in a loss the Knights managed two of the three.
Overager

Return to RangersRush Interactive