Lacking Spirit

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Lacking Spirit

Postby Number65 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:16 pm

Does anyone else think that thought they could win this one without putting in an effort?

Also, has anyone seen a worse call this season than the one that called back the Mascherin PP goal?
Number65

Re: Lacking Spirit

Postby JEF on Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:37 pm

Completely agree on both counts.

This effort was completely lacking. Saginaw played the night before. At times they outplayed the Rangers. We were lucky to win this with the effort and number of mistakes made. The Rangers have benefitted from an easier schedule against lower teams. They should win these games. Beating teams like Erie, London, Windsor, Soo will be much tougher.

This team can be good. Today they showed they can be bad too. Having a healthy Luke Opilka will be a huge help, so would having Hora back.

Mascherin, Bracco and Kohn are a treat to watch. Adam's OT winner was one we'll see on highlight features for a while.
JEF

Postby memcup on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:59 am

An UGLY game won by a beautiful goal.

Some of the worst Sunday games over the past 10 years seem to come on the day following the "skate with the Ranger", or appearances at local grocery stores.
I'm not sure why, maybe the day off makes it tough to get the legs moving.

The refs certainly did their best to help make it an ugly game. I don't know how a player (Middleton) can break his stick over the boards at the bench after a goal and not get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

That's 2 incidental contacts this year :roll:
memcup

Postby Toadman on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:50 am

The officiating is abysmal with a dearth of notable non-calls, phantom calls, ego trips, etc already seen a few short weeks into the season at the Aud. I know it's a tough job but any improvement whatsoever would be welcome :roll: Maybe the officiating team could pick the 3 stars & ensure those selected take their bow since they're mandated impartial & on the ice right to the end (...probably still get 3 Knights everytime in London though!). :mrgreen:

Mascherin's OT winner was a beauty & easily among the best I've seen at The Aud over the years.
Toadman

Postby Overager on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:25 pm

Toadman- Posters on the London board can't decide whether they are obliged to select ONLY London players because it's a promotion or they can select a member of the visiting team when it's a close game. My guess is that TOTAL ARROGANCE will have them continue to select London players exclusively.
Overager

Postby Nelli27 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:55 am

Overager wrote:Toadman- Posters on the London board can't decide whether they are obliged to select ONLY London players because it's a promotion or they can select a member of the visiting team when it's a close game. My guess is that TOTAL ARROGANCE will have them continue to select London players exclusively.

You are correct it is certainly a biased 3-star selection in London. Do you think by announcing that after every London home game on the Knights' board that the situation will change? If not, answer this question: what is your purpose for trolling the Knights' board and re-hashing this topic?
Surely you realize that posters on the London board are NOT the 'mothers' who make those biased selections?
I'm just here to help you. You are admittedly deeply troubled, emotionally disturbed, distraught over this biased 3-star selection. Do you think counselling will help?
Let's cut to the chase. Will you respect my request not to invade the London board and make any further comments on the biased 3-star selection given that you've succeeded in bringing it to light, and the bias has been duly noted?
Where are your seats at the AUD? I'm at 107 K9 at the BUD.
Nelli27

Postby kitfan on Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:52 pm

Nelli27 wrote:
Overager wrote:Toadman- Posters on the London board can't decide whether they are obliged to select ONLY London players because it's a promotion or they can select a member of the visiting team when it's a close game. My guess is that TOTAL ARROGANCE will have them continue to select London players exclusively.

You are correct it is certainly a biased 3-star selection in London. Do you think by announcing that after every London home game on the Knights' board that the situation will change? If not, answer this question: what is your purpose for trolling the Knights' board and re-hashing this topic?
Surely you realize that posters on the London board are NOT the 'mothers' who make those biased selections?
I'm just here to help you. You are admittedly deeply troubled, emotionally disturbed, distraught over this biased 3-star selection. Do you think counselling will help?
Let's cut to the chase. Will you respect my request not to invade the London board and make any further comments on the biased 3-star selection given that you've succeeded in bringing it to light, and the bias has been duly noted?

Nelli27 well said. Overager get over it who cares who are the 3 stars in other buildings. Sure some place may be bias but so what that is there choice. I watch the games to the end and if I don't like the 3 star choice I just say oh well I know who played well and who didn't.

Nelli27 I believe this is part of the reason most Ranger fans don't post here anymore. I also believe people that have these useless opinions have never played the game to know things happen fast on the ice. I have asked Overager many times if he ever played but have never received a reply to that.

I enjoy watching CHL hockey and seeing how players progress and also enjoy reading constructive comments from fans around the league. Unlike some posters who care about 3 stars and attendence in other arenas. I don't care about that. The fun is to watch the players play the game no matter if it is a good game or bad. Sure everyone wants thier team to win but some are only happy if they are complaining.

I hope everyone enjoys this season from the first game to the last game and Overager get a life. BTW no need to reply to this post and you know who I mean
kitfan

Postby Overager on Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:05 pm

Nelli- I think I have shown the selections in London to be extremely biased so I might stop bringing it to the attention of the good fans in London. Who knows? I do hope that your psychiatric practiceis going well. I'll look into the question of whether or not I am disturbed,as you suggest. Am I interested in meeting you in person? I'm about as interested in meeting you as I would be in meeting your stats man or the ice maker at the London Gardens or whatever they call it now.Would I be afraid? Not on your life! Based on your posts you don't appear to be very interesting. Have a good night.
Overager

Postby Nelli27 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:48 pm

kitfan wrote:
Nelli27 wrote:

Nelli27 well said. Overager get over it who cares who are the 3 stars in other buildings. Sure some place may be bias but so what that is there choice. I watch the games to the end and if I don't like the 3 star choice I just say oh well I know who played well and who didn't.

Nelli27 I believe this is part of the reason most Ranger fans don't post here anymore. I also believe people that have these useless opinions have never played the game to know things happen fast on the ice. I have asked Overager many times if he ever played but have never received a reply to that.

I enjoy watching CHL hockey and seeing how players progress and also enjoy reading constructive comments from fans around the league. Unlike some posters who care about 3 stars and attendence in other arenas. I don't care about that. The fun is to watch the players play the game no matter if it is a good game or bad. Sure everyone wants thier team to win but some are only happy if they are complaining.

I hope everyone enjoys this season from the first game to the last game and Overager get a life. BTW no need to reply to this post and you know who I mean

First of all, my apologies to you Kitfan and (with one notable exception) the other Ranger faithful. Let me end this post by actually 'talking hockey'.
I mentioned on another board that it seems as though this season is rather unusual in the sense that the talent level in the Eastern Conference is extremely watered down. All teams in that conference are in the "poor to mediocre" category while the Western Conference has NO team that is dominant. And, strangely, it doesn't appear that any of those teams are making a strong push to win.
Erie, London, Kitchener, Windsor, and the Soo are all very close in talent. It will be interesting to see the trades that are made later in the season.
As a fan of the O, I'd like to see for selfish reasons players return from the NHL or AHL. It would be more exciting if we could watch:
Strome, Konecny, Tkachuk, Chychrun, Hora, etc... Some of those players have clearly earned their spot at the next level, but I'm only thinking selfishly.
Nelli27

Postby Nelli27 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:59 pm

Overager wrote:Nelli- I think I have shown the selections in London to be extremely biased so I might stop bringing it to the attention of the good fans in London. Who knows? I do hope that your psychiatric practiceis going well. I'll look into the question of whether or not I am disturbed,as you suggest. Am I interested in meeting you in person? I'm about as interested in meeting you as I would be in meeting your stats man or the ice maker at the London Gardens or whatever they call it now.Would I be afraid? Not on your life! Based on your posts you don't appear to be very interesting. Have a good night.

We don't have to meet in person, my friend. You should know, however, that our zamboni driver at the Bud Gardens is purported to be an interesting fellow--he even looks Phil Kessel--it might be worth the trip to say hello to him.
I simply believe in accountability for what I post so I provide my location (107 K9). I don't fault you for taking the cowardly approach which is to hide behind your computer screen under the cloak of anonymity, and annoy people--that's simply who you are.
When all is said and done, only one of us, is prepared to take accountability for our posts---and it's not you! Keep hiding behind that computer screen.

Ranger fans, enjoy the season...it looks like you've iced another entertaining team.
Nelli27

Postby Overager on Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:34 pm

Nelli- You shouldn't dislike me simply because I exposed the three star selectors in London for being grossly unfair or biased in their selections. You should thank me for trying to maintain the integrity of the game. Some of the media in Kitchener have also commented on the blatant bias toward London players in their selections. I promise that I won't bring it up again even though I doubt that things will change in London. London fans,enjoy the season. It looks like you have another entertaining team. Somehow that sounds insincere and a bit phony.
Overager

Postby Deener on Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:25 am

He doesn't like you. I don't like you either.

It has nothing to do with you "exposing" anything. NOONE cares about the three stars of the game.

OR for that matter if Guelph charges more for Kitchener games, OR that the Arena in Sarnia announces seat's sold rather than actual attendance, or that Owen Sound has lousy parking, or that you find the seats uncomfortable in Windsor, or that you don't like the popcorn in Hamilton because it's too salty.

I honestly thought it was a low comment when Nelli called you mentally unstable- But I guess if you constantly trash other team's fan bases, including your own will some will certainly take exception to it.

It seems no-one can stop you from posting your drivel on this site- but it appears more and more are choosing to not read it or ignore it completely.

I look forward to never reading your stupidity again.
Deener

Postby Overager on Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:50 pm

Deener- Couldn't resist asking this one question about your post. If,indeed, no one cares about the three star selections, then why have them? And, if they are so unimportant, why are the people who select the three stars at London home games so obsessed with only selecting London players?
Overager

Postby Otto on Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:30 pm

Overager wrote:Deener- Couldn't resist asking this one question about your post. If,indeed, no one cares about the three star selections, then why have them? And, if they are so unimportant, why are the people who select the three stars at London home games so obsessed with only selecting London players?

How many times do you need to be told the the three stars is nothing but a revenue stream? The very name "Three Stars" was derived from Esso's Three-Star gasoline
Having the balls to say what you think isn't being a man - Being a man is having the balls to admit when you're wrong

Trusted by Manny
Otto

Postby Overager on Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:39 am

Otto- There is no revenue derived from the 3 star segment. In fact, the Rangers pay for whatever is given to the selected players.
Overager

Next

Return to RangersRush Interactive