Welcome back Frank Hora!

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Welcome back Frank Hora!

Postby Toadman on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:28 pm

Good news ... but now Murray has to up his game and make some calls to re-home an overager.

http://kitchenerrangers.com/article/ret ... er-rangers
Toadman

Re: Welcome back Frank Hora!

Postby Overager on Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:18 pm

While I believe that the return of Hora will improve our defence I still believe that, because of our youth, we will end up 6th or 7th in the Conference which I see looking like this at the end of the season.
Windsor
Erie
London
Sarnia
Sault Ste. Marie
Owen Sound or Kitchener
the others
We have so many rookies and 16 year old players do not dominate unless the name happens to be McDavid.
While some fans won't like it, Hiebert has to strengthen us for the next two years by trading some of our top end talent for future top prospects. That's where London managed to get the jump on other teams with short term pain but long term gain. McCarron was a perfect example.
At some point this year I can see one of Opilka or Carty traded, Bracco (because he won't be here next year), and more than one overager plus a last year player who will bring us something in return. We have some relatively young players that might become top flight in a year or two. We are hurting in the European area where other teams have landed top end talent. Plus, we don't seem to be able to convince some of our U.S. picks to join the team.
Overager

Postby Toadman on Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:42 pm

If we’re not 3rd, or better, by the December break, we should be big sellers.

I presume Carty is moved ASAP with Opilka getting close to playing and 2 worthy prospects already being held back besides. Carty likely returns a couple good picks (3rd+5th perhaps) as a strong OA goalie with a good record; possibly higher if he was scouted on any of the nights when he was simply outstanding. Much as I like them all, I hope any offers on our other current OAs get serious consideration.

I’d say the recent Spencer Watson trade suggests the trade value of a 19YO standout RW like Bracco is in the vicinity of two 2nds, two 3rds and probably a few high conditionals (OA year, etc). Pretty comparable players in several respects, though Watson is strictly an OA rental and also remains sidelined & an unknown performer THIS season (possibly ’til Christmas) with a wrist injury. Can’t help but think Bracco would be a key piece for Windsor or any eventual top contender so offers should get ridiculous by the deadline and surely can’t be refused.

I don’t expect Mascherin gets shopped this year, no matter what, but that only really becomes regrettable in a ‘Skinner surprise’ scenario.
Toadman

Postby memcup on Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:50 pm

I presume Carty is moved ASAP with Opilka getting close to playing and 2 worthy prospects already being held back besides. Carty likely returns a couple good picks (3rd+5th perhaps) as a strong OA goalie with a good record; possibly higher if he was scouted on any of the nights when he was simply outstanding.

Carty, unfortunately has pretty much been labelled "the traded one" . All season fans have said he'll be moved as soon as Opilka is back.
This has to be tough on him and I think his motivation might be affected. Why give it your all when you know you're going to finish the season somewhere else. I'm not saying that's his attitude. But the likelihood of being traded has to play with your mind.

Another thing to consider when it comes to making deals and getting younger players in return is that EVERY player in high-school has a no trade contract.
....According to the OHL website "High school players cannot be traded without the consent of the player and his family."

Luckly kids now finish high school a year early then they did some years ago.
memcup

Postby Toadman on Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:12 pm

memcup:
...he'll be moved as soon as Opilka is back.

Opilka is back & starting tonight!
Toadman

Postby kitfan on Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:38 pm

I am hoping they hang onto Carty for a bit to make sure Opilka will be playing up to his potential. He has not played in a game yet and I am hoping he is totally healed and can play as he did last season.

Nice to see Hora back as well. He should have a big influence on the younger players.

GO RANGERS GO
kitfan

Return to RangersRush Interactive