The Injury Epidemic

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

The Injury Epidemic

Postby kjh on Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:03 pm

With the injuries mounting up, it's looking like history repeating itself in Rangerland. I'm introducing this topic, because it's beginning to appear as more than just bad luck. Other teams have run into the injury situation too, but seemingly not as often or as frequently as do the Rangers. This is what, the 3rd or 4th season in a row where this has occurred ?

With that frequency, it begs the question why ? Is there something different that the other teams do to minimize the injury bug ? Do they have a better strength and conditioning program ? Do the players participate in pre-game stretching exercises to properly prepare for the game they're about to play ?

I believe that d-men, in particular are probably more likley to get injured, since they tend to play more physical, block shots etc., all of which heightens their risk factor.

I don't wish bad luck toward any team, and do prefer to see games where both opponents ice their best possible line-ups. Then, it's easier to properly assess their relative strengths or weaknesses.
Because I don't agree with your point, doesn't mean that I "don't get it". The possibility exists that I get it.....but still don't agree.
kjh

Re: The Injury Epidemic

Postby Number65 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:42 pm

Not sure that it qualifies as an epidemic or not.

But, Blaisdell seems to be made out of porcelain. :lol:
Number65

Return to RangersRush Interactive