kingston Dec 2

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

kingston Dec 2

Postby memcup on Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:31 pm

Who the heck are the baboons that review goals? I thought it was hockey central in Toronto. The same guys that review NHL.
Kingston goal was offside. Replays show that it was... the Fronts players laugh when it was ruled a goal. (they actually showed it on the score clock while being reviewed)
The Ranger goal at best was inconclusive based on all the angles they showed on TV and it's ruled no goal.

At least they managed to get a point.

I'm not sure what it will take to get this board back to a forum that people want to post on but I miss the days of opinions and multiple game thread posts..... much has happened this week. Hall & McGongile gone for the season. How will this affect the OA situation . Is Opilka really ready to go the distance?
I personally don't think Richardson is anything more than a B goalie therefore Carty has to stay.
I still think we should be sellers and I hope there are buyers.
memcup

Re: kingston Dec 2

Postby JEF on Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:03 pm

Sadly the activity on this board has died down. It's too bad because Eagle Vision put so much time and energy into this board. I too hope it returns to it's glory.

Many posters simply gave up posting because of the attacks by a certain poster with an opposing opinion who always had to be right even when the facts proved otherwise. Kind of like the video reply calls last night. The only person that saw it the way it was called was the video goal judge. Everyone else saw the opposite.

There is a big difference between disagreeing with an opinion and attacking the person with the opposing opinion. That poster doesn't get that.
JEF

Postby Medway Bear on Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:54 pm

As I was at the game last I could not comment at the time, but having watched it on the replay last night the Kingston guys thought the Kingston was offside, until it was rule okay then they said something like, at full speed it did look like he had control. As for the Kitchener goal (?) I gather(may be wrong) it depends on whether the skates touched the ice outside the blueline, don't know I couldn't tell, they certainly took long enough. Mind you if Kitchener had played as well as they can the off ice crew would not have been an issue.
Medway Bear

Postby Overager on Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:40 pm

JEF- Your post re last year's "attacks by a certain poster" must have been referring to me. I really don't think i was attacking anyone and the responses tp my posts, where I didn't agree with the assessments of some of our players, were my opinion. Their performance this year certainly backed up my assessments. When one of our regular posters stated that Magyar, Miller and Llewellyn (or Henderson,I can't remember) would be "first line players on any other team in the league" I argued the reverse. Magyar "graduated" to university hockey, Miller was offered for trade with absolutely no takers and was subsequently put on waivers. Llewellyn ,as an overager this year is hardly a first line player on the Rangers, and Henderson, with his two goals, probably wouldn't be a stand-out with the Dutchmen this year. I questioned "number 65's" statement that "the Rangers would be "going for it this year. "I stated that the Rangers would be,at best, a middle of the road team. Some didn't like my evaluations but please point out where I was wrong.Any rudeness in our posts last year were definitely not from me. I expressed disappointment in Mascherin's play and ,this year, he has proven me wrong.
Overager

Postby Sideliner on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:22 pm

I'd like to think we're all passionate about our team......and yeah I know, we all feel strongly about own our opinions at times - including myself. The key for making this board successful though is that we remind ourselves to respect the views of other posters - right or wrong.... and there's nothing bad about being wrong. I can tell ya, I respect a person who admits when they're wrong a lot more than one who brags about being right.

I've been posting on this board pretty much from the beginning back in '98. Sadly I don't see any of those originals posting anymore. Maybe moved on and have better things to do now........ it's kinda sad really.

I still hold hope for us who remain. It just takes a bit of playing nice together. We can do this.

Regarding the game. I can understand the frustration. I know it left me shaking my head. Sometimes you get the calls, sometimes you don't. Against Kingston the Rangers didn't - time to move on.

I think most here appear to support the view of trading for the future - whether that is someone's changed opinion or one's belief all along. It doesn't matter. Should be an interesting next few weeks.
Sideliner

Postby Overager on Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:21 am

Sideliner- The Rangers should have been sellers a year or two ago but they kept telling themselves that they were "contenders." The problem each year is that London drafts and trades better than anyone and seem to know exactly when to be sellers.Maybe Hiebert is simply out managed. He believes we will go further than anyone can reasonably expect and,consequently, holds on.We have a bunch of players that,in my opinion, are middle of the road or,sadly, less than that. DePerna, Cascanette,Blaisdell,Llewellyn,Henderson, Carty, Opilka(he with the wonky hip),Kohn,and,probably, a couple of others. Apart from Bracco we really don't have any players that contending teams would be clammouring for. We have held on to players that were drafted a couple of years ago with high hopes and they haven't worked out. It has been pointed out by others that other teams have drafted behind us and come away with far better players, both in the OHL draft and European draft. It could be that scouts like Hallorin (sp.) a local hockey fixture, is past his prime and maybe Hiebert listens to him too much . In my oopinion, the player we should be pushing for is Valardi from Windsor. If they don't or can't part with him now, would they put him at the top of a package with the provision that he becomes Ranger property next year, as we did with Kadri ? We should be sellers, the sooner the better.
Overager

Postby Sideliner on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:25 pm

Quite honestly I don't mind MH's drafting so far. Picking a quality first rounder is crucial. I'd take Vallata, Mascherin and Mierles over Davies and Schmalz. Mind you someone dropped the ball when drafting / negotiating with Rippon. You can't let 2nd rounders slip away like that. I don't know enough about that situation to be too critical, but that one definitely hurts.

I love seeing Bracco play game in and game out, but if you don't take the opportunity to make the trade of a lifetime (from a seller's angle), you will continue to enjoy - and deserve - mediocrity for years to come.
Sideliner

Postby Toadman on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:59 pm

Who the heck are the baboons that review goals?

Actual baboons it seems. The league has apparently admitted that both rulings were wrong as was obvious to everyone except said baboon. However, the game outcome has already been etched into stone and we can expect OHL officiating to remain embarrassingly inept for the foreseeable future.
Toadman

Postby Number65 on Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:01 pm

Another blown call in Guelph is allowed to stand after video review. The video clearly shows that the puck hit the goal post.

It's not just that these calls keep going against the Rangers. It's embarrassing to the league as a whole.
Number65

Return to RangersRush Interactive