It's Time To Sell

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

It's Time To Sell

Postby LoneRanger on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:45 pm

Bienkowski needs to crawl back into his hole and let Heibert do whats right for this teams future...sell our vets...Sorry Bienkowski but i'm tired of being "entertained" with average hockey year after year.Myself and many other fans want to win! We have some great young talent so lets build around that talent and create a winning team that will challenge for a championship.

Bracco,Hora,DiPerna and Carty need to go...Teams are calling for these guys..Recently the Soo has inquired about Hora and DiPerna as they have an overage spot open and are looking for a d-man....Henderson and Cascagnette also need to go but have little to no value...Its such a shame to have a talented kid like Guest sitting out every night while these two take up roster spots.

Its going to be an interesting trade deadline and i hope Heibert can do the right thing..The contenders have some excellent young talent that we could aquire...fingers crossed.
LoneRanger

Re: It's Time To Sell

Postby BrantfordRanger on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:08 pm

See, at least when LR says it, it's not because he thinks the sky is always falling. Also losing Connor Hall makes this a more valid point.

We probably have to trade Carty anyway. Moving DiPerna makes sense.

I'm fine with holding on to Hora unless the offer is too good.

With Bracco, the offer better be really, really, really good. Like optimal sellers market prices. We're still in the business of hockey games.
BrantfordRanger

Postby Overager on Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:30 am

Brantford-I hope you are not being too optimistic as far as us having "some great young players."We have some,I think, but with a few of them, they are not making anyone sit up and take notice.How would they be graded if compared to some of the youngsters on London,Erie, Soo ? I hope you are correct but, at this point, we have two lines carrying us.In fact,a great deal of production from three players, one in his last year.
Overager

Postby Medway Bear on Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:13 pm

LoneRanger wrote:Bienkowski needs to crawl back into his hole and let Heibert do whats right for this teams future...sell our vets...Sorry Bienkowski but i'm tired of being "entertained" with average hockey year after year.Myself and many other fans want to win! We have some great young talent so lets build around that talent and create a winning team that will challenge for a championship.

Bracco,Hora,DiPerna and Carty need to go...Teams are calling for these guys..Recently the Soo has inquired about Hora and DiPerna as they have an overage spot open and are looking for a d-man....Henderson and Cascagnette also need to go but have little to no value...Its such a shame to have a talented kid like Guest sitting out every night while these two take up roster spots.

Its going to be an interesting trade deadline and i hope Heibert can do the right thing..The contenders have some excellent young talent that we could aquire...fingers crossed.

This team is close to being a contender at the moment, but are a couple of players off, however if they add other teams will add and they will still be not strong enough. So better to sell now than tinker and not go anywhere in the play offs. I just hope the Rangers have the management.

When do you think the Rangers will contend? I struggle to think it will be next season so should the Rangers also consider selling Mascherin? They don't need him this season and if he is not needed next would you get more trading him now because there would be buyers of teams going for it this season as well as teams planning on going for it next. Although you could argue we will not know how competitive next years team will be so better to hang onto him.
Medway Bear

Postby memcup on Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:53 pm

It's nice to see LR is still around.

I also think that Steve B likes making playoff money year over year and it's more important than doing what's right. But this year I believe it will be a short stint anyways, so its time to move as many older players as possible. I'm not sure about Mascherin though. He may have more value next year or the Rangers may contenders and he would be a big reason why they are.
One thing's for sure, they will need to acquire a capable goalie in one of the deals.

Hall's injury will make it harder for Murray to deal both OA defense because there aren't a lot of prospects left to fill the spots.

Would it be better to deal Bracco before the world JRs? I think it would. Bring in fresh bodies sooner than later if possible.
memcup

Postby Sideliner on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:05 pm

LoneRanger wrote:Bienkowski needs to crawl back into his hole and let Heibert do whats right for this teams future...sell our vets...Sorry Bienkowski but i'm tired of being "entertained" with average hockey year after year.Myself and many other fans want to win! We have some great young talent so lets build around that talent and create a winning team that will challenge for a championship.

Hey, speaking about one of the originals on this site, good to hear from ya LR. Always look forward to hearing what's happening behind the scene.

Definitely agree with you. Over the course of the next few weeks we will see what the guys who call all the shots are made of.
In my opinion we have the league's most tradable ace in our pocket. There is absolutely no excuse not to trade him for assets. The last thing I want to hear is "nobody offered us enough." After this season he has no value to us.....zilch, nothing......It's a no-brainer......Take the best deal and run with it. We have an excellent opportunity to position this team well going forward.
Sideliner

Postby Taychuck on Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:53 pm

Well, I'm sure glad the LR crawled out of his hole! Nice to hear from you. :P

I would have a difficult time swallowing a pill that sent one of our premier (on our team at least) players to someone like London or Guelph but if the remuneration is enough why not? We cannot be "took" on a trade and not get fair return for guys like Bracco. Please take a page from the Hunter's on the return they get when they trade! I would trade Bracco before the WJ's as we won't have him for most of December and we'd might as well start putting the new bodies in place now.

Losing Hall was the defining factor for me. Blaisdell is supposed to be back after Christmas but what happens if he goes down again?

I agree about Henderson & Cascagnette.....both disappointments. OK, so you can't score goals, fine....but at least hit people for cripes sake! Joey's got more gumption than the 2 of you put together. A guy like Guest (our future, supposedly) should be getting ice time and one or both of these 2 should be sitting.

I think we need to bear some pain for the balance of this year with the knowledge that we'll be building towards next year and the year after, assuming that we get tangible assets and not just draft picks back. Yes, it's tiring getting knocked out of the playoffs early and thinking that getting to the playoffs is a bonus isn't necessarily other than to the bottom line. The status quo is not enough anymore because it's the same old, same old with Kitchener but not other teams in the league.

The biggest question is do we have the people in place to pull the trigger and do it right?
Taychuck

Postby Overager on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:12 pm

Taychuk- I believe your last line is the key and,frankly, I don't think that Hiebert has the hockey background to lead us back to being a perennial contender.
Overager

Postby LoneRanger on Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Last year was our chance to go for it but Heibert wouldn't pay the price...in hindsight i'm glad he kept Meireles.

This years team has potential but losing Hall for the year and Opilka with a troublesome hip i just don't think it's worth loading up especially with Erie,London,Windsor,Soo so strong in the west.

Windsor has called for Bracco and the Soo have called looking for an overage d-man...Any potential deal for Bracco has to include Gabriel Vilardi.

Soo has some good young forwards such as Jack Kopacka..Boris Katchouk..Barrett Hayton...To get one of these guys you would have to send the Soo a little more than just a D-man to make it work...they are short on picks so we could send some picks too...it would certainly be worth it to get a Katchouk or Hayton.

Only thing is will Bienkowski allow Heibert to trade away top end talent..he is money driven and demands a playoff team...remember when Jake Paterson was brought in for a 2nd and 3rd...that was all Bienkowski saying hold on Heibert,don't completely tear this team apart,we need playoff money.

As a side note...Adam Mascherin will not be traded.
LoneRanger

Postby Medway Bear on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:15 am

LoneRanger wrote:Last year was our chance to go for it but Heibert wouldn't pay the price...in hindsight i'm glad he kept Meireles.

This years team has potential but losing Hall for the year and Opilka with a troublesome hip i just don't think it's worth loading up especially with Erie,London,Windsor,Soo so strong in the west.

Windsor has called for Bracco and the Soo have called looking for an overage d-man...Any potential deal for Bracco has to include Gabriel Vilardi.

Soo has some good young forwards such as Jack Kopacka..Boris Katchouk..Barrett Hayton...To get one of these guys you would have to send the Soo a little more than just a D-man to make it work...they are short on picks so we could send some picks too...it would certainly be worth it to get a Katchouk or Hayton.

Only thing is will Bienkowski allow Heibert to trade away top end talent..he is money driven and demands a playoff team...remember when Jake Paterson was brought in for a 2nd and 3rd...that was all Bienkowski saying hold on Heibert,don't completely tear this team apart,we need playoff money.

As a side note...Adam Mascherin will not be traded.

Last season the Rangers traded for the rights for a guy from Barrie, who was in the USNDP. 3 2nds were conditional on that deal, but he has since committed to the NCAA, can the Rangers trade those picks or are they locked up until the conditions aren't met? Having 3 2nds tied up on a player does limit what Hiebert can do.
Medway Bear

Postby Eagle Vision on Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:46 pm

About three weeks ago I would have completely disagreed with you. We appeared to be 2 forwards away from having a competitive team, assuming a healthy return for Blaisdell.

Losing Hall and McGonigle for the season have really crippled this team.

We were talking about it and while it would drive me nuts to do so, if our team was in a competitive situation, a very competitive situation and we were a star forward short, I would consider trading a Dylan Seitz and a pair of 2nd's for a Jeremy Bracco for the offense. If there's a return of Dylan Seitz and a pair of 2nds out there for Bracco, I would be thrilled to make that deal with the shoe on the other foot.

I've always looked at draft picks like magical beans, most don't turn out. Since Hiebert has been at the helm that's the one difference that I see with this team. We have been able to make piles of good picks in the early rounds. Whereas in the past I'd only welcome a return in terms of players, I would also be happy with a mix of draft picks returning to the Rangers.
Tom Conaway circa 2000 - "At times goals were harder to come by than teachers at a Mike Harris pep rally."

Updates: Final Exhibition stats posted, game summary for Sep 14th game in Barrie
Eagle Vision

Postby Toadman on Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:56 pm

MB ...can the Rangers trade those picks or are they locked up...

We’re committed 2015-2019 so the picks are tied up (well … 3 then 2 then 0 as per the diminishing terms of the deal). Tortora was already committed to Boston College well before Barrie took a flyer & drafted him. It was a light risk wager and Tortora could still show up for a short stay and contribute or Murray could potentially trade his rights to an optimistic team with better 'leverage' ... like the Knights for another Paxton Leroux to patch up our diminished D :mrgreen:
Toadman

Postby Medway Bear on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:55 pm

Toadman wrote:
MB ...can the Rangers trade those picks or are they locked up...

We’re committed 2015-2019 so the picks are tied up (well … 3 then 2 then 0 as per the diminishing terms of the deal). Tortora was already committed to Boston College well before Barrie took a flyer & drafted him. It was a light risk wager and Tortora could still show up for a short stay and contribute or Murray could potentially trade his rights to an optimistic team with better 'leverage' ... like the Knights for another Paxton Leroux to patch up our diminished D :mrgreen:

Judging by his Twitter feed he signed with Boston College on November 9th this year.
Medway Bear

Postby Sideliner on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:10 pm

LoneRanger wrote:Only thing is will Bienkowski allow Heibert to trade away top end talent..he is money driven and demands a playoff team...remember when Jake Paterson was brought in for a 2nd and 3rd...that was all Bienkowski saying hold on Heibert,don't completely tear this team apart,we need playoff money.

You're joking. .......So the Ranger COO is Harold Ballard (who loved seeing his paying customers come through the turnstiles to see mediocrity for two decades) of the new millennium ?......great. I hold no hope of any common sense deal being made now. So let's figure this out. If the Rangers stand pat they likely make the playoffs and likely last one round for revenue of "X" dollars.....then the same next year, and the same the year after that.....and of course Bracco is long gone by this time.
If the Rangers, who hold the premiere asset in the league, make a trade for the future getting a promising player or two in return, the Rangers could very likely still make the playoffs and last one round for revenue of "X" dollars, and then perhaps make it multiple rounds in the next couple of years for "Y" and "Z" dollars. Don't you just love a short term thinker ?
Sideliner

Postby Sideliner on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:12 pm

By the way, great to hear from LR, Taychuk and EV.
Feels like a Beatles / Zeppelin reunion. :)
Sideliner

Next

Return to RangersRush Interactive