It's Time To Sell

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Re: It's Time To Sell

Postby JEF on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:03 am

Lone Ranger, thanks for sharing the inside information that you can share. I'm sure you receive far more information than what you post. By posting what you can and not posting what you can't or shouldn't, you keep the trust of your contacts and that keeps the inside information coming.

You've been missed on this board and it's been nice seeing you post again.
JEF

Postby Sideliner on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:30 am

JEF wrote:Lone Ranger, thanks for sharing the inside information that you can share. I'm sure you receive far more information than what you post. By posting what you can and not posting what you can't or shouldn't, you keep the trust of your contacts and that keeps the inside information coming.

I echo this post and can't really add much more. For the past "almost 20 years" (where has the time gone ?!!) I, and I'm sure many, many others on this site have looked forward to your scoop. Thanks.
Sideliner

Postby Medway Bear on Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:35 pm

Sideliner wrote:
JEF wrote:Lone Ranger, thanks for sharing the inside information that you can share. I'm sure you receive far more information than what you post. By posting what you can and not posting what you can't or shouldn't, you keep the trust of your contacts and that keeps the inside information coming.

I echo this post and can't really add much more. For the past "almost 20 years" (where has the time gone ?!!) I, and I'm sure many, many others on this site have looked forward to your scoop. Thanks.

Can't add anymore than this. Thanks.
Medway Bear

Postby Overager on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:34 pm

It appears that we have a different attitude about spreading information given to us in confidence. What some of you are saying is that ," It's O.K. to pass along SOME confidential information ." I wonder how the Ranger top brass feel about that. Are they ,or would they, say that they don't mind LR spreading some things he was told IN CONFIDENCE but not everything. Does he clear it with them first or does he never disclose that he likes to pass along some information that he became privy to in Confidence. I can't imagine any organization agreeing to this. If I get the opportunity to speak to Bienkowski i must ask him if that's how they operate. If you were caught doing that with the firm I worked for the result would be immediate dismissal.I would like to hear from any posters who work in a position where "in confidence" means " only sometime."
Overager

Postby pokey on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:40 pm

relax OA. Do you take everything in life so serious?
pokey

Postby LoneRanger on Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:09 pm

Overager wrote:Ranger- I am not questioning your contacts. I am simply questioning your ethics.I have always felt that when you are given confidential information you keep it to yourself. Obviously, you don't agree.

I keep alot to myself...player injuries in playoffs are top secret...did you see me say anything about the player situation inside the dressing room during the 2nd intermission in Erie?...the unrest with some parents?...unrest amongst the people who run this team?...i could say lots of things that i keep secret and some would drop your jaw to the floor.

The things i do say become public knowledge in the media,im just breaking the story a little earlier ;)

I sleep well at night :)
LoneRanger

Postby LoneRanger on Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:14 pm

Sideliner wrote:

Wow has it been that long?...you're making me feel old lol...it's good to see some of us "originals" still kicking around

I appreciate the support from all of you,even the fans from opposing teams...thank-you
LoneRanger

Postby Otto on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:28 am

Overager wrote:It appears that we have a different attitude about spreading information given to us in confidence. What some of you are saying is that ," It's O.K. to pass along SOME confidential information ." I wonder how the Ranger top brass feel about that. Are they ,or would they, say that they don't mind LR spreading some things he was told IN CONFIDENCE but not everything. Does he clear it with them first or does he never disclose that he likes to pass along some information that he became privy to in Confidence. I can't imagine any organization agreeing to this. If I get the opportunity to speak to Bienkowski i must ask him if that's how they operate. If you were caught doing that with the firm I worked for the result would be immediate dismissal.I would like to hear from any posters who work in a position where "in confidence" means " only sometime."

What specifically do you have an issue with? Give us some examples.
Having the balls to say what you think isn't being a man - Being a man is having the balls to admit when you're wrong

Trusted by Manny
Otto

Postby Overager on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:01 am

Otto- I know that you will reject it but here is one example.
Posted Jan 3at 12:21 a.m.
"Spits called today inquiring about Bracco. Spits offering Luke Boka and several draft picks (apparently 2 seconds,2 thirds,and a fifth....Valardi isn't available. Talks with the Spits are now dead."
I am sure you are going to say that this isn't something LR should have kept to himself.If it was revealed to him in the Ranger office I am certain it wasn't meant to be spread around.You will probably say,"It doesn't matter."Numerous posters frequently talk about LR and his "inside information" and,apparently,LR glories in it. LR is now saying that "there are certain things that he doesn't reveal. Big Deal! A snitch doesn't discriminate and, based on his posts, LR is a snitch.You can love him or not but his integrity is not in doubt.With many snitches it is simply a matter that releasing inside information makes them feel important.They feel they are impressing someone.You are an example. You seem to be impressed with the person passing along "inside information" and your posts add support to him. I don't know what your feeling would be if you found that something you told him, in confidence,was quickly spread around. And it would be because people like this can't stop or discriminate. It's part of their make-up.
Overager

Postby puckhead7 on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am

Overager wrote:Otto- I know that you will reject it but here is one example.
"Spits called today inquiring about Bracco. Spits offering Luke Boka and several draft picks (apparently 2 seconds,2 thirds,and a fifth....Valardi isn't available. Talks with the Spits are now dead."
I am sure you are going to say that this isn't something LR should have kept to himself.If it was revealed to him in the Ranger office I am certain it wasn't meant to be spread around.You will probably say,"It doesn't matter."Numerous posters frequently talk about LR and his "inside information" and,apparently,LR glories in it. LR is now saying that "there are certain things that he doesn't reveal. Big Deal! A snitch doesn't discriminate and, based on his posts, LR is a snitch.You can love him or not but his integrity is not in doubt.With many snitches it is simply a matter that releasing inside information makes them feel important.They feel they are impressing someone.You are an example. You seem to be impressed with the person passing along "inside information" and your posts add support to him. I don't know what your feeling would be if you found that something you told him, in confidence,was quickly spread around. And it would be because people like this can't stop or discriminate. It's part of their make-up.

So, are you saying Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger snitches because they break trades and let us know who might be on the market?
puckhead7

Postby Overager on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:47 am

Puckhead- We all speculate but LR leads us to believe that his information is "inside information." If MacKenzie and other commentators pass on information that"they we told was In confidence" then they probably won't get anything else from that source.If you told something to a friend "in confidence", thinking that it would not be released or spread, would you , if you found out that he told others, trust him with anything else? Anyway, I'm not going to beat it to death. LR is a snitch,it probably makes him feel important, and he will continue to be a snitch .He gets support from people who feel that there is nothing wrong with snitching; until it personally effects them.
Overager

Postby Otto on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:51 am

Overager wrote:Otto- I know that you will reject it but here is one example.

"Talks are now dead" So where exactly is the snitching?

It's done.. no effect on the team.
Having the balls to say what you think isn't being a man - Being a man is having the balls to admit when you're wrong

Trusted by Manny
Otto

Postby EchoBravo on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Not to add fuel to the fire, okay maybe a little. The pic is Steve B right after the Rangers scored against Erie, his head never left his hand. This is the face of an entertained fan...
Attachments
Rangers.jpg
Rangers.jpg (37.24 KiB) Viewed 695 times
EchoBravo

Postby memcup on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:53 pm

I'm not sure if LR has ever said he was told something "in confidence".
He posts information but has never really said if it was confidential or purposely put out there ...maybe to stop rumours.
I use to have "sources" within the Rangers organization who would occasionally tell me thing's that weren't public knowledge yet, but it would be be prefaced with either "you didn't hear it from me" or "this doesn't get repeated". The first meaning it was going to come out sooner then later the latter meaning it was confidential.

And yes I do work for a company that requires us to take a 1.5 hr code of ethics course every year. So it really boils down how the information was obtained and is it
confidential, internal or public.
memcup

Postby Overager on Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:04 pm

Otto- Did you read what came before that ?
Overager

PreviousNext

Return to RangersRush Interactive