Good game vs Windsor

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Good game vs Windsor

Postby JEF on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:24 am

Slow start by both teams but after that the Rangers got to work. They out shot the Spits in every period, hustled hard, went to the net, back checked and tied it up late in the game with Opilka pulled. Luke by the way was fantastic.

They dominated the OT but lost in a shoot-out. In Josh Brown's story in The Record Jay McKee said he hates losing, but can accept losing a game like that one, the guys were exceptional and he's proud of them.

It was very much a team effort and fun to watch them give the Spits a hard time. DiPietro was the difference in that game, he won the game for them.
JEF

Re: Good game vs Windsor

Postby Medway Bear on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:53 am

Yes, I agree it was a good game. For some reason it reminded me of the games earlier in the season when a couple of players were away at NHL camp. Taking three points from Windsor in Windsor with a team that was not expected to compete with them this season is certainly surprising and I did not expect it.

It is a tough couple of games coming up with Erie and Windsor paying return visits, but that makes up for the easier start to the season. Mind you after those half the games left are against teams with more points than the Rangers so I think the goal should be to try and play .500 hockey until the end of the season.
Medway Bear

Return to RangersRush Interactive