Vs Windsor

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Vs Windsor

Postby JEF on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:56 am

One heck of a comeback.

Good start where DiPietro kept the Spits in it and a great finish where the Rangers never gave up.

Players are stepping up and giving their all.

He didn't show up in the stats but Riley Damiani works his butt off. He back checks strongly and is fearless on the boards and in the corners. That hard work will pay off.

So glad to see Darby shine with regular shifts and increased role.

Hora. Rock Steady.

DiPerna. Solid.

Opilka. Brilliant, especially in the shootout.

Mascherin. Heart.

Tons of passion on this team. Loving how the trades gave some players a bigger role and how they've filled it.
JEF

Re: Vs Windsor

Postby Overager on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:49 am

A very exciting win last night over an older,bigger,more talented team. The Rangers never quit and were rewarded,as were the fans. I cannot see Windsor getting past London, Erie,Sault St.Marie but, will still be hosting the MCup. The Rangers could definitely use some size but,in that regard, we will have to wait until some of the present players get bigger. I could see a couple of younger Windsor players it would have been nice to get in the Bracco trade but the Rangers had no choice.
Overager

Postby Number65 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:33 pm

Not really happy with any of the three Windsor goals, but I loved our game inside their blueline.

Regardless of the result, I would have given DiPietro first star. He made some unbelievable saves.

I'm liking what I see from Yantsis, strong on the boards and not afraid to go to the net. I think he'll be a contributor next year.
Number65

Postby Medway Bear on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:13 pm

Well that was an enjoyable game. Impressed how they game back. Good to see Mascherin break his drought. Kitchener are sort of in no man's land at the moment, 5 points behind the Attack and 8 points ahead of Sarnia. Not sure if I want them to go higher or to drop back and get a better draft pick (still making the play offs of course). Mind you I always want them to win!!
Medway Bear

Postby EchoThree on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Those were two impressive wins over Erie and Windsor. They are playing like a team. Last night's game could have been a blowout if not for DiPietro. Rangers must have had 20+ high-quality scoring chances compared to very few for Windsor. Glad they were able to get a shootout win!
EchoThree

Return to RangersRush Interactive