6th in the West and would be tops in the East . . . . .

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

6th in the West and would be tops in the East . . . . .

Postby Eagle Vision on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:10 pm

If anyone is wondering why the Petes rolled the dice this year. Just look at the Eastern Conference. The Rangers would be leading. They'd have a better goal differential than everyone in the East, and here we are holding on to 6th in the West. Trust me, we're holding it, Sarnia's going to push this team. They might not have enough points to lead the East, but they are likely better than anyone in that Conference as well.

I'd be curious on people's thoughts. If this team was in the East what would have you done at the trading deadline?

I don't think that we have the stuff to have won and OHL championship this year, but three-four rounds of playoff revenue is a big potential payoff no matter how you look at it.

Our record vs. Eastern Teams:

Oshawa: 1-0
Peterborough: 2-0
Hamilton: 1-0
Kingston: 1-1
Mississauga: 1-1
Sudbury: 2-0
Ottawa: 1-0
North Bay: 1-0
Niagara: 0-0
Barrie 1-1

Overall Record against the East: 11-2-1

Record vs. the West: 14-12-3

I think that you'd see a similar pattern in all Western Conference teams.
Tom Conaway circa 2000 - "At times goals were harder to come by than teachers at a Mike Harris pep rally."

Updates: Final Exhibition stats posted, game summary for Sep 14th game in Barrie
Eagle Vision

Re: 6th in the West and would be tops in the East . . . . .

Postby Otto on Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:30 pm

Keep in mind, if you were in the East, you'd be playing a East-heavy schedule... good chance you'd be far ahead of the pack and wouldn't need to do much at the deadline.
Having the balls to say what you think isn't being a man - Being a man is having the balls to admit when you're wrong

Trusted by Manny
Otto

Re: 6th in the West and would be tops in the East . . . . .

Postby CHL Watcher on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:43 pm

I think that's a tough question. The Rangers wouldn't be the way they are if they lived in the east.

All of these teams draw from the same talent pool. Eastern teams get top picks every year just like western teams and they produce top players.

The difference, I think, between these two conferences is game to game competition. It produces players and coaches and teams and goaltenders that do well enough in their own loop and dominate in others. If I'm right about this you could not fix it by moving a team or two. It would require a complete shuffle....and stilll may lead to a dominant side.

So, more on the topic of your question, I can't wrap my head around where any of the western teams would be if they actually had to live with an eastern schedule.

But hypothetically, the Rangers would simply take their rounds for free, knowing that only Windsor winning the west would give them any more than that regardless of dealing at the deadline.
CHL Watcher

Return to RangersRush Interactive