Next Year

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Next Year

Postby Overager on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:40 pm

While talking to a strong Ranger fan on Sunday he made the statements that, "the Rangers will be very strong next year" and "for once, we will be better than London." I disagreed but today decided to look at some stats comparing the two teams next year based on what they COULD have returning.Taking away their present overagers and picking three present last year players to return as overagers I looked at the PRESENT point total of those players.
London sits at 438 points (at this time) for their hypothetical returning players.
Kitchener sits at 314 points (at this time) for their hypothetical returning players
At this time the London players have about 20% more points.
London has 10 players at this point with 25 or more points.
Kitchener has 4 players at this point with 25 or more points
London's overagers next year could be,with their present point totals;
Vande Sompel with 44 points at this time
Miletic with 37 points
Stephens with 33 points
Total= 114 points
Kitcheners overagers could be;
Opilka 0 points
Burns with 5 points
Henderson with 16 points
Total= 21 points
You could drop Opilka and substitute Blaisdell

As sad as it seems and as hard as it is to accept, we will no doubt be looking up at London again next year.
Overager

Re: Next Year

Postby LoneRanger on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:55 pm

STOP...PLEASE JUST STOP!!!

Lets enjoy the remainder of this season before you rain down your doom and gloom
LoneRanger

Postby Overager on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:09 pm

I refuse to reply because it will probably be sarcastic.
Overager

Postby Otto on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:46 pm

Substitute Crawley & Carbonara for Vande Sompel & Stephens as London's overagers
Having the balls to say what you think isn't being a man - Being a man is having the balls to admit when you're wrong

Trusted by Manny
Otto

Postby Overager on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:43 am

Otto- I selected the best available, which I would have done with Kitchener. However, substituting as you suggest would drop London's projected points (at this time) to 410 compared to our 314 ,still a big gap, and, given the production of Londons potential overagers, that gap will widen.Anyway,these stats ,without a doubt, point to another dominant year ahead for London, at least compared to our Rangers.The really sad thing is that I'm not sure this will ever end.London, for many reasons,is and will continue to be ,the envy of the league.The point differential is there! We might not like it but it is a fact.
Overager

Postby memcup on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:00 pm

It's like I said before.
London, when it comes to talent, is in a league of their own and should be in their own league
How can the rest of the OHL ever compete :?:
memcup

Postby Eagle Vision on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:38 pm

Overager wrote:While talking to a strong Ranger fan on Sunday he made the statements that, "the Rangers will be very strong next year" and "for once, we will be better than London.".

How much could he bench press?? Do you remember how tall and roughly how much he weighed??

I bet I'm stronger than he is!!

Do you want my opinion?? It's probably even stronger than the dude you talked to on Sunday. I take a lot of Sunday's off at the gym, so it's best if you ask me on a Friday night, I will look stronger.
Tom Conaway circa 2000 - "At times goals were harder to come by than teachers at a Mike Harris pep rally."

Updates: Final Exhibition stats posted, game summary for Sep 14th game in Barrie
Eagle Vision

Postby Overager on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:05 pm

Eagle vision- Are you Joining the "Get OveragerClub?" I believe that my use of the word,"strong" meant" not casual"or "die-hard."Anyway, the statistics I presented were intended to show, for those who are willing to look objectively, one way to look ahead to next year at the comparative strength of the two teams. I realize that I didn't get permission from any of the Ranger Rush founding members before posting it, but I didn't forsee a problem.I'll consider that the next time.
Overager

Postby Overager on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:51 am

I just realized that I made a mistake when comparing the point total of returning London players to Kitchener's. London's total is actually 32% greater than ours.Unfortunately, this difference is even worse than I originally stated and, according to some posters, London will be rebuilding next year. What a start!
Overager

Postby Deener on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:42 pm

Overager wrote:I just realized that I made a mistake when comparing the point total of returning London players to Kitchener's. London's total is actually 32% greater than ours.Unfortunately, this difference is even worse than I originally stated and, according to some posters, London will be rebuilding next year. What a start!

Looks like you have plenty of reason not to renew your seasons tickets then.
Deener

Postby Overager on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:16 pm

I wasn't talking about renewing or not renewing . We've been rebuilding for a few years and I still renew. What about you?
Overager

Postby Deener on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:10 pm

Overager wrote:I wasn't talking about renewing or not renewing . We've been rebuilding for a few years and I still renew. What about you?

Well maybe you should consider not renewing- If the team isn't going anywhere, and you're unhappy with the current and future state of the team why would you bother wasting money on that product.

It would save you alot of anxiety about the state of the franchise, and allow you to re-direct funds to something that you enjoy and don't find to be as flawed.
Deener

Postby pokey on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:41 pm

Maybe you should get London season tickets. Heck...I would chip in $10 for them but you have to promise to not post here again.
pokey

Postby Overager on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:10 pm

Pokey- Since many of you haven't touched on the point of my post I'll ask you a question. Are you happy with the Rangers progress over the past four or five years? Now ,no avoiding my question. Simply answer yes or no and, in addition, give us a few reasons why you are pleased or not pleased.Nothing about me, simply answer my question.And, if you are honest I'm sure your friends will accept your honesty. Don't bother with the ten dollar donation. Use it for a new pair of "rose coloured glasses." And, if you think I'm alone in this criticism, then listen to the fans around you.
Overager

Postby Eagle Vision on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:08 pm

Overager wrote:Eagle vision- Are you Joining the "Get OveragerClub?" I believe that my use of the word,"strong" meant" not casual"or "die-hard."Anyway, the statistics I presented were intended to show, for those who are willing to look objectively, one way to look ahead to next year at the comparative strength of the two teams. I realize that I didn't get permission from any of the Ranger Rush founding members before posting it, but I didn't forsee a problem.I'll consider that the next time.

I'm having fun with a little word play. Those who give out hits on the ice can expect to be hit back - right??

While I would state and agree with you in principle that London is the team that sets the bar in this league. Especially lately, I would kinda of rather see a league-wide comparison (and yes, my stomach is sick from all of the losses, and playoff losses to the Knights over the last few years.

It's my opinion that there's a decent chance that Stephens nor Vande Sompel will NOT return next season. The Knights will also be losing some pieces that are important but not scoring goals and points. Parsons, MacDonald, Saluturo, and then on top of that: Juolevi and Jones are candidates to be early grads.

If Hiebert and McKee were veteran GM's and coaches, I'd set the bar a tad higher, they still have some learning curve to go.

I think that your analysis of the team doesn't factor in that this team's strength is still VERY YOUNG.

'96
Hora, Llewellyn, DiPerna

'97
Blaisdell, Burns, Henderson, Opilka

'98
Hall, Carter, Mascherin, Bunnaman, Gentles, McGonigle

'99
Garreffa, McHugh, Schiemenz, Seitz, Meireles, Yantsis, Peterson, Roberts, Richardson

'00
Vallati, Guest, Damiani

The strength in this team is in the 17-year-old's. If it was in the 18-year-olds, I'd agree that we're no where close to the Knights. I can still see that core group of 17-year-old's this year, making a big step going into the next year.

Overager, were you here through the Jamie McDonald years?? Because this is nothing similar to that in my opinion.
Tom Conaway circa 2000 - "At times goals were harder to come by than teachers at a Mike Harris pep rally."

Updates: Final Exhibition stats posted, game summary for Sep 14th game in Barrie
Eagle Vision

Next

Return to RangersRush Interactive