Jonathan Yantsis....

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Jonathan Yantsis....

Postby KnightHawk on Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:45 am

About the game last night (2/1)....

The goal scorer made it look like it was the game-winning goal.

Then, one of the other players went to retrieve the puck from the back of the net.

I then said aloud, "It must be his first goal."

It was.

It was Jonathan Yantsis' first OHL goal.

THAT would be why he was so pumped. :P

Congrats to Jonathan! :)

KnightHawk
2016-17 PERRY PLEDGE
Regular season total = $204.00
Playoffs = $56.00
GRAND TOTAL = $260.00
THANK YOU FOR A GREAT 2016-17 SEASON!!!
KnightHawk

Re: Jonathan Yantsis....

Postby Eagle Vision on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:04 pm

Words cannot describe how pumped he looked on the bench while the cameras were on him. There's been improvement in every single one of his games. He's earning his chance and ice time.

When I was up in Peterborough I was sitting behind the Battalion bench and saw the exchange between the trainer and a 16-year-old rookie who took far more games to achieve his first of the season and there seemed to be one of those "I told you if you kept doing things right and working hard you'd score . . . ." Rhys Forhan looked like he wanted to hug the trainer on the bench.

Yantsis' goal was pretty sweet, and it's nice to beat a top notch netminder for a meaningful goal. Rather than scoring the 8-1 goal on a shell-shocked netminder.
Tom Conaway circa 2000 - "At times goals were harder to come by than teachers at a Mike Harris pep rally."

Updates: Final Exhibition stats posted, game summary for Sep 14th game in Barrie
Eagle Vision

Return to RangersRush Interactive