Rangers at Soo

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Rangers at Soo

Postby Overager on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:58 pm

Unexpected win over Sault Ste. Marie. Where was Opilka? Injured again?
Overager

Re: Rangers at Soo

Postby JEF on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:31 am

Really nice win by the Rangers. It proves the old saying hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. To go into the Soo and come out with 2 points in regulation against the top team in the Western division is something to build on. Richardson needed to come up big and he did. A very good team effort. God Bless Garreffa!
JEF

Postby LetsGoRangers on Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 am

Overager wrote:Unexpected win over Sault Ste. Marie. Where was Opilka? Injured again?

I broke my plan to not read Ranger Rush to see if OA could find a negative in the Soo game. I wasn't disappointed as in 3 short sentences, he communicated 2 negatives: 1) Rangers should not have won and 2) Opilka is often injured. No mention of a comeback from 1 goal down, Richardson playing great, Mascherin continuing to be a leader in getting wins and Garaffa (sorry about spelling) working his butt off and being without doubt the best Ranger to watch game after game.
LetsGoRangers

Postby Medway Bear on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:06 pm

Didn't watch the game live, PVR'd it instead as went to watch Titans (loved being able to park in car pool lot, made turn right onto Ottawa far easier than from lot other side of the drive). Anyway back to the game. A good overall effort. Thought Richardson looked solid although a number of shots hit him in the bread basket. Mind you he had to be in position for that to happen. So good for him, especially after his last outing against Windsor.

I know everyone seems to like Garreffa and he certainly has played well but Bunnaman has quietly racked up 29 goals (more than his previous 2 seasons combined) and has only 3 less than Mascherin. I think if you had told most fans at the start of the season he would have close to 30 goals I don't think you would have had many takers.

Now can they turn back to back wins into a streak by getting 2 points in Saginaw tonight?

Oh and does anyone have any idea what is wrong with Opilka?
Medway Bear

Postby Overager on Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Let's go Rangers-Are you telling me that you expected the Rangers to beat the Soo , IN THEIR RINK? Come on. Be honest. Also, haven't you noticed how many games Opilka has missed through injuries.I believe you feel a duty to criticize any post I make.I previously mentioned that next year's overage candidates looks very thin for the Rangers. Do you find fault with this observation?
Overager

Postby LoneRanger on Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:53 pm

Opilka was hurt in practise on Wednesday,took a puck to the head...Rangers are doing the proper thing by putting him through concussion protocol...unfortunately a freak accident...something similar happened to Parsons in London last week
LoneRanger

Postby wrister on Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:34 pm

LR - A London fan told me that last game here against London that Parsons was hit in the head with a puck in practice but that his one eye was involved but he did not know how serious it was, other than Parsons had already missed several games.
wrister

Return to RangersRush Interactive