Vs Owen Sound

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Vs Owen Sound

Postby JEF on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:48 am

The Rangers actually stayed with the Attack in the 1st and 2nd periods. The effort was there but then the 3rd period started and Owen Sound's talent kicked in big time. I've said this before, but we really miss Hall and Blaisdell. They aren't going to score a ton of goals for us, but they'd help prevent a few. They'd also get ice time that some others currently get and shouldn't be getting.

DiPerna and Hora both made bad plays that led to Attack goals. OA Veterans can't play like this. Their positioning and decision making needs rapid improvement. Roberts stays out too long and tries to do too much and winds up doing nothing.

I feel bad for players like Llewellyn, Meireles, Damiani, McHugh and Garreffa who work hard every shift.

Owen Sound play a team game where everyone hustles and plays their role. They're successful because of it and I hope they can overtake London in the standings and have a great playoff run. With McNiven and the talent they have they could be playing for the league championship.
JEF

Re: Vs Owen Sound

Postby Toadman on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:38 am

McNiven definitely made a few nice glove saves but otherwise had a pretty easy time last night. A(nother) turd of a game for Hora & DiPerna. Appears we’ll likely go 2 - 8, or worse, over the final stretch given our prevailing record. Should be lots of Golds available for our 2 playoff games :roll:
Toadman

Re: Vs Owen Sound

Postby Overager on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:30 pm

We looked like a very weak team, certainly not deep.Another year of getting out of the playoffs early.
Overager

Return to RangersRush Interactive