Rangers clinch 6th in the West

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Rangers clinch 6th in the West

Postby EchoThree on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:11 pm

Opponent still TBD but most likely will be either London or Owen Sound. I'm hoping for OS just for a change of opponent. even though both teams would be big favourites over the Rangers.

Rangers can rest some guys this weekend which is probably a good thing.
EchoThree

Re: Rangers clinch 6th in the West

Postby Overager on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:15 pm

Attended the game tonight in Guelph. If it wasn't for kids they would not have 1000 spectators at that game. At least 70 -75 % were kids, obviously at a bargain price. However, better to have 3000 kids at 5-10 dollars each than an empty building. Saw their new video scoreboard. I have always maintained that Guelph must be the cheapest operating team in the league. Could they have found a smaller video board? I have seen larger tvs in some homes! However, they did give the Rangers a run for the money. Merkley is a hell of a player but one of the three stars tonight in a losing cause. I don't think so!
Overager

Postby KnightHawk on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:48 am

Overager wrote:At least 70 -75 % were kids, obviously at a bargain price. However, better to have 3000 kids at 5-10 dollars each than an empty building.

I make that joke for the school day games. In one of the games in Hamilton this year, they drew 11000+.

How many of those were comps? Comps = complimentary.

Merkley is a hell of a player but one of the three stars tonight in a losing cause. I don't think so!

He did have a goal and an assist. For a defenceman, that's pretty good. For a 16 year old defenceman, that's DAMN good!

Mind you, you were at the game -- I wasn't. [wink]

KnightHawk
2016-17 PERRY PLEDGE
Regular season total = $204.00
Playoffs = $56.00
GRAND TOTAL = $260.00
THANK YOU FOR A GREAT 2016-17 SEASON!!!
KnightHawk

Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Postby EchoThree on Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:14 pm

Overager wrote:Attended the game tonight in Guelph. If it wasn't for kids they would not have 1000 spectators at that game. At least 70 -75 % were kids, obviously at a bargain price. However, better to have 3000 kids at 5-10 dollars each than an empty building. Saw their new video scoreboard. I have always maintained that Guelph must be the cheapest operating team in the league. Could they have found a smaller video board? I have seen larger tvs in some homes! However, they did give the Rangers a run for the money. Merkley is a hell of a player but one of the three stars tonight in a losing cause. I don't think so!

The only question that matters is: did you dance to Cotton-Eyed Joe?
EchoThree

Postby Overager on Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:36 pm

Spike has outlived his popularity. Also,as Farwell mentioned after the game, when it goes to overtime the winning team usually gets two of the three stars ( except in London where the Knights usually get all three stars regardless of the score) which would mean that McHugh would have been named a star as opposed to Merkley.However , the selectors in Guelph have a love affair with Merkley and, possibly, that's rightly so.I still think the owners in Guelph should have purchased the old Kitchener video board when the Rangers upgraded, and that would have been an upgrade on the little one they bought from Best Buy. Another suggestion for the Guelph owners. When they get a school choir to sing the national anthem get the entire school choir and not simply "the grade four class choir." Thirty to fifty kids as opposed to the nine or ten they usually have. I'm sure they have some decent sized elementary schools in Guelph or would that be too many tickets for the owners to give away ?
Overager

Return to RangersRush Interactive