Playoff Tickets

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Playoff Tickets

Postby Toadman on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:22 pm

When I picked up my playoff tickets I had a look at the available seats on screen and was somewhat surprised to see just how many seats were available. I'm sure there's a rosy spin coming but it looked like perhaps 60-70% of STH didn't pre-order their seats. Lot of ice/golds/low reds avail everywhere but sections 12 & 13. I didn't take all my STH seats given not everyone can do weeknight & short-notice games like happens when we don't have home ice and it appears like most others didn't as well. Fewer beans for Steve B to count &/or better seats for Attack fans coming down with their brooms I suppose :roll:
Last edited by Toadman on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toadman

Re: Playoff Tickets

Postby Overager on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:03 pm

I suspect that, given our history over the past few years and our record this year against the top teams, fans are simply not interested in paying for playoff tickets when the odds are that we will be out in 4 or 5 games. We get tired of rebuilding with a mediocre team, year after year, with no hope of competing against the Knights, Otters,Attack and whoever climbs to the top next (and it won't be the Rangers.)
Overager

Postby attackisback on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:56 pm

many coming north for a game? i would be surprised if there wasnt only minimal tickets left already for a friday saturday night game in owen sound based on the last 6 weeks
attackisback

Postby attackisback on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:58 pm

just looked. maybe less than 150 for fridays game right now, but standing room is always being sold.
attackisback

Postby EchoThree on Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:28 pm

Kitchener traditionally has low attendance in the first couple of rounds of the playoffs. Some reasons: no national anthem choir (and family and friends), no Timbits (and family and friends), many Corporate seats don't buy playoff tickets, few or no group sales, and many subscribers (for reasons I don't fully understand) don't buy playoff tickets.
EchoThree

Postby Ranger_Fan_For_Life on Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:19 pm

I expected a fair amount of tickets to sell after last nights gutsy win, but it seems unchanged. Still a couple 1000 remain.
We're not a hockey town...we're a Ranger town!!!
Ranger_Fan_For_Life

Return to RangersRush Interactive