Our two European picks

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Our two European picks

Postby Kemosabe on Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:53 pm

# Rangers will Raise the Shield

Newest Ranger inspiration
Kemosabe

Re: Our two European picks

Postby Medway Bear on Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:33 pm

Now the first question is, will they show up? And the second, how good are they? They don't seem too bad on paper, but I'll wait to see them on ice before I pass judgement. Hoping for the best!! Only worry, they are both 99s so could both leave at the same time. Also what happens if Anderson is sent to Junior by the Rangers?
Medway Bear

Postby BrantfordRanger on Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:48 pm

Medway Bear wrote:Now the first question is, will they show up? And the second, how good are they? They don't seem too bad on paper, but I'll wait to see them on ice before I pass judgement. Hoping for the best!! Only worry, they are both 99s so could both leave at the same time. Also what happens if Anderson is sent to Junior by the Rangers?

McKenzie says that he spoke to both players and their agents prior to the Draft and the plans are to have them report right now.

As to Andersson, he's a one year player. Both Liska and Hugg are two. I think you trade Andersson and acquire assets.
BrantfordRanger

Postby krr on Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:31 am

BrantfordRanger wrote:
Medway Bear wrote:Now the first question is, will they show up? And the second, how good are they? They don't seem too bad on paper, but I'll wait to see them on ice before I pass judgement. Hoping for the best!! Only worry, they are both 99s so could both leave at the same time. Also what happens if Anderson is sent to Junior by the Rangers?

McKenzie says that he spoke to both players and their agents prior to the Draft and the plans are to have them report right now.

As to Andersson, he's a one year player. Both Liska and Hugg are two. I think you trade Andersson and acquire assets.

I doubt we would get anything for him though. It sounds like he isn't going to report to any team anyway.
krr

Postby Eagle Vision on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:33 am

BrantfordRanger wrote:

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's virtually impossible to deal Andersson regardless of his intentions to coming to play in the OHL etc.

In order to make Andersson active the team would have to activate him. To activate him, they'd have to clear an import spot. We cannot trade either of the players that we drafted until next year. So we'd have to simply cut one of them loose. Aside from the fact that both should have decent value. Cutting half decent players that come over from overseas ruins the team's reputation and could hurt our abilities to acquire talent abroad in future years.

We had a similar scenario with Jakub Koreis where we were able to acquire something in exchange for him. For those who don''t remember, the Rangers were able to put him on their protected list while Kanko and Valabik played for the team. When the Jakub Koreis became available they had the option of trading Valabik away to make room for him. But since the Rangers were in a bit of a rebuild, they elected to hold on to Valabik and try their luck with Saginaw, whom eventually got Koeris and traded him to Guelph for a second rounder.
Tom Conaway circa 2000 - "At times goals were harder to come by than teachers at a Mike Harris pep rally."

Updates: Final Exhibition stats posted, game summary for Sep 14th game in Barrie
Eagle Vision

Return to RangersRush Interactive