Logan Stanley to Rangers for Pick(s)

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Logan Stanley to Rangers for Pick(s)

Postby Toadman on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:41 pm

The Kitchener Rangers announced today they have acquired defenceman Logan Stanley from the Windsor Spitfires in exchange for a conditional 15th round pick (KIT) in the 2018 OHL Priority Selection.

Should Stanley return from his NHL club, the Winnipeg Jets, and play one regular season game for the Rangers the conditional 15th round pick will become:
• 2nd round pick (KIT) in the 2023 OHL Priority Selection
• 2nd round pick (KIT) in 2024
• 3rd round pick (KIT) in 2023
• 4th round pick (KIT) in 2020

A Waterloo native, Stanley played his minor hockey with the Waterloo Wolves before being drafted in the first round, 12th overall by the Spitfires in 2014. In three seasons with Windsor, the 6’7”, 231 lb rearguard amassed ten goals and 39 points in 163 regular season and playoff games, combined.

He was selected in the first round, 18th overall by the Jets in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft and claimed a Mastercard Memorial Cup championship in May as a member of the Spitfires.

“We’re excited to add Logan to our team,” said Rangers general manager Mike McKenzie.

“As a first round NHL draft pick and a Memorial Cup winner, he brings experience and an edge to our lineup that will make an already strong group of defencemen even stronger.

“We look forward to seeing Logan in a Rangers jersey and playing for his hometown team.”

Logan Stanley (STAN-lee)
Hometown: Waterloo, ON
Birthdate: May 26, 1998
Height: 6’7”
Weight: 231
Position: D
Shoots: L

http://kitchenerrangers.com/article/kit ... ce-trade-2
Toadman

Re: Logan Stanley to Rangers for Pick(s)

Postby Sideliner on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:06 pm

Well I guess you don't make this trade unless you've decided to "go for it". It appears that MM looked at his line-up and decided that with Mascherin (one of the premiere players in this league) along with Bunnaman and Opilka likely gone after this year, it was time to go for broke. To compete with OS they had to get tougher. LS will help, but they could still use a bit more of that up front IMO.

We know that Mascherin, Bunnaman and Garreffa will provide offence, but they're going to need more than that. Right now I see quantity up front instead of (arguably) quality.....or at least enough of it to officially contend. Time for guys like Meireles and McHugh to step it up. A good sophomore year by Damiani would help too, but I also think one of the two imports will need to provide points on top of all this. Otherwise this team is going to have to spend more draft picks at the deadline...at least that's the way I see it.
Sideliner

Postby Sideliner on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:08 pm

Actually the defence is looking good right now - quite good as a matter of fact.
Sideliner

Postby Ranger_Fan_For_Life on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:48 pm

Sideliner wrote:Well I guess you don't make this trade unless you've decided to "go for it". It appears that MM looked at his line-up and decided that with Mascherin (one of the premiere players in this league) along with Bunnaman and Opilka likely gone after this year, it was time to go for broke. To compete with OS they had to get tougher. LS will help, but they could still use a bit more of that up front IMO.

We know that Mascherin, Bunnaman and Garreffa will provide offence, but they're going to need more than that. Right now I see quantity up front instead of (arguably) quality.....or at least enough of it to officially contend. Time for guys like Meireles and McHugh to step it up. A good sophomore year by Damiani would help too, but I also think one of the two imports will need to provide points on top of all this. Otherwise this team is going to have to spend more draft picks at the deadline...at least that's the way I see it.

The feeling at the import draft from scouts on twiiter was that both Hugg and Liska would make an immediate impact to the Ranger lineup. While they are a couple players out from contending, I say we wait till the season actually starts, because we may already have those players we are looking for. Either way, this is going to be an entertaining season.
We're not a hockey town...we're a Ranger town!!!
Ranger_Fan_For_Life

Postby JEF on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:44 am

Looking at the Bracco and Stanley trades together, 2 of the 2nd round picks (2023 and 2024) cancel each other out. Combined it's basically Logan Stanley, Cole Carter, Andrew Burns and a 2nd Rd 2025 pick for Jeremy Bracco, and 3rd, 4th 8th and 13th round draft picks.

This trade gives us 9 D-men. Grayson Ladd will play next season so more moves have to be coming.

I could see

Hall - Roberts
Stanley - Ladd
Blaisdell - Vallati
Gentles

Petersen and Burns moved
Last edited by JEF on Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
JEF

Postby Sideliner on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:45 pm

I would tend to agree with you top seven JEF. The Rangers will likely settle on either of the two OA's - Blaisdell or Burns. In fact if there were an inexpensive way to upgrade (not likely) then perhaps neither, but in the end it will likely be Burns that goes. I've seen one poster suggest that he could go the university route.

Any excess bodies losing out in the battle for one of the few available positions on this team, I would expect most will find there way on to a junior B or tier II team. I'll consider it a bonus if any get traded to another team for picks. I guess we'll see though. If a hot-shot rookie or free agent shines, it could make a veteran expendable, and perhaps attractive in a trade.
Sideliner

Postby Medway Bear on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:16 pm

JEF wrote:Looking at the Bracco and Stanley trades together, 2 of the 2nd round picks (2023 and 2024) cancel each other out. Combined it's basically Logan Stanley, Cole Carter, Andrew Burns and a 2nd Rd 2025 pick for Jeremy Bracco, and 3rd, 8th and 13th round draft picks.

I think there was a 4th in there as well.

Not sure what happens with McGonigle next season.
Medway Bear

Return to RangersRush Interactive