Elijah Roberts to the Niagara IceDogs for picks

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Elijah Roberts to the Niagara IceDogs for picks

Postby Toadman on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:01 pm

The Kitchener Rangers announced today they have traded defenceman Elijah Roberts to the Niagara IceDogs.

A Brampton native, Roberts was selected by the Rangers in the second round, 32nd overall in the 2015 OHL Priority Selection.

In exchange, the Rangers will receive:
- 2nd round pick (SSM) in the 2020 OHL Priority Selection
- 3rd round pick (SAG) in 2018 and
- 3rd round pick (BAR) in 2019

In 134 career regular season and playoffs games as a member of the Rangers over the last two seasons, Roberts accumulated seven goals and 34 points with 73 penalty minutes and a plus/minus of +17.

The Rangers would like to thank Elijah for all his contributions – on and off the ice – over the past two years and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors in St. Catharines and beyond.

Source -> http://kitchenerrangers.com/article/kit ... unce-trade
Toadman

Re: Elijah Roberts to the Niagara IceDogs for picks

Postby JEF on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:22 pm

Well,well. MM is making moves. Looking at our defence Elijah was the most offensive minded. He can skate like the wind and have some decent hands. It looks like MM wants his defence to be defensive minded. Elijah is a 99 birth year. Pretty good return and a nice way to keep piling up draft picks.
JEF

Postby Sideliner on Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:07 pm

I'll give MM credit on this one too. Good return on investment and the draft cupboard continues to get stocked. Between the acquisition of Stanley and the departure of Roberts, I think the average height of the Ranger D just shot up ;)

Yes Roberts is a great skater - maybe his strongest attribute. I guess MM has a certain vision of what his D is to look like.
This makes a bit of room at the backend. Now it will be interesting to see if there will be any movement up front.
Sideliner

Postby Eagle Vision on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:52 am

I like the return, I like sending Roberts packing.

I would have been much more vocal about my, disappointment in his play, but he does put out a good effort, if he were lazy he'd be in the crosshairs.

I wish him the best. I'm sure when he comes to visit, he'll do some things that will have us re-thinking those picks for a moment.

My single biggest beef with Roberts is his play in his own end. I don't think that he knows how to play a man-on-man defensive game, and that simply doesn't work. Everyone goes on about how he's too small, to me he's a fabulous skater who simply couldn't find the open man, I think that's frustrating as the other d-man and demoralizing as a netminder. If I was coach, we would have gone over the recognizing coverages thing extensively, then finally as a last resort if that didn't work moved him up front. Sometimes you don't have another choice.
Tom Conaway circa 2000 - "At times goals were harder to come by than teachers at a Mike Harris pep rally."

Updates: Final Exhibition stats posted, game summary for Sep 14th game in Barrie
Eagle Vision

Return to RangersRush Interactive