Rangers need a goalie.....Hello Joseph Raaymakers

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Rangers need a goalie.....Hello Joseph Raaymakers

Postby LoneRanger on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:11 pm

If the Rangers are serious about contending this season then they better get a goalie.

I have zero faith in Opilka's hip and you have to ask yourself is Chris McGonigle healthy after his season ending surgery?...That leaves Richardson and Pfeil and that doesn't sound like a championship duo.

McKenzie needs to make the gutsy move and cut ties with Opilka and go get Raaymakers from the Greyhounds or we're just looking at another mediocre 4th place finish and maybe win a playoff round....in case you haven't heard, Raaymakers has refused to report to the Soo training camp after demanding a trade.
LoneRanger

Re: Rangers need a goalie.....Hello Joseph Raaymakers

Postby Sideliner on Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:06 pm

Good to see you're alive and still kicking LR ;). I have to admit I couldn't believe the title of your post when I first read it. I figured no way the Soo trades Raaymakers. His demand for a trade comes as a surprise to me and likely to many Hound fans. You do make a compelling argument. If the trade deadline passes and the Rangers have their #1 go down in a year of contention ......welll that just brings back too many painful memories. No doubt the asking price is going to be high. I wonder how willing the Soo is in considering a high profile trade like this within the conference (?)

Stay tuned. Should be interesting.
Sideliner

Postby Toadman on Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:54 pm

Agreed, if we're on Raaymakers' wish list then we should be making a good offer. Our de facto starter might well have been among the softest G's at camp and McGonigle's lagging recovery is a concern. Hopefully Opilka eventually finds his was back to form but that's likely a longshot.
Toadman

Postby LoneRanger on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:08 am

Too bad McKenzie took the cheap route and tried to solve the goalie issue using the waiver wire...Raaymakers sure would look good in a Ranger jersey right about now!
LoneRanger

Postby Deener on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:26 am

Obviously this wouldn't be a long term solution, but is there not some goaltender blocked by a team's number one that we could pick up for a couple picks until ADB gets back and they can re-assess?

Seems like any stop-gap would be better than what they currently have back there.
Deener

Postby Number65 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:28 pm

I can't remember a time when our goaltending tandem has been this consistently bad.

Tyson Kellerman? Jordan DeKort/Matt Greenfield? Still not as bad as this tandem.

When you're opponent's game plan is "loft it at the net from anywhere" and it's actually working, you know you have a problem.

If ADB isn't back in time for Sunday's game, I think we should call up Lucas Pfeill from the Dutchmen. He can't do any worse?
Number65

Postby Sideliner on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:43 pm

I really feel bad for these two kids. They are simply out of their league IMO.
Sideliner

Postby memcup on Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:39 am

I heard the Rangers are hiring a new goalie coach.

Captain HOOK :P

Sad thing, as the game started I jokingly asked my son which shot Flint would score on the 1st or 3rd.
Turns out they'd score on their 4th 5th & 6th.

Kudos to Richardson for coming in and playing well enough to allow the Rangers to win.
I heard someone say the Rangers should start one goalie and pull him after 3 or 4 shots.... before any goals are scored

2 points is 2 points but it sure would be nice to see a 4 goal lead early and have it stay that way all game
memcup

Postby Medway Bear on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:31 am

At the start of the season I was hoping that one of Richardson or McGonigle could play as a back up, get 20 plus games, win more than they lose and develop into a starter for next season. Well Richardson managed the first parts, but what I have seen I am not sure about the last. At times he has looked good, but in games like Tuesday I am left pulling out what's left of my hair!! Even when he came in last night, it took him a while before he could catch the puck cleanly. This is a chance for one of these two to grab the starters role and run with it. Not many are given this chance. At the moment they both are not taking it.
Medway Bear

Postby Number65 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:35 pm

Nice to see us chase the opposing goalie for a change this afternoon.
Number65

Return to RangersRush Interactive