GAME 1 2017 - 18 Flint @ Kitchener

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

GAME 1 2017 - 18 Flint @ Kitchener

Postby Medway Bear on Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:36 am

The start of another season filled with hope (as always). Unbeaten so far. Zero goals against. Weather feels like summer!! (at last). As I understand it only Stanley is left at NHL camp so it should be a nearly full team for the game. No clue who starts in net or who doesn't dress. It is going to be interesting to see how this team has come together. Exhibition over, time to play for real!
Medway Bear

Re: GAME 1 2017 - 18 Flint @ Kitchener

Postby Medway Bear on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:54 pm

Home Opener Crowds:

2012-13 - 7639
2013-14 - 7252
2014-15 - 7203
2015-16 - 7160
2016-17 - 7105
2017-18 - 6755

Now I doubt any other opening night had weather like last night, but this is the lowest opening night crowd since the 6589 in 2011-12 which is the last season before the latest updates to the Aud.

Here's hoping things pick as the season goes on.
Medway Bear

Postby tomcat_meow on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:27 am

I think the mediocre teams the Rangers have had over the past number of years have started to come home to bite.
Also the prices keep rising as various aspects of the aud environment keeps getting worst. On the bright side if the attendance reduces maybe the parking will improve.
Class Act = Kitchener Rangers!
tomcat_meow

Postby Sideliner on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:48 am

It's disappointing to see the team lose the home opener - especially in "the late innings". However it is game one. Up front there are a heck of a lot of forwards on this team to deal with in figuring out what the ultimate line combinations will be. I do like the idea of having the two imports on one line though. Despite only being in North America for less than a month they have shown me a heck of a lot of promise and potential.

The Rangers bounced back with a win against the Sting so that hopefully makes fans feel a bit better. The goaltending looks "reasonable" at this point. The defence did make some costly mistakes, and the forwards lines, as I alluded to, are still trying to "click".

There was a lot of talk about team speed last year. This team really hasn't lost that many key players with that particular attribute so I would be surprised if this team was labelled as anything but "one of the fastest teams in the league"....unless all the other teams in the league have addressed this part of their game over night.

Hey it's only two games folks. As I mentioned in another post, if this team doesn't settle in by mid-October and getting results, then IMO it's time to get concerned.....and you would then get a boatload of varying opinions on what needs to be done.
Sideliner

Postby leeaf83 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:53 am

I didn't watch the Sarnia game but I did listen on the radio. From what I gathered, Bouchard was playing with a chip on his shoulder as he was very displeased with his play during the exhibition game so good on him to have a nice bounce back effort. Discipline again seemed to be a problem and they gave up quite a few shots although it does seem despite the shot total, the scoring chances were kept to a minimum.

The big problem (pun intended) the last few years down the stretch was a lack of sandpaper. I'm hoping they give Barnaby some gritty players to work with although I guess at this level it's on the coaching staff to develop the players they need.

At the very least it looks like this team is competitive and exciting so far, at the very least we should be entertained by the next 66 games.
leeaf83

Postby Kemosabe on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:29 pm

leeaf83 wrote:, Bouchard was playing with a chip on his shoulder as he was very displeased with his play during the exhibition game so good on him to have a nice bounce back effort.

Yes he seems to be hitting his stride;
Last edited by Kemosabe on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
# Rangers will Raise the Shield

Newest Ranger inspiration
Kemosabe

Postby Ranger_Fan_For_Life on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:57 pm

Stanley coming back into the lineup really adds some swagger on the D, and you have to admit that effects the entire team dynamic. I would say this season has started as a mirror image of last year, but 1 player can really change the momentum. Tighter D means the forwards have the puck more. I do think MM needs to be looking for 2 impact forwards, and I still believe Lodnia will be one of those guys.
We're not a hockey town...we're a Ranger town!!!
Ranger_Fan_For_Life

Postby Toadman on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:40 pm

The Rangers and Attack both lost their openers vs Flint but I expect we'll see 2 different teams tonight!
Toadman

Return to RangersRush Interactive