The sandwich according to Brown

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

The sandwich according to Brown

Postby Kemosabe on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:52 am

Good win last night in Windsor. Good luck tonight at the Aud.

"The skinny: Kitchener gets the middle of a three game sandwich that includes the Memorial Cup champs, the OHL west finalists and the OHL champs. The Rangers are riding high after a 4-2 win in Windsor last night while Owen Sound has been off for the past six days. D Logan Stanley makes his Aud debut tonight for Kitchener."
Last edited by Kemosabe on Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
# Rangers will Raise the Shield

Newest Ranger inspiration
Kemosabe

Re: The sandwich according to Brown

Postby Sideliner on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:25 pm

Hmmm. It's not my imagination. The Rangers are last in the OHL on the PK. That's gotta change !
Sideliner

Postby Toadman on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:04 am

Sideliner wrote:Hmmm. It's not my imagination. The Rangers are last in the OHL on the PK. That's gotta change !

Somehow the Knights and Soo have knocked us out of the PK basement for the moment but now our PP % is in free-fall.

Abundant miscues stifled an extended PP run and then we really seemed to go into a general funk after OS replied to our first goal. Exciting late jump to comeback and tie but then flat in OT. The power play, OT and goaltending were lackluster. I go with ADB until he wanes or wants a break; Richardson has struggled since camp began with rebounds and puck control and has the propensity to let in goals that deflate momentum.
Toadman

Postby Medway Bear on Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:21 pm

If you had said at the start of the season the Rangers would be 2-1-1 after 4 games I would have been happy, but they could be 4-0. Deep breath. There have been miscues and some things that should have been sorted out by now. Hopefully they will get it together, but they can't take too long about it.
Medway Bear

Postby Kemosabe on Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:21 pm

Not too bad of a showing for the first three in three

"The win last night rounds out a 3-in-3 weekend for the Rangers, who captured five of a possible six points against the Otters last tonight, Windsor on Thursday (W), and Fri. night versus Owen Sound ."
# Rangers will Raise the Shield

Newest Ranger inspiration
Kemosabe

Postby Medway Bear on Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:31 pm

Kemosabe wrote:Not too bad of a showing for the first three in three

"The win last night rounds out a 3-in-3 weekend for the Rangers, who captured five of a possible six points against the Otters last tonight, Windsor on Thursday (W), and Fri. night versus Owen Sound ."

Definite positive to come out of the weekend with two wins, mind you it could have been 3.
Medway Bear

Postby leeaf83 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:09 am

they also could have packed it in down 3-1 in the third in the middle of a three game set and took the regulation lost but instead they scrapped their way to a point. Guys like Hall and Damiani give me confidence the Rangers can defend a lead. Bouchard has taken the reigns (for now) between the pipes. Not that Richardson has been bad but he hasn't shown starter potential, he's playing more like a good backup who can hold his own whereas Bouchard has really stepped up and bailed his team out. With 3 games in less than 4 games this weekend I'd imagine Richardson starts in Guelph while Bouchard makes his home debut on Friday as well as starting the remembrance day game.
The rotten powerplay against the Attack left something to be desired but they got organized quickly the next night. Some times lady luck plays a factor there and this early in the season with different personnel coming in and out of the lineup, I don't blame the special teams for being sub-par.
leeaf83

Postby Sideliner on Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:34 pm

In trying to get a feel for how this team will do this season, I realize five games is a small sampling, but it's all we got to go on so far. ABD seems like the real deal, or at least appears to be set to remove some of the worst fears that fans have had of the Ranger goaltending situation. Mind you, to Richardson defence, he was arguably put to test against the two toughest opponents. Either way, between the pipes I personally feel a bit more optimistic now.

If they work on improving those dreadful (so far) special teams, get the imports to settle in, and get a healthy Bunnaman back, then good things should happen IMO.

On another note, seeing London in the basement of the standings looks weird.
Sideliner

Return to RangersRush Interactive