Thread to comment on negative posters

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Thread to comment on negative posters

Postby LetsGoRangers on Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:25 pm

Hi Ranger Fans. I am not a moderator of this site but I think we have an opportunity to self moderate ourselves.

The Rangers are off to a great start this year and if nothing else, we will again have a team that will be exciting to watch. Hopefully this site will get back to what is was when so many of us looked forward to reading it particularly posts from people like EagleVision and LoneRanger. Like previous years, there are posters that simply complain - nothing is good enough. Responding to them, simply results in a tread becoming a p---ing match taking any value away from the thread. I have ideas for this year that might help make this site fun to read again.

On any thread:

1) Do not respond to the negative thread of posters known to never have anything to say but complain, or
2) If you feel it necessary to comment of the poster's negativity, add you comment to this tread instead.

Doing either of these will allow other threads to remain what they once were.

Lets Go Rangers
LetsGoRangers

Re: Thread to comment on negative posters

Postby LetsGoRangers on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:45 pm

Hi folks,

To get this site back to a good place to visit for Ranger discussions, let's not respond to posters that never have anything positive to say - those that only post we are not good enough, management have drafted poorly, management have traded poorly. We've read the comments over and over, please just skip by them. Responding won't help. Rather. they make people like LoneRangers and EagleVision go away.

Through good and not so good times, let's enjoy the team. I very much look forward to see how the new team will do. Tonight will be the first, but by no means only, test of the new team. Go Rangers!!!!!
LetsGoRangers

Postby Overager on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:26 am

Let's Go- Obviously you don't want posters to say anything negative about the Rangers. This forum should simply become a cheering section.If you think that the Rangers have drafted well and haven't been duped in some trades then good for you. However ,I look at the stats and feel otherwise. Have a close look at league standings over the past ten years and tell me that,aside from revenue, the Rangers have really been doing well.They hired a high school teacher as their general manager! Their scouting staff hasn't changed.
Overager

Postby JEF on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:38 am

YAWN Our current GM is not a former school teacher.
JEF

Postby Overager on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:20 am

JEF- Let's not play stupid! The high school teacher to whom I referred was former General Manager and PRESENT director of player development MH; as if you didn't know.Of course, playing with the facts has never bothered you in the past so why would I expect anything different .
Overager

Postby Toadman on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:32 am

Overager wrote:They hired a high school teacher as their general manager!

True, Murray taught grade 8 @ Rockway for almost 20 years but during that time he also scouted for the Jr. B Dutchmen then Siskins and then OHL teams including the Knights, Wolves, St. Michael's Majors, Whalers before his tenure the Rangers. Lots of junior & pro GMs achieved their position after being scouts & 30-year superstar, Hall of Famer GM Lou Lamoriello (NJ/Leafs), was a high school math teacher for a few years too :!: Murray was a good scout and mediocre GM IMO who is already eclipsed by MM's comparative 'shock & awe' style and he's probably going to end up being remembered for punting most years, the Fabbri gaffe and getting Leroux'd by the Hunters.
Toadman

Postby JEF on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:42 am

OA

Speaking of facts.

How can a team that is so bad in your opinion be in first place in their division and top 3 in the league.

If you can't see the positive changes in the organization, I feel sorry for you.

I think you may be one of those people who isn't happy unless they're unhappy.
JEF

Return to RangersRush Interactive