Soo/Saginaw/Flint Weekend

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Soo/Saginaw/Flint Weekend

Postby JEF on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:28 am

This will be a tough weekend of hockey for the Rangers. I think they'll do okay

I think we can take a point out of the Soo. I see this game going to OT or a Shootout.

On paper Saginaw should be a win, but so was Guelph and we know what happened there. Troy Smith will be primed for this game. I expect it to be tough, but I'll say we win it.

Flint has a strange 4pm start time and will be our 3rd game in 3 days. I think ABD is the difference in this game. I think we take the win in a very close game.
JEF

Re: Soo/Saginaw/Flint Weekend

Postby Overager on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:24 pm

I agree that it will be a tough week-end and I can't see the Rangers coming home with more than 2 points. I hope I'm wrong but,at this time, we simply don't have what I would consider to be a "strong team."
Overager

Postby Ranger_Fan_For_Life on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:02 pm

I would classify this weekend as a good measuring stick going forward. 3 in 3 with a top team, a weaker team, and team that has already beat the Rangers. Hard to say the outcomes considering they have only played 1/3 of the teams. I don't much about the final outcomes, but rather how the team actually performs against all 3. It is still early, lets not lose our minds yet.
We're not a hockey town...we're a Ranger town!!!
Ranger_Fan_For_Life

Postby Kemosabe on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:40 pm

Well we have already beaten a top team and playing the best of the three first is an advantage. I think we play our best goalie in the first and last games and that gives us a fighting chance for six points.

Oh well now we go for four!
Last edited by Kemosabe on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
# Rangers will Raise the Shield

Newest Ranger inspiration
Kemosabe

Postby Medway Bear on Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Kemosabe wrote:Well we have already beaten a top team and playing the best of the three first is an advantage. I think we play our best goalie in the first and last games and that gives us a fighting chance for six points.

Not sure what you mean by "a" top team. The Rangers are the only team to beat Sarnia so far this season, they are the only team to beat Owen Sound in regulation so far this season and are one of only 2 teams to beat Windsor in regulation this seasons. The only top team they haven't beaten (yet) is the Soo. I think they have done well (so far) against top teams, however this weekend will be a tough test.
Medway Bear

Postby Ranger_Fan_For_Life on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:11 am

Kind of annoying how the game wasn't on the livestream. Based on radio observations though it looks like the D got burned on speed a couple times. The too many men call at the end should not be happening. Seriously. Positives are it seemed like the teams were evenly matched. If Garreffa doesn't fan on the shot at the end their, they walk away with a point at least. The more they play, the more things fall into place, but I am still pretty confident that MM has a plan for this team, sooner than later.
We're not a hockey town...we're a Ranger town!!!
Ranger_Fan_For_Life

Postby Kemosabe on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Medway Bear wrote:Not sure what you mean by "a" top team.
That's why I didn't say the top team. At least we will get another wack at the Soo.
Last edited by Kemosabe on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kemosabe

Postby Medway Bear on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:04 pm

Kemosabe wrote:Not sure what you mean by "a" top team. That's why I didn't the top team. At least we will get another wack at the Soo.

I meant that you seemed to be implying we had only played well against a single top team, when the Rangers have had good results against more than one. Sorry of that was not what you meant. They did play well against the Soo last night, just came out on the wrong end of a close game.
Medway Bear

Postby Kemosabe on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:31 pm

Weill we barely beat Flint last night. Maybe we used up too much energy the previous night. Let's hope that they can dig deep tonight.

Kemosabe

Postby Kemosabe on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:33 pm

Medway Bear wrote:
Kemosabe wrote:Well we have already beaten a top team and playing the best of the three first is an advantage. I think we play our best goalie in the first and last games and that gives us a fighting chance for six points.

Not sure what you mean by "a" top team. The Rangers are the only team to beat Sarnia so far this season, they are the only team to beat Owen Sound in regulation so far this season and are one of only 2 teams to beat Windsor in regulation this seasons. The only top team they haven't beaten (yet) is the Soo. I think they have done well (so far) against top teams, however this weekend will be a tough test.

Kemosabe

Postby Kemosabe on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:36 pm

Medway Bear wrote:

Kemosabe

Postby Kemosabe on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:40 pm

Sorry Gang I screwed up on some editing and thus multiple posts.

Kemosabe

Postby Overager on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:14 pm

I didn't expect 4 points but glad to see the two wins.Hope it continues against the chubby one from the west.
Overager

Postby EchoThree on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:53 pm

A good showing with 4/6 points this weekend. And from what I heard on Friday they gave the Soo a good run too even though they didn't get the win. Nice to see Richardson get a win last night and of course Captain Bunnaman is now healthy and playing like the NHL-worthy player that he is.

Let's hope they don't take London lightly on Friday. Hopefully McKee can point to today's game where they took OS to overtime as proof that London shouldn't be underestimated.
EchoThree

Postby BrantfordRanger on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:46 pm

Hendo showing his value to this team as a heart and soul OA.

At this point, I'd give up my firstborn before I'd trade Riley Damiani at the deadline.

Bunnaman has proven to be a pretty clutch Captain.

Definitely a good weekend for the boys.
BrantfordRanger

Next

Return to RangersRush Interactive