Soo/Saginaw/Flint Weekend

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Re: Soo/Saginaw/Flint Weekend

Postby Medway Bear on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:03 pm

Pleased with the result in Flint, they could have folded their tent and just said "3 in 3, we're tired and just don't care" especially after Flint kept coming back. 4 out of 6 all on the road, not bad.
Medway Bear

Postby JEF on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:39 am

I'm happy with 4 out of 6 points on a road weekend.

Happy to see Connor Bunnaman putting up points and scoring from right in front of the net. Josh Brown's story shed a bit of light on his slow start. His energy was low as he fought a lingering flu bug.

Hugg and Liska keep getting better with each game. What more can you say about Damiani, what a worker in both ends of the rink.

While I'm happy with the wins, things were quite close. I'd like to see some more impact players added to this team soon. The effort is there but let's add more skill to that effort level.
JEF

Postby Eagle Vision on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:27 am

Did anyone else hear Dominic Papa thank Logan Brown for the intermission interview in Saginaw?? Does anyone else here want Logan Brown interviewed during the intermission wearing the Rangers' jersey?? Not more than Logan Stanley . . . . . but in addition to Logan Stanley??
Tom Conaway circa 2000 - "At times goals were harder to come by than teachers at a Mike Harris pep rally."

Updates: Final Exhibition stats posted, game summary for Sep 14th game in Barrie
Eagle Vision

Postby JEF on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:55 am

My hand is up EV. Would be a great addition. Impact players like him Villardi, Raddysh, Lodnia, Maksimovich.

This current team is a big improvement over last year's team but still needs some skill and scoring upgrades to keep up with Owen Sound, Sarnia and the Soo.
JEF

Postby EchoThree on Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:44 pm

JEF wrote:My hand is up EV. Would be a great addition. Impact players like him Villardi, Raddysh, Lodnia, Maksimovich.

This current team is a big improvement over last year's team but still needs some skill and scoring upgrades to keep up with Owen Sound, Sarnia and the Soo.

The good thing is that it sounds like Rangers management thinks the same way, and they have a pretty large cupboard of picks to help make deals. The only trick is that every team will ask for Riley Damiani in trades.
EchoThree

Postby memcup on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:56 pm

One thing became evident this weekend. Stanley is going to take a lot of penalties " for being too big". :P
memcup

Postby Sideliner on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:01 pm

Trading Damiani would make about as much sense as Windsor trading Vilardi last year. I'm not putting Damiani on the same pedestal, but I am saying it would be brain-dead decision. We're not talking about a promising player who has potential in the future here. We're talking about a player that is contributing to the team's success and is making an impact NOW!
Sideliner

Postby EchoThree on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:44 pm

memcup wrote:One thing became evident this weekend. Stanley is going to take a lot of penalties " for being too big". :P

Ahh, the ole Boris Valabik curse. Fortunately Stanley adds a lot to this team so they just have to absorb the extra penalties.
EchoThree

Previous

Return to RangersRush Interactive