Dumont-Bouchard out this weekend

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Dumont-Bouchard out this weekend

Postby EchoThree on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:47 pm

Per Josh Brown on Twitter, ADB has an upper-body injury and is not expected to play this weekend. Although we are not playing great teams, London has been improving and just added Formenton and Raaymakers...and London is never easy to beat, ever. Hope Richardson can step up and build on his win against Saginaw.
EchoThree

Re: Dumont-Bouchard out this weekend

Postby Kemosabe on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:45 pm

I figured that the greenhornet and knighthawk would be here to tell us that they (london) would beat us and start their climb out of the basement.
# Rangers will Raise the Shield

Newest Ranger inspiration
Kemosabe

Postby Overager on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:40 pm

With Jones, thomas,Bouchard,Carbonara,Pu plus others, I do not expect an easy game.
Overager

Postby Overager on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:18 am

If any of our posters still felt that the Rangers are a contending team then tonight's affair should squash that. The Knights are still getting players back from the pro ranks and ,therefore, should still get better. We didn't have a player on the ice tonight that looked anywhere as good as Thomas, Jones, Pu, Formington. They skated around us, through us, over us. Richardson wasn't sharp and Stanley has had better games. We have too many players that simply don't look like they can make us into contenders.Plain and simple.
Overager

Postby JEF on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:52 am

Thoughts on coaching?

I think we have some decent talent but man we were out coached by Hunter.

The Rangers had no jump or energy. London beat them to every puck. There is very little creativity. With over 7,200 fans at the Aud and the Knights off to a slow start the Rangers should have been pumped and primed to beat the Knights. They weren't.
JEF

Postby Medway Bear on Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:19 am

JEF wrote:Thoughts on coaching?

I think we have some decent talent but man we were out coached by Hunter.

The Rangers had no jump or energy. London beat them to every puck. There is very little creativity. With over 7,200 fans at the Aud and the Knights off to a slow start the Rangers should have been pumped and primed to beat the Knights. They weren't.

The Knights deserve credit for the way the played, they ran the game. This is not the same Knights team that started the season and they will continue to get better, but that Ranger performance was terrible. I am trying to think of a good save Raaymakers made all evening, Richardson on the other had did make some very good saves and on the first 4 goals its hard to blame him for any of them but 4 goals on 16 shots?? Is he the goalie of the future?

Coaching? I have no idea what's going on. They just came out flat AGAIN. They have given up a goal in the first 2 minutes (1:30 actually) of a game 4 times and the power(less) play is just a joke. Its easy to panic after one bad game and I don't think we should. This team had a good weekend last weekend and this may be a blip that we will forget about later in the season, but it is a warning that things need to improve.
Medway Bear

Postby Overager on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:07 am

JEF- Your statement that "the Rangers have some decent talent" can be applied to many teams in the league. The question is do they have enough talent to be considered contenders? In my opinion,and I have maintained this since training camp (and probably before that,) is that the Rangers do not have the high-end talent needed to contend in this league. Aside from draft picks we don't have a hell of a lot to show for the Braco trade to Windsor. Burns is gone. Cole Carter is no better than some of our rookies.Hugg and liska have to be considered mediocre and not examples of high end European picks.Henderson ,in his overage year,has 4 goals thus far but on many nights is invisible. McHugh,Guest,Yantsis,Peyton,and others have not shown that they will contribute much. Do you honestly see much here that other teams would covet in a trade . All we have to trade are draft picks and you cannot build a winner unless you have 15 or 20 high picks to offer. We simply lack high end guys. Since selecting Derrick Roy I can't think of a player we selected who could "electrify" the crowd with his play.London comes up with high end players each and every year. Maybe we should offer their head scout a job as "Head of Player Development" paying more than he gets in London.I really do question our scouting staff and/or the person in charge of our draft.Please don't point out Ranger draft picks who wouldn't report. Getting them to report is part of the process.Hopefully MacKenzie will take a serious look at our entire scouting staff but that's not going to help us this year. Playing London in the first or second round sends us packing for another year.Saying that the "time to win is now" doesn't make it happen. Two goals in two games ,and one was an empty netter because it was a give away by the London goaltender, sure doesn't inspire confidence.A spectator in my section asked Friday night,"who was this years first draft pick?" I guess nobody stood out.
Overager

Postby JEF on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:39 pm

I don't feel our talent is being directed or used properly.

Bunnaman, Damiani and Henderson were on the 3rd line in Oshawa. Is that supposed to be the checking line?

Sherwood and Bunnaman or Mascherin and Bunnman should be playing together.

Please drop the ineffective drop pass that kills all momentum. Put the speed of this team to good use .
JEF

Postby Medway Bear on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:27 pm

JEF wrote:I don't feel our talent is being directed or used properly.

Bunnaman, Damiani and Henderson were on the 3rd line in Oshawa. Is that supposed to be the checking line?

Sherwood and Bunnaman or Mascherin and Bunnman should be playing together.

Please drop the ineffective drop pass that kills all momentum. Put the speed of this team to good use .

How can you tell who is on what line? It seems to change from game to game and sometime period to period or shift to shift.
Medway Bear

Postby wrister on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:29 pm

Last night in Oshawa our first round pick, Grayson Ladd was given more shifts because Vallati was given a game misconduct in the first period. Here`s a first round pick that rarely sees the ice, let alone dress for a game and he was expected to take a regular shift often against the first line of the Generals. Why was he a first round pick if we aren`t going to give him a chance to play on a regular basis. Honestly, we haven`t had an impact player picked with our first rounder in a long long time and that pick should be a no brainer. I don`t think it is fair to these kids to never play them and then throw them to the wolves. Whether it is coaching, scouting or managing, this team has to start cleaning house, as we have dropped from being a well oiled organization to a mickey mouse replica of a dogs breakfast.
wrister

Postby Overager on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:46 pm

Wrister- As I've said above and forecast last year.
Overager

Return to RangersRush Interactive