Ranger scoring

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Ranger scoring

Postby Overager on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:49 am

As further evidence that the Rangers as contenders is a fairy tale on only has to look at the league scoring where Mascherin occupies place number 58 and Bunnamin is "way up there " at 89. With scoring like this one can understand why some consider the Rangers to be a contender.
Overager

Re: Ranger scoring

Postby kitfan on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:32 pm

Hmm no mention of the 7 goals the Rangers scored today. Oooops sorry they won best forget about those 7 goals today and the winning the last 2 games. I keep forgetting there are only negative posts here when the Rangers lose. No wonder I don't hardly post here anymore. Come on people give these guys a break sheesh there are new guys and rookies and it takes time for a team to gel it does not happen in a few games. Everyone has this team written off after only 15 games. Yes I know that they have played 17 games but can't count the last 2 cause they WON. Thinking that some that post here should be down at the Aud applying for coaching jobs. Well end of rant back to my corner
kitfan

Postby Overager on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:39 pm

Kitfan- It was obviously difficult for me to include the 7 goals they scored today (Wednesday) when I made my post on Tuesday. However, when you want to criticise me it is easy to make such a mistake. From now on I'll try to see into the future.Instead of evaluating them with your heart try using your head and look at where they stand in league scoring and where our veterans or our leading scorers stand when compared to the rest of the league. Although I would love to see the Rangers as a truly competitive team I'm afraid that when I look at our team REALISTICALLY or objectively I find them wanting.They are simply middle of the road.
Overager

Postby JEF on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:31 am

How about just admitting when the Ranger do something right.

After a loss you're all over the players, coaches and management.

After they win...........crickets
JEF

Postby Overager on Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:15 am

JEF- I am "evaluating"the Rangers from the perspective of "a contending team" which fans were led to believe we would be this year.You might be impressed with their performance this year but I'm not.Yes, they managed to beat North Bay but only by a score of 2-1 and certainly didn't look like a "contending team."Evidence of a contending team is often seen by how they dominate lesser teams and the Rangers haven't shown that.Another sigh of a "contending team"is where they stand in league scoring stats and one has to go far down that list to find any Rangers.Contending teams usually have very solid overagers. Do you see Henderson as such? Sherwood has a single good game. Maybe he will start resembling last years play.Our "depth guys" are basically checking lines. Are you impressed with McHugh? How about our European selections.Our number 1 pick in this year's draft ,although a dman, doesn't have a single point and ,to many observers, isn't even noticed. Fans are heard to ask,"Who is our top draft from this year?" I'm sorry but I fail to see anything but a middle of the road team.
Overager

Postby JEF on Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:26 am

Is this a copy and paste of the same post you've posted 30 or more times before?

I think we get it that you don't think the Rangers are a contending team.

You love it when the team doesn't play well and use that to back up your non contending claim.

You simply won't admit when the team or players you see as having no value have played well.

A little balance would be nice. No one is asking you to change your mind, just be fair.
JEF

Postby Deener on Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:17 pm

JEF wrote:Is this a copy and paste of the same post you've posted 30 or more times before?

I think we get it that you don't think the Rangers are a contending team.

You love it when the team doesn't play well and use that to back up your non contending claim.

You simply won't admit when the team or players you see as having no value have played well.

A little balance would be nice. No one is asking you to change your mind, just be fair.

Just ignore his posts- don't bother responding. Whole reason he's a successful troll is because people get worked up about what he says and fire back. Even he will get tired of re-posting the same run-on sentence of "we don't draft, develop, coach, or manage well".

If you look at the other dormant boards it's riddled with insults of accusations of "fake attendance". His run-on sentence rants aren't even worth responding to.
Deener

Postby Overager on Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:20 pm

Deener- You,and some others, simply can't bring yourselves to admit that what I say, now and for the last few years, is correct.The Rangers are a middle of the road team and too many of our high draft picks have basically flopped.When I posted over two years ago that Magyar wasn't even a good junior B player you and others were adamant that I was wrong. Where is he now playing?This is only one example. Don't read my posts! I don't really care.Do you think that what we received for Bracco was good return? Burns and Carter. Give me a break. Oh, don't put Stanley in the mix because ,as you should know, Stanley was a separate deal.Also, when I stated last year that Henderson would be a weak overager, was I wrong? How about Blaisdell? Are you really impressed with this year's first selection? How about our second? He won't even talk to the Rangers.Do I like the Rangers? Definitely! However, they are simply a middle of the pack team.I hate to see it but it is reality.
Overager

Postby kitfan on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:42 pm

Well mr doom and gloom what do you think this team needs to be successful? Why have you not applied for the general manager and head coach positions if you have all the answers. I know I have asked you this question many many times but have never received a reply to the question. Have you ever played the game or even put on a pair of skates. PLEASE ANSWER THIS SIMPLE QUESTION. If you don't reply then I will know you never even put on a pair of skates or played the game cause if you ever played hockey you would know how fast things can change during the play. End of rant
kitfan

Postby JEF on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:49 pm

What cracks me up is how Overager spends so much time and energy criticizing and putting down the Rangers. Jeez if something bugged me that much I'd walk away from it. You're right Deener, I'm going back to ignore Overager mode. No more feeding a keyboard warrior troll who wouldn't have the balls to say to any player, coach or team executive what he posts here.

Silence is golden.
JEF

Postby Toadman on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:10 pm

JEF -> What cracks me up is how Overager spends so much time and energy criticizing...

Don’t think Overager is unique with his incessant downside drone. I’ve been going to Ranger games for almost 50 years and currently have season tickets in a group of others with 15-40 years tenure and also held tickets in several other locations over the years. Old farts and kids alike turn on the team in droves and criticise everything imaginable whenever there’s a mistake or the opposition goes ahead … even nonsensical stuff from curmudgeons like cursing Ryan Murphy for giveaways a year or so after he was gone :roll: A Knights fan who sometimes takes the seat beside me when they’re in town can’t even believe all the ‘downer’ banter here! Still, all these folks renew and turn out for games year over year.

OA-> ...Magyar wasn't even a good junior B player ...

Magyar wasn’t elite level but he was a solid OHL player, outstanding as a rookie, keenly scouted by almost everyone as a pro prospect and drafted 93rd. To say he ‘wasn't even a good junior B player’ diminishes your credibility. Maybe he plays road hockey for fun now, I don’t know, but not everyone’s dream of getting to the pros pans out and neither playing an OA season in the OHL or slogging along on a minor pro team is an overly attractive proposition if you're ready to get on with life after hockey.
Toadman

Postby Overager on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:57 pm

Toadman- "Magyar was a solid OHL player."Really? It's funny that the Rangers couldn't get anything for him.A nice kid? Without a doubt.Valuable player?I guess it depends on what you consider valuable.
Kitfan- Never played at this level but,like Scotty Bowman and others who never played I can have an opinion on whether a team is or is not a contender simply by comparing them to other teams in the league.Did you have to wait until the season was over last year to identify the top teams? How about baseball. Did you not realise early in the season that the Blue Jays were not a contending team? Have a look at what teams have returning in terms of scoring,overage possibilities, goaltending,what rookies showed in training camp,and on and on. You don't have to be a former player to assess these factors.Watching minor hockey one can often see former minimally talented players behaving like they were former superstars when they now find themselves coaching a bunch of nine year olds. Does "having played hockey" make you an expert on the game? Maybe in your own mind.
Let's drop it! I say the Rangers are middle of the road . The end of the season will definitely answer that.They will probably make some trades to try to improve but,in my opinion, they don't have enough to trade (that other teams would want) without giving up their top players. However ,that won't solve anything.
Cheers.
Overager

Postby LoneRanger on Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:49 pm

Unfortunately Overager does make some valid points that i agree with...

I said on draft day that Ladd was a terrible pick and overall i wasn't impressed with McKenzie's draft
We seem to have trouble getting import players that can be impact players
Why does this team have trouble signing players?...something is obviously wrong
A draft philosophy of picking players who will play 4/5 years instead of just picking the best player available is ridiculous
How about drafting some size instead of a team full of guys under 6'
Stop hiring coaches and GMs from within...this team has money so spend some and hire some top personnel
As long as Bienkowski is here with his "just make the playoffs so we can make more money" and "hey at least we were entertained" attitude,we will never be at the top
The Rangers haven't had the strongest overagers for a few years

My issue with Overager is he repeats his negative tirade on a daily basis,or so it seems...i would be hard pressed to find any positive comments...the negativity gets tiresome
LoneRanger

Postby Toadman on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:03 pm

OA-> "Magyar was a solid OHL player."Really? It's funny that the Rangers couldn't get anything for him.A nice kid? Without a doubt.Valuable player?I guess it depends on what you consider valuable.

Magyar did lead the team in points as a rookie and looked pretty ‘solid’ doing it which got him drafted by Colorado -> https://youtu.be/LjRIvG6XM9c

A few team awards: Scoring Champion, (Co-)Rookie of the Year, 2 x Ted Scharf Humanitarian Award.

He did tail off and then broke an ankle, etc in his final year here before choosing to take advantage of his OHL scholarship to pursue a business degree at Laurier instead of continuing with hockey as an OA or minor pro and doesn’t even play for the Golden Hawks at Laurier to my awareness. I gather that he just accepted that he wasn't destined for the NHL and elected to get on with life. I don’t recall any comment that attempts to trade him were in vain or that he was waived out of the league at any point.

A nice guy, as you most graciously concede, who also happened to achieve more than most players in the league ever do … definitely much better than your ‘poor Jr B’ evaluation :roll:
Last edited by Toadman on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Toadman

Postby memcup on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:15 pm

now and for the last few years

Bingo...might as well copy and paste
memcup

Next

Return to RangersRush Interactive