Fri Nov 3rd

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Fri Nov 3rd

Postby LetsGoRangers on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:38 am

Well, doesn't the team look good now. Effort was there with everyone playing how they can and need to.

So much negativity on this site - this is opportunity to give praise.

Go Rangers.
LetsGoRangers

Re: Fri Nov 3rd

Postby Sideliner on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:15 pm

It was a much better effort. Good solid passing (sometimes even too hard) and lots of opportunities created. They're going to need this type of effort against teams like the Soo, OS, and Sarnia.

I like what Sherwood has to offer.

...and the bonus - no short-handed goals against.
Sideliner

Postby Taychuck on Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:23 pm

There are many positives to take from the last 3 games....at times.

You've got to give Guelph credit (as much as I hate to); they don't give up. We had an excellent 1st period and then spent the last half of the 2nd trapped in our end zone. Some lucky bounces for Guelph and it might have been a different game. They also came out strong in the 3rd and us getting that 4th goal was huge.

Richardson did a good job of controlling rebounds which hasn't always been the case so that's a good sign of hopefully getting him more confident in net and the guys in front of him too.

No complaints from the coach about the 4th line tonight.

People continue to harp on the lack of players in the top 10 scoring which I don't have a problem with to a point. Having said that though, I'd rather have scoring from every line than depending on 2 or 3 players to put the puck in and when they go cold or are covered better no one is capable of stepping up and taking up the slack. Balanced scoring is better overall. Maybe not for individuals looking to get drafted but for the betterment of the team it's better IMO.

Nice to get offence from the backend which, again, is huge.

There's been much better effort overall and specifically from those that were going through the motions previously. No need to mention names. Let's hope that keeps up too.

I'm still trying to figure out the slashing call on McHugh but was displeased with the 2 cross checking penalties that the twin towers on the back end took. Apparently the league has adopted the NHL style of slashes / hooks and will turn a blind eye to guys that are pushed from behind in open ice and not make a call....and, really what would you call if the guy has the puck, it's not from behind into the boards, didn't cross check....it's interference at it's best while the guy has the puck.
Taychuck

Postby Medway Bear on Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:26 pm

I thought the Rangers played a good first period last night. They didn't give up a goal in the first couple of minutes of the game. Managed 3 goals. Looked good at the back.

2nd period not so impressed, 3rd better but no where near the first.

Plus points Richardson. The 4th line. The PK. The D.

Negative points the PP. The lack of scoring from two lines.

I like scoring by committee, but I also want someone who when the team needs a goal can get one.
Medway Bear

Postby JEF on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:28 am

Two good games in a row. I hope the week off doesn't diminish the intensity.

The Guelph game got off to a good start but the intensity died down a little after the first period. I still feel we are missing some pieces that can take this team from a team that can compete to a team that's elite. Definitely some good signs but consistency, intensity and skill levels still need to go up.
JEF

Return to RangersRush Interactive