Vs. London

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Vs. London

Postby JEF on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:47 am

So they end the 14 game winless streak against London.

They played a great game and deserved the win. They've won 5 of their last 6 and the loss was in OT.

Barely any comments.

Now if they lost there would be lots of activity, most of it negative.

Sure would be nice if when they played well there was some balance and it was acknowleged.
JEF
 
Posts: 1241
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:41 am

Re: Vs. London

Postby Kemosabe on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:28 pm

You are certainly correct.
# Rangers will Raise the Shield

Newest Ranger inspiration
Kemosabe
 
Posts: 1830
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:08 pm
Location: Stratford ON

Re: Vs. London

Postby kitfan on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Totally agree. I come here to read comments on games good or bad but it seems most comments come after a lose. Rangers have played very well the last few games and nice to see Richardson finally getting into a groove. Keep up the good work guys.
kitfan
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:50 pm
Location: kitchener

Re: Vs. London

Postby Sideliner on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:35 pm

I didn't get to see the game so I can't really comment. Always good to wake up the next morning and see a "W" on the scoreboard....especially against a rival. The team is putting a string of decent games together lately which is promising. But they still are a player or two away before they consider themselves serious.

Should be a good one vs. the Storm. - a team that has been relatively hot lately.
Sideliner
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:40 pm
Location: Plattsville, Ont.

Re: Vs. London

Postby Deener on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:09 am

JEF wrote:So they end the 14 game winless streak against London.

They played a great game and deserved the win. They've won 5 of their last 6 and the loss was in OT.

Barely any comments.

Now if they lost there would be lots of activity, most of it negative.

Sure would be nice if when they played well there was some balance and it was acknowledged.


Unfortunately--The majority of comments and conversation are spurred one negative poster. This isn't a board wide issue.

I think it's fine to acknowledge the team not playing great (it happens) or whiffing on draft picks (Ladd doesn't look terrific so far, our 2nd rounder isn't here and our 3rd has 2 points in 20 JRB games). But the majority of posters here have acknowledged they are turned off to visiting this board because of said poster.

Back to topic---Sherwood has looked terrific since he has been here. Glad to see he is finally getting rewarded for his hard work!
Deener
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:28 am

Re: Vs. London

Postby Overager on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:59 pm

Deener- the "said poster" could have said: 1 that our highend draft picks look great and are making a big contribution.
2. MH did a great job as general manager, probably because of his extensive experience at higher levels of hockey and his extensive connections.
3. We should be looking forward to a great year from Henderson(our hold over overager) and I expect him to put up great numbers.
4. After being in contention for the last five or six years we can't complain if we fall back this year.
5.I'm really pleased with our European draft picks. They are a strong part of this team.
6. The trade of Bracco to Windsor certainly got us some valuable additions. I can't imagine where we would be without Burns and Carter. Great trade! Set us up for this year.
7.I hope MM can keep our present scouting staff because they have done a tremendous job over the past number of years but i'm afraid other teams will be trying hard to pry them away from the Rangers.
8. Losing Magyar was a big blow to the team. Hopefully we can find a replacement.
9. Out interim assistant coach is filling in very well but that's to be expected given his extensive coaching experience.
10. I imagine that most teams in the league are envious of Kitchener's ability to attract high-end draft picks to our team, particularly talented players from the U.S. Eat your hearts out London.
IS THIS WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM OUR "SAID POSTER ?" GET REALISTIC !
Overager
 
Posts: 1630
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:31 pm
Location: Waterloo Region

Re: Vs. London

Postby Overager on Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:11 am

Deener- I had to leave before I finished the above post. These are all positive comments. Do they make the reader feel better about the Rangers ?
Do you agree with them ? In your opinion can a fan point out any obvious weaknesses or areas where improvement is needed ? Were you a big fan of Magyar and my poor assessment of him made you "shoot the messenger?" Last year I expressed the opinion that the Rangers,this year , would be a middle of the road team and ,in our division,would end up behind Owen sound and London and, in the Conference, would end up behind Owen Sound,London, Sault Ste. Marie, and battle Guelph for the fourth position.I underestimated Sarnia. That being said, I am a Ranger fan,have been for many,many years but I have to be realistic.It's your prerogative to disagree with me. However,I fail to see where I am responsible for a complete lack of posts on this forum.
Overager
 
Posts: 1630
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:31 pm
Location: Waterloo Region

Re: Vs. London

Postby Overager on Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:15 pm

Thinking that I might be a bit unfair to those responsible for our recent drafts ( scouting staff, Heibert, McKenzie etc.) I took another look at this past summer's draft.What it showed made me left me more discouraged than ever.
Round 1- Grayson Ladd. A dman who has appeared in 7 games with 0 points and 0 penalty minutes
R0und 2. He didn't report
Round 3. Matt Gordon. He is not listed in our line-up and not on our injury list
Round 4. No pick
Round 5. Mike Petizian. Our 5 foot 5 forward.He has 1 goal and 1 assist in 13 games
Rounds 6-15 No selections listed on our present team

And posters wonder why I am negative about many aspects of Ranger hockey ??? I know that LR is the only other poster who has expressed concern about our drafting. Are the rest of you happy?
Overager
 
Posts: 1630
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:31 pm
Location: Waterloo Region

Re: Vs. London

Postby LoneRanger on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:18 pm

Overager wrote:Thinking that I might be a bit unfair to those responsible for our recent drafts ( scouting staff, Heibert, McKenzie etc.) I took another look at this past summer's draft.What it showed made me left me more discouraged than ever.
Round 1- Grayson Ladd. A dman who has appeared in 7 games with 0 points and 0 penalty minutes
R0und 2. He didn't report
Round 3. Matt Gordon. He is not listed in our line-up and not on our injury list
Round 4. No pick
Round 5. Mike Petizian. Our 5 foot 5 forward.He has 1 goal and 1 assist in 13 games
Rounds 6-15 No selections listed on our present team

And posters wonder why I am negative about many aspects of Ranger hockey ??? I know that LR is the only other poster who has expressed concern about our drafting. Are the rest of you happy?


Matthew Gordon is playing with the Kitchener Dutchmen...21games he has 0g...2a for 2pts and 26pim...as bad as those numbers look,i thought he was one of McKenzie's better selections
LoneRanger
 
Posts: 2108
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 10:39 pm
Location: Waterloo

Re: Vs. London

Postby KnightHawk on Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:28 pm

Kole Sherwood with the hat-trick. Wow. Where was this when he played for us?

I guess it's extra adrenalin pumping when a player plays against his former team.

Kind of like a 'HOW DO YA LIKE ME NOW?' moment? :P

All kidding aside:

For the first time ever, I think I'm envious of Rangers fans who go to the games at the Aud.

Why, you ask? You don't have to listen to the jokers doing the PBP and colour on Rogers.

Case in point (I mentioned this on the Knights board, too):

When Cliff Pu drew a penalty, the colour commentator actually laughed, citing Pu went down a little too easily.
Then, when the replay was shown, he immediately did a double-back, saying the cross-check was a little bit harder than first indicated.

I asked my dad, "Can we have the previous guys back?" :P
I then added, "Can we have Roger Wardell back?" :P

KnightHawk
2017-18 PERRY PLEDGE
Knights = $52.00
Voltigeurs = $31.00
Side Bets = $6.00
GRAND TOTAL (as at after games on December 10th) = $89.00
KnightHawk
 
Posts: 1917
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: Ingersoll, Waterloo, London, Woodstock, Thamesford (pick one)

Re: Vs. London

Postby Cyclone Taylor on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:04 pm

KnightHawk wrote:Kole Sherwood with the hat-trick. Wow. Where was this when he played for us?

I guess it's extra adrenalin pumping when a player plays against his former team.

Kind of like a 'HOW DO YA LIKE ME NOW?' moment? :P

All kidding aside:

For the first time ever, I think I'm envious of Rangers fans who go to the games at the Aud.

Why, you ask? You don't have to listen to the jokers doing the PBP and colour on Rogers.

Case in point (I mentioned this on the Knights board, too):

When Cliff Pu drew a penalty, the colour commentator actually laughed, citing Pu went down a little too easily.
Then, when the replay was shown, he immediately did a double-back, saying the cross-check was a little bit harder than first indicated.

I asked my dad, "Can we have the previous guys back?" :P
I then added, "Can we have Roger Wardell back?" :P

KnightHawk


Still better than the radio guys! ;)
Cyclone Taylor
 
Posts: 3619
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:27 am


Return to RangersRush Interactive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests