Dennis Wideman, Assistant Coach

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Dennis Wideman, Assistant Coach

Postby Number65 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Rangers name Dennis Wideman assistant coach

I think this is a good hire (a much better fit than Barnaby for coaching the D), but I do hope that OHL refs don't hold a grudge on behalf of their NHL counterparts.
Number65

Re: Dennis Wideman, Assistant Coach

Postby Toadman on Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:49 pm

Number65 wrote:I think this is a good hire (a much better fit than Barnaby for coaching the D), but I do hope that OHL refs don't hold a grudge on behalf of their NHL counterparts.

Certainly was a good player and should definitely be an upgrade over fill-in Merli. Wideman is potentially a polarizing character when in comes to recruiting though given 'the incident' with Don Henderson and the resulting media circus & lawsuits. I'm not aware that he has much in the way of coaching experience to assess but we haven't worried about that recently :roll:

Perhaps Wideman can master a Dale Hunter style 'death stare' and growl to help scare up more 3rd period PP opportunities :lol:
Toadman

Postby Number65 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:20 pm

Number65

Postby Overager on Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:50 pm

Toadman- Experience certainly wasn't a requirement when the Rangers hired Hiebert as General Manager or Barnaby as assistant coach. It's unfortunate that Wideman is most often recognized as the player who so cowardly cross checked a linesman. But then, Hunter was never an example of good sportsmanship when he played.
Overager

Postby memcup on Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Fraser says at the end of the article "the memory of this incident will move on with him. "
I hope not. I'd swear some refs have one eye stuck on Hall all game just waiting for the smallest reason to put him in the box.

Let's hope Wideman can bring some of the "Knight's secrets" to player development with him. :lol:
memcup

Return to RangersRush Interactive