Home and Home vs Owen Sound

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Home and Home vs Owen Sound

Postby Number65 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:13 am

I didn't catch the whole game, but I did get to see the comeback. That was more like the team that we saw before the mini-slump. Let's hope it continues on Friday.

Also, ADB can't get back soon enough.
Number65

Re: Home and Home vs Owen Sound

Postby Taychuck on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:15 pm

Another shortie.....3 in 2 games. Not good at all.

I am pleased with the comeback though. Considering OS had a goalie in net that had only a couple of games under his belt in the O, we should have beat him more than we did.

And, if we had supposedly capable goalies in our net, we wouldn't have had to pull McGonigle only to see Richardson let in a sofie of his own.

Frustrating, especially after being in Sudbury in Sunday and seeing that display.
Taychuck

Postby memcup on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:31 pm

Can the Rangers decline the penalty in the future?

I'm glad Hugg is finally " lighting it up".
I feel bad for Hall. He just can't seem to catch a break.
If he is gone for the rest of the season all the other moves by MM were for nothing. Most fans believe other holes needed to be filled to make the Rangers real contenders but getting another strong Dman was not what they had in mind
memcup

Postby Number65 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:07 pm

Another weak goal let in by Richardson on the first shot he faced.

I have no idea what Stanley was going to be penalized for before the third Attack goal (the hit was completely clean), but the rest of the team seemed to forget that the play was still live. :oops:

Hoping for another strong third.
Number65

Postby Number65 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:23 pm

Well, after the 8 second mark, they delivered.

Still not the kind of way we need to play if we expect to compete with SSM and Sarnia.
Number65

Postby Toadman on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:36 pm

Number65 wrote:Another weak goal let in by Richardson on the first shot he faced.

Richardson seems to let the first shot or two in quite often :roll:

Happy to get the win but I sure wouldn't want to watch that game again.
Toadman

Postby JEF on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:56 am

2 comeback wins in a row. I like the results, but not the inconsistent effort. Need that full 60 from everyone, not just turning it on when needed.

Joseph Garreffa. Wow. 8 assists in 2 games.

Apparently Windsor GM Warren Rychel was at the game last night. I'm guessing both the Rangers and Attack are looking to the Spits as a trading partner.
The Rangers have a nice supply of draft picks that Windsor is in dire need of.
JEF

Postby Number65 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:36 pm

My guess is that Owen Sound will be starting the bidding in the Michael Dipietro sweepstakes. Villardi, Brown, Day and Luchuk could also be on the market.
Number65

Postby Toadman on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:05 am

Number65 wrote:My guess is that Owen Sound will be starting the bidding in the Michael Dipietro sweepstakes. Villardi, Brown, Day and Luchuk could also be on the market.

The Spit's are shopping their OAs and 1998s to restock for 2018 but DiPietro likely stays unless a ridiculous offer is made which probably deals OS out, especially as OS would still need a couple+ more pieces to even get back to last year's level. Vilardi's value is similarly extreme but there's probably too high a risk 2017-18 unless he returns to the ice and shows strong before the deadline. WR is a shrewd trader and, also, DiPietro/Vilardi won't OK going just anywhere.

Unless we're going all-in as the Stanley/Sherwood moves suggested, we're likely shopping downmarket.
Toadman

Return to RangersRush Interactive