Windsor at Rangers

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Windsor at Rangers

Postby Overager on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:55 pm

We were awful in the first period and our goaltending was ,at best, mediocre.Windsor's overagers had 88 points coming into this game compared to Henderson's and Sherwood's 36. Does that tell us anything? Sure, Henderson blocks shots but you need an overage forward to score.In addition, Logan Brown with 21 points in only 13 games was not dressed.
Overager

Re: Windsor at Rangers

Postby Toadman on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:51 am

OA ... our scoring wasn't the problem IMO, in fact we've pretty much 'lit up' star keeper DiPietro with regularity (vs his season GAA) over 4 games this season with at least 4 goals per game. Describing our goaltending as mediocre is high praise vs what I saw on the ice. Richardson's propensity for letting a softy, or two or three, in on the first few shots is quite frustrating. His GAA tonight was 18.24!
Toadman

Postby Number65 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:11 am

We had some bad bounces, but it all comes down to inadequate goaltending. I think we should be making a bid for DiPietro. He seems to be able to stop every other team but ours.
Number65

Postby memcup on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:01 am

Instead of Sherwood they should have got Raaymakers.
If they go after DePietro it'll cost them more because they'll need to add extra picks that Windsor can then trade for a goalie.
The Spits don't have a capable back up and they wouldn't want any of the Ranger goalies they saw last night.

I think it's time to come up with a new plan for teddy bear night....maybe 4 to 8 teams of kids to clean up the bears.
Maybe drop the bear in a box on the way into the Aud. It took too long last night with only one team on each side of the rink.
Bears sat piled up and untouched for over 10 minutes in one corner while they cleaned up the other corner.
memcup

Postby Taychuck on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 am

Taken from The Record "Replacement Chris McGonigle didn't fare much better and allowed five goals on 29 shots." Actually, he did much better as he played 50 minutes of the game and only let in 1 more goal than Richardson on 29 shots!!!!

Scary with the lack of preparedness by this team. Flat as piss on a plate as Don McCrea would say.

I have felt over the last few years that as a Ranger fan in our home rink we are treated very poorly by the product on the ice when they come out that flat. That should have been the pump up game they needed to come out with a quick start and get the 7000 fans into the game. Instead it was a snoozer. Disappointing.

When a team scores 5 goals, they should win the game. Di Pietro looked almost as bad considering his title of the best goaltender in the league. Do we really want him on our team or is he just poor when we play them?

Re. Teddy Bear Night - I would prefer if we moved to include hats, mitts and socks too as we all know there are many in our communities that have real needs for something more than a stuffy.

There is no doubt that we have had better teams picking up bears than last night. I was watching some of the players in front of the Windsor bench and they were brutal. There needs to be more instruction given to the little dears as to what their role is when they step on the ice....to get the bears bagged as quickly as possible. One kid would hand pick what he wanted to pick up, check it out and throw it (singular) in the bag. He then proceeded to skate around the bag holder and go to another pile as he probably saw another favourite over there instead of bending his sorry little butt down and picking up 2, 3 or maybe even 4 at a time and put them in the bag. I've also heard rumour that some of them end up in the circular bin as there isn't enough need for them.....don't know if that's true or not. I just think it's time to revisit what is being thrown and the speed in which the clean up is or isn't done.
Taychuck

Postby wrister on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:19 pm

The Teddy bear toss is 23 yrs old. Agree that it's time to re think what we contribute. 11,000 teddys all supposedly picked up by charitable organizations by 9am the next morning? Must use front end loaders and tractor trailers for pickup. Too many groups are now collecting toys and teddys , every Santa Claus parade collects. I like the idea of mitts or socks but not ones that have been worn or used like a lot of teddys that get tossed.
wrister

Postby memcup on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:25 pm

I just think it's time to revisit what is being thrown

I heard on the weekend in the Woolwich rink they had "an underwear toss".
Where you toss new (not used) packaged underwear on the ice when the first goal is scored.
The reason is a lot of clothing new and used is donated to needy families but the one item that needs to be purchased is underwear.
memcup

Postby Toadman on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:23 pm

Taychuck wrote:Taken from The Record "Replacement Chris McGonigle didn't fare much better and allowed five goals on 29 shots." Actually, he did much better...

Indeed, Richardson was on pace to let in 18 goals and didn't look like he was even seeing the puck at all. McGonigle played better and made some good saves but wasn't strong enough to keep us in that game either. I'd start McGonigle until ADB can play &/or Santa brings us someone more capable.
Toadman

Postby attackisback on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:42 pm

Owen sound changed to a puck toss and toy drive due to germ concerns of the plush toys
attackisback

Return to RangersRush Interactive