Brown's article re trades

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Re: Brown's article re trades

Postby JEF on Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:59 pm

Yawn.
JEF

Postby pokey on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:19 pm

Agree, yawn.
pokey

Postby Overager on Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:43 pm

JEF & Pokey- MONKEY SEE; MONKEY DO.
Overager

Postby pokey on Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:20 pm

yawn.
pokey

Postby Overager on Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:53 pm

Pokey- You don't have an opinion of your own ? Do you believe that the Rangers have more than one "elite" player
'"
Overager

Postby JEF on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:15 pm

YAWN.
JEF

Postby pokey on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:26 am

Yawn
pokey

Postby Deener on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:07 pm

Overager wrote:Pokey- You don't have an opinion of your own ? Do you believe that the Rangers have more than one "elite" player
'"

Noone cares if they have "more than one elite player." It's a stupid metric to look at to begin with, I'd rather care about how a team performs than how many star players they have.

Some indisputable facts:

1. The rangers are going all in this year, whether you, I or any poster agrees with it. May as well sit back and enjoy it because the team will be fairly poor for the next couple years. This will likely be the best 4-5 months of hockey we see for a few years.
2. The rangers have the third most points in the league this year- Hard to argue they should be in a position to sell, or not add.
3. You are the primary reason why this board is a barren wasteland. I don't care about the negativity, everyone here is entitled to an opinion. It's where you state that exact same opinion 800 times in response to any discussion that it limits, and frustrates people out of posting, reading or visiting this site.

No sense replying to this message-
Deener

Postby LoneRanger on Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:26 pm

Deener wrote:
Overager wrote:Pokey- You don't have an opinion of your own ? Do you believe that the Rangers have more than one "elite" player
'"

Noone cares if they have "more than one elite player." It's a stupid metric to look at to begin with, I'd rather care about how a team performs than how many star players they have.

Some indisputable facts:

1. The rangers are going all in this year, whether you, I or any poster agrees with it. May as well sit back and enjoy it because the team will be fairly poor for the next couple years. This will likely be the best 4-5 months of hockey we see for a few years.
2. The rangers have the third most points in the league this year- Hard to argue they should be in a position to sell, or not add.
3. You are the primary reason why this board is a barren wasteland. I don't care about the negativity, everyone here is entitled to an opinion. It's where you state that exact same opinion 800 times in response to any discussion that it limits, and frustrates people out of posting, reading or visiting this site.

No sense replying to this message-

Bravo Deener...well said!
LoneRanger

Postby Overager on Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:46 pm

With difficulty, I'll try to be aware of your complaints although i don't think that i am the cause of fewer posters on this forum. The Erie board has been empty for a couple of years. No one posts on the Guelph board. People ,in general tend to message one another and not post on a board such as Rangers Rush.
Overager

Postby pokey on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:42 pm

Deener.....perfect!
pokey

Postby JEF on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:34 am

Deener. You nailed it.

Thank you.
JEF

Postby Overager on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:23 am

Players away at the world juniors have a major effect on team play.It's difficult to play without your teams star players and it's likely that Owen Sound,Barrie and a few others will return to form when their players return. London and the Soo haven't appeared to take a back step and when their players return I can't imagine how those teams will be strengthened. Imagine London with Mete, Jones,Thomas, Formington back in their lineup or the Soo with theirs returned.One or two trade deadline additions should make either team extremely strong, prohibitive favourites.
Overager

Postby JEF on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:18 pm

Yawn
JEF

Postby memcup on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:24 pm

I can’t disagree with you OA but what are the Rangers options?
Stand pat? Not really an option because it doesn't help the team now or in the future.
Sell off guys like Mascherin , Stanley & Sherwood and try to get more younger talent and more picks to buy stars with next year?
Or trade for talent (which this team lacks acc0rding to multiple posts) and make an effort.
At this point of the season wholesale changes in management and coaching are not an option.

Personally I’d like to see a few players brought in and see what happens.
memcup

PreviousNext

Return to RangersRush Interactive