Ex Rangers on the move

A forum for all fans of the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League.

Moderators: Eagle Vision, CharlieGirl, Duct Tape

Forum rules
DO NOT Post ticket requests or sales on this forum, there is a: Ticket Exchange setup for this purpose.

Ex Rangers on the move

Postby LoneRanger on Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:19 am

Mississauga has sent Merrick Rippon and Jacob Cascagnette to Ottawa...full details of this breaking trade to be announced tomorrow
LoneRanger

Re: Ex Rangers on the move

Postby LoneRanger on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:04 pm

To Ottawa: Merrick Rippon,Jacob Cascagnette,Shaw Boomhower

To Missy: Matt Foget plus a 2nd and 3rd pick and a conditional 5th pick
LoneRanger

Postby Sideliner on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:26 pm

Hmmm, I'm guessing this possibly means Mississauga are sellers now (?)
There's gotta be something behind that Rippon move.
This is the 2nd time in about the past 6 months where I've been left wondering what's going on with this player.
Sideliner

Postby Sideliner on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:52 pm

Also, regarding the deal that sees Vilardi and Day going to Kingston, it's interesting to hear WR stating that he would consider more deals if it means bringing in another quality young player (with a bit of paraphrasing). They've almost refilled the cupboards within a year's time - remarkable. Mind you, they at least had attractive assets to trade. Looking to next year, assuming things go the way everyone expects in Rangerland, I doubt this team will have the assets to bring in similar numbers as far as picks are concerned.
Sideliner

Postby Toadman on Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:33 pm

Sideliner wrote:I've been left wondering what's going on with this player.

A high maintenance ground crew has been the buzz all along so he probably needed to move home to be happy :roll: The trade seems like a wash/salvage unless MR thrives & develops well.

Sideliner wrote:They've almost refilled the cupboards within a year's time - remarkable.

Agreed, lots of picks and excellent prospects acquired with MORE to come. WR is killing it @ buy & sell over the last 12 months.

Sideliner wrote: in Rangerland, I doubt this team will have the assets to bring in similar numbers as far as picks are concerned.

We could have some coveted OAs, especially if a few of Bunn/Mascherin/Stanley/Hall are still here and start 2018-19 strong. Somebody could really want our top 99 Garreffa too of course but he might well be untouchable short of a crazy offer. If we add some stud 98/99s (...DiPietro 8) ) and they're still here, we could sell to recoup :?:
Toadman

Postby memcup on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:06 pm

In the Rippon deal Kitchener received 2 seconds plus 3 additional conditional picks.
Are these picks affected by the deal that Missy just made? Since he's not playing there I find it unlikely that Kitchener would get any of these picks.
memcup

Postby EchoThree on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:56 pm

memcup wrote:In the Rippon deal Kitchener received 2 seconds plus 3 additional conditional picks.
Are these picks affected by the deal that Missy just made? Since he's not playing there I find it unlikely that Kitchener would get any of these picks.

I can't imagine that Missy can just "void" the conditional picks by trading him. They either need to negotiate those conditions with Ottawa, or suck it up and pay Kitchener if the conditions are fulfilled, regardless of where he is playing.
EchoThree

Postby Toadman on Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:06 pm

memcup wrote:In the Rippon deal Kitchener received 2 seconds plus 3 additional conditional picks.
Are these picks affected by the deal that Missy just made? Since he's not playing there I find it unlikely that Kitchener would get any of these picks

No, it's just one pick that apparently escalates in value (min 4th up to max 2nd) the higher Rippon goes in the upcoming NHL draft. Possibly follows the ABC rating scheme suggesting the condition is likely tracking to be a 3rd but it could be anything as exact terms are not public and there's quite a broad range of possibilities. Conditions are typically maintained and paid as per the letter of the initial trade contract which the league monitors and 'ensures' is equitable.
Toadman

Postby memcup on Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:13 pm

I was thinking that some picks would be tied to performance / number of games or seasons played for the Steelhead. If the condition is not met the pick is not transferred.
Looking at what Missy got in return compared to what they paid leaves me wondering

I guess I'm interpreting the ohl site wrong. It's not 3 conditional picks.... it's 1 pick that could be a different round depending on where he's drafted
memcup

Return to RangersRush Interactive